Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You shouldn't have put the LSD in the iced tea.
    Some people really needed it...

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Justice Evans had only 1 carry last week. I'm wondering if he's ok.

Does IUP have a lead back?

Comment

• I wouldn't say injury prone, I dont think Evans has even messed a handful of games in his career.

Comment

• Justice is a tough dude. He looks small in stature out there compared to those linemen but he's built pretty well. He's every bit of 5'11" and probably 185 lbs. He's not going to get 25 carries but he's very productive. I'd still like to have one big bruiser back there.

But, as the old saying goes, your best ability is your availability.

He got knicked up Saturday. That is the reason for one touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

While I do not know anything about 2012/2013, but during 2015-2018 IUP had a running QB in Lenny Williams. The current IUP QB can run, but he does not look to run like Williams did. I wish IUP could put up those rushing numbers AND win. That limited the amount of offensive drives for Shepherd.
            They have a stable of running backs who are more then capable of getting the job done this weekend, #22 could be the big bruiser back for IUP this year, Evans cans do a lot with the ball in hands, and we know TOUCHDOWN BROWN can also run the ball. Saturday is going to be very exciting to watch, especially with Davis looking more comfortable under center in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Justice is a tough dude. He looks small in stature out there compared to those linemen but he's built pretty well. He's every bit of 5'11" and probably 185 lbs. He's not going to get 25 carries but he's very productive. I'd still like to have one big bruiser back there.

But, as the old saying goes, your best ability is your availability.

He got knicked up Saturday. That is the reason for one touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonHawkAlum View Post
                Solid back and a true IUP man for the last 5 years
                Well said, TRUE IUP GUY! Dajour Fisher in the backfield was a sight to see, beautiful play design by the coaches, I hope we see more of fisher lining up in the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

They have a stable of running backs who are more then capable of getting the job done this weekend, #22 could be the big bruiser back for IUP this year, Evans cans do a lot with the ball in hands, and we know TOUCHDOWN BROWN can also run the ball. Saturday is going to be very exciting to watch, especially with Davis looking more comfortable under center in the second half.
                  #22 Dayjure Stewart got the red zone TD run early in the 4th qtr. I too believe he can be that guy that gets the tough yardage...even though Brown is very capable. I dunno IUPFOOTBALLALUM , I am starting to feel a little better about Saturday. But still, the players must stay safe. But I tell you what, if IUP wins with at least a solid game from Davis, we have a QB controversy.

Comment

#22 Dayjure Stewart got the red zone TD run early in the 4th qtr. I too believe he can be that guy that gets the tough yardage...even though Brown is very capable. I dunno IUPFOOTBALLALUM , I am starting to feel a little better about Saturday. But still, the players must stay safe. But I tell you what, if IUP wins with at least a solid game from Davis, we have a QB controversy.
                    If IUP is 2-0 after these two opponents ... Harry Football will be Harry Clipboard.

I honestly think if you'd bench Davis after winning two huge games you'd risk causing major drama in the locker room.

Comment

If IUP is 2-0 after these two opponents ... Harry Football will be Harry Clipboard.

I honestly think if you'd bench Davis after winning two huge games you'd risk causing major drama in the locker room.
                      It's a big IF whether IUP will be 2-0. Either way, I think you'd have to give Woodberry a chance. What could evolve could be something very, very good. The goal remains to go as deep into the playoffs as possible. That makes for a long season and if we have 2 guys who can do it and provide a different look I think it would be good. But let's take care of business on Saturday first.

Comment

Going to get real interesting, have to believe if Davis starts the season off 2-0 the QB position battle is back on. We would definitely see them splitting time for the next couple of games.

Comment

• From WCCS (seems they made an error on Streater):

missing a number of players

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

Going to get real interesting, have to believe if Davis starts the season off 2-0 the QB position battle is back on. We would definitely see them splitting time for the next couple of games.

They should have plenty of time to work it out. After this week, IUP should have three straight easy ones (@Mercy, #LIT-AF, @Clarion). That three-game stretch leads right to Slippery Rock on Oct. 16.

Comment

• It's a good problem to have. Some PSAC teams seemingly have no reliable QB. Biggest challenge will be adapting to different styles of play.

Comment

Last edited by IUPNation; 09-14-2021, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X