X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

By what measure?

Comment

• Okay I get what you're saying. I was thinking more of how their stats stacked up against the other teams in the conference. Even so, Lock Haven averaged 20 more yards per game in 2019. So maybe stats sometimes lie?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Tort Show is live tonight from the Hilton. Perhaps he will discuss it.
        Do they do it out in the bar/restaurant area where people can watch them do the show?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Do they do it out in the bar/restaurant area where people can watch them do the show?
          Yes

Comment

Yes
            That is really cool. That would be fun to go watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That is really cool. That would be fun to go watch.
              He's probably going to say they won because of all the fans wearing their IUP gear from the CO-OP Store.

Comment

• Forgot to mention ... Foster Dining Hall ... home to some of the worst food ever served ... is gone. Demolition is complete.

Comment

Forgot to mention ... Foster Dining Hall ... home to some of the worst food ever served ... is gone. Demolition is complete.
                  I was fired from a job in Foster. Glad to see it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

You shouldn't have put the LSD in the iced tea.

Comment

• While I do not know anything about 2012/2013, but during 2015-2018 IUP had a running QB in Lenny Williams. The current IUP QB can run, but he does not look to run like Williams did. I wish IUP could put up those rushing numbers AND win. That limited the amount of offensive drives for Shepherd.

Comment

They'll definitely have some more normalcy in place this week. Regardless what Tort was yapping about in the newspaper, I think it was pretty clear Harry Football was going to start that game. Jack mentioned after the game on the radio that the obvious major curveball was they were prepping and game-planning for Harry -- who is a much different style QB than Davis. So, they literally only had about 48 hours to get things figured out. Add to it, the OC was one of the coaches out. It was actually Campolo (OL coach) who called the plays.

I watched the game replay last night. You see a lot more on the video than in the stands. It certainly helps to be able to watch a play a couple times. I wish we had a big video board. Oh, wait. We do. What I meant is I wish we had a big video board that actually showed replays. Regardless ...

It was even more apparent on the playback that Javon was a different player after the intermission. He looked understandably very jittery in the first half -- and, the play calling was very watered-down and jittery, too. You could really see his confidence grow as the game progressed. And, with it, the running game picked up (somewhat) in the second half.

When they get that run game rolling, they will be a nightmare to defend. With Irv's size and speed on the outside, Duane all over the place, Daquon Green just getting his feet wet, Hilton Ridley's emergence and Grant Smith out the TE position ... I don't know how you stop that if the ground game is moving. Javon is really good at play action. He fooled me out several times. Add to it, he's only 5'11" behind an enormous OL. He's hard to see back there -- especially at full speed.

Few other observations upon closer look:

* Still no idea how Duane was called on that TD for taunting. The jabroni who threw the flag was at least 25 yards away.

* That Kutztown TD bomb in the second half ... amazing the QB got that ball out. He was walloped almost as it left his hand.

* Is there anything better than seeing a 315 lb DL make a Pick 6? Or better yet, a WR trying to tackle him? BTW, that was our Clarion boy who tipped it up in the air.

* IUP was sloppy in some things which made them waste at least (2) timeouts. We'll chalk that up to 700 days between games and four coaches out.

* That last punt ... remember that play. It may have changed IUP's whole season. IUP went from all the momentum in the world up 29-19 to all the sudden OH SH!T. Grubbs punted that in to a pretty stiff wind -- and blasted it. Goodness was Kutztown close to blocking that punt. But, he got it off and flipped the field. Remember, they didn't need a TD there. A FG would have tied it up.

* KU has some really good RBs. The one is very small but he can fly. The other (I think No. 24) is a hammer.

* Baffles me why KU was passing on that first interception (the one IUP picked in the end zone). They were running so well the whole way down the field on that drive. Big chunks. That's an OC trying to get too cute.

* There were some sore dudes yesterday on both sides. The beat the crap out of each other.
                        Now knowing that the OL Coach was calling the plays, along with Davis finding out 48 hrs before the game he is starting makes the victory a little more impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You shouldn't have put the LSD in the iced tea.
                          I remember being at Woodstock, and when I woke up, Reagan was President.

Comment

He's probably going to say they won because of all the fans wearing their IUP gear from the CO-OP Store.
                            LMAO!!!!

I looked at the online offerings of the CO-OP Store. They really need to step it up. It could be a bit more fashionable for today. They probably have better stuff inside the store.

Comment

Forgot to mention ... Foster Dining Hall ... home to some of the worst food ever served ... is gone. Demolition is complete.
                              That basically where I ate for three of my four years there once I moved in Oakland Hall.

When they put the french fries out on the salad bar...that was a big deal. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Is that why you don't root for IUP foosball as your first choice? LOL!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X