Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a player can't play because they test positive will it be made public? In other words, when will we know?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      If a player can't play because they test positive will it be made public? In other words, when will we know?
      That's a great question. I believe at most schools the campus health center is conducting the testing and they fall under HIPAA, so most likely not. At this level it might sneak out through local gossip. Maybe it becomes known if the player posts it himself.

I assume they'll be using rapid tests but unsure about protocol for deciding when someone enters or comes out of quarantine.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        If a player can't play because they test positive will it be made public? In other words, when will we know?
        Probably around 5:15 p.m. on Saturday when this board blows up after the game.

Unless it's a star it may take us a bit to even realize who isn't out there.

It's going to suck going through this every week -- some weeks the fear will obviously be much higher than others.

These first two weeks and then that Cal/SRU stretch ... I think if I was Tort I'd lock the team in the basement of the field house. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's a great question. I believe at most schools the campus health center is conducting the testing and they fall under HIPAA, so most likely not. At this level it might sneak out through local gossip. Maybe it becomes known if the player posts it himself.

I assume they'll be using rapid tests but unsure about protocol for deciding when someone enters or comes out of quarantine.
          Correct. They won't be allowed to name names. Tort will probably just say they have said numbers of players in protocol.

That said, I'm sure the players won't even be allowed in the stadium so it probably won't be too hard to figure out for those attending in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. They won't be allowed to name names. Tort will probably just say they have said numbers of players in protocol.

That said, I'm sure the players won't even be allowed in the stadium so it probably won't be too hard to figure out for those attending in person.
            If they live on campus they'll be sequestered or sent home. One advantage of the extra housing capacity, I guess.

Comment

• Nothing gets our team more fired up than looking up into the stands and seeing our fans wearing their IUP gear from the Co-Op Store.

Best. Commercial. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The IUP Marching Band has really hit rock bottom.

No...he can't be any worse and if he gets rid of Crimson Express he's already ahead of the game.
                I have missed news about the band director. This presents a golden opportunity to get the marching band back to once again be football oriented at football games. Recruiting is essential to restore the band to the legend it once was. I also believe Crimson Express needs to be put on a shelf of bad mistakes in a museum. The band would be well advised to rid itself of Ghost Busters and immediately bring back Cherokee! From a basketball perspective, it is time to have a pep band at home games.

Comment

Nothing gets our team more fired up than looking up into the stands and seeing our fans wearing their IUP gear from the Co-Op Store.

Best. Commercial. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BADinPA View Post

I have missed news about the band director. This presents a golden opportunity to get the marching band back to once again be football oriented at football games. Recruiting is essential to restore the band to the legend it once was. I also believe Crimson Express needs to be put on a shelf of bad mistakes in a museum. The band would be well advised to rid itself of Ghost Busters and immediately bring back Cherokee! From a basketball perspective, it is time to have a pep band at home games.
                    I agree. Hit the reset buttom.

But, it isn't going to happen overnight. The band has been shrinking yearly. I hear this year it is even smaller than 2019.

End of the day, football crowds want football music -- not glorified elevator music and 80s movies theme songs.

Be a competition band the other 6 days of the week.

I 100% agree on basketball, too. Even though the KCAC has a way better atmosphere than Miller, it still seems like a no-brainer.

Cherokee, unfortunately, took the dirt nap. Go to an IHS game and you can still hear it.

Comment

• BTW, where in the world did IUP CRIMSON HAWKS disappear to? He hasn't been on in months.

QB controversies aren't the same without him.

Comment

I agree. Hit the reset buttom.

But, it isn't going to happen overnight. The band has been shrinking yearly. I hear this year it is even smaller than 2019.

End of the day, football crowds want football music -- not glorified elevator music and 80s movies theme songs.

Be a competition band the other 6 days of the week.

I 100% agree on basketball, too. Even though the KCAC has a way better atmosphere than Miller, it still seems like a no-brainer.

Cherokee, unfortunately, took the dirt nap. Go to an IHS game and you can still hear it.

Comment

• I've heard a few different things on the covid protocal. Not sure how accurate the details are and it seems schools are different. Basically, if youre expposed to someone that tests positive and you are not vaccinated youre automatically quarantined for 7 days. If you test positive I think it's 7-10 days and then 4-5 days you cant participate (?)
                          If youre vaccinated and exposed to a person that tested positive as long as you have no symptoms you are good....dont have to do ****. So really pressure and punish unvaccinated.

Basically if guys start testing positive tomorrow the unvaccinated guys around them will be out 1-2 games or so. Regardless if they have covid or not.
                          Last edited by EdinboroFB; 09-08-2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• The University of Kollyfornia at Berkeley has been named the Top University in the USA by US News and World Report

IUP is now the Cal Berkeley of the Pee Sack. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                              I've heard a few different things on the covid protocal. Not sure how accurate the details are and it seems schools are different. Basically, if youre expposed to someone that tests positive and you are not vaccinated youre automatically quarantined for 7 days. If you test positive I think it's 7-10 days and then 4-5 days you cant participate (?)
                              If youre vaccinated and exposed to a person that tested positive as long as you have no symptoms you are good....dont have to do ****. So really pressure and punish unvaccinated.

Basically if guys start testing positive tomorrow the unvaccinated guys around them will be out 1-2 games or so. Regardless if they have covid or not.

So, going with the IUP '60 or 70%' vaccinated ... disaster could loom.

I'd still love to hear how they define 'exposed' within a football program.

Comment

So, going with the IUP '60 or 70%' vaccinated ... disaster could loom.

I'd still love to hear how they define 'exposed' within a football program.
                                Exposed for contact tracing purposes is close proximity, so roommates, close friends, or classmates. That's where sports is dangerous because it adds to it between practice, workouts, and locker room plus bus travel for games.

I feel like at this point you're not going to make much progress on anyone skeptical or opposed to the vaccine. They'll sit or quit and make themselves a Twitter martyr. So you have to just try to get as many of the "maybes" vaccinated as possible.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X