Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Well, plenty of those points were scored on four and five deep guys so I wouldn't use that as your argument. What you can use is IUP is a very strong physical team against a smaller quicker defense. If IUP can get the lead early and stick to their game plan of long sustained drives, they'll get the win. If they dig themselves a hole, well that plays to Shepherd's game plan.

I agree with that If the hawks can run the ball they definitely have the edge In this game, I hope to see a physical game on the ground.

Comment

• It still seems kind of hard to assess where these teams actually are after such a long lay off. I'll with Shepherd wins by more than a touchdown if:

No issues with special teams which may be the big killer for the Rams

Penalties especially unsportsmanlike penalties

They protect Tyson

Can run the ball some

Keep IUP off the field

Receivers can get open

Good Luck guys should be a good one

SU 41 IUP 31

Comment

• Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
        It still seems kind of hard to assess where these teams actually are after such a long lay off. I'll with Shepherd wins by more than a touchdown if:

No issues with special teams which may be the big killer for the Rams

Penalties especially unsportsmanlike penalties

They protect Tyson

Can run the ball some

Keep IUP off the field

Receivers can get open

Good Luck guys should be a good one

SU 41 IUP 31
        Bold score prediction, Both teams will be ready to go, I think IUPs offense will have a field day! IUP 38 Shep 31

Comment

• Should be a great game. I think it might come down to who is playing for IUP between injuries & protocol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Should be a great game. I think it might come down to who is playing for IUP between injuries & protocol.
            We won't get a peep on either until warm-ups start tomorrow.

I'd be shocked if Houser plays. That's a big ask for a RB to come back a week later. If he's questionable perhaps they dress him just in case. I've heard mixed thoughts on Kelly -- some say he's playing and some say he isn't.

Streater and (2) reserve LBs return tomorrow -- pending any surprises. Obviously, Streater is a massive addition. The two LBs should help on special teams and certainly provide more depth at the position than we had a week ago.

Reserve WRs Hardy and Mumford both had boots on and didn't dress last week. I doubt we see either tomorrow.

The QB2 is a major concern tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHAWKS7 View Post

do i need to tell you who my dad is???!
              Shhhhh, let them think they know but we all know they are the joke!

Comment

• Comment

• I won't argue the score as I think this matchup is usually a close game. However, two things Shepherd does reasonably well is (A)O-Line protecting Bagent combined with quick plays and (B) keeping the run game in check. If you had said, Big Irv and Touchdown Brown were going to have big days, I would agree with you 100%. I just don't see 250 yards on the ground.

Comment

• O/U Bagent 400 yards........
                    I'll take over because I know he'll have to go 4 quarters in this one.

Comment

I won't argue the score as I think this matchup is usually a close game. However, two things Shepherd does reasonably well is (A)O-Line protecting Bagent combined with quick plays and (B) keeping the run game in check. If you had said, Big Irv and Touchdown Brown were going to have big days, I would agree with you 100%. I just don't see 250 yards on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

ONLY GOOD PROGRAM IN THAT CONFERENCE LEFT AND CAME TO THE PSAC, STAY IN THE TRUCK BERT
                        In the words of that great philosopher Fran Tarkenton - Ignoring facts does not make them go away.

In the words of an even greater philosopher Morgan Freedman - Posting in all caps makes you look even dumber than you actually are. For you, that's no small feat.

Comment

I won't argue the score as I think this matchup is usually a close game. However, two things Shepherd does reasonably well is (A)O-Line protecting Bagent combined with quick plays and (B) keeping the run game in check. If you had said, Big Irv and Touchdown Brown were going to have big days, I would agree with you 100%. I just don't see 250 yards on the ground.
                          Irv and Brown will rightfully draw a lot of attention. I look for our Florida Gator to have his coming out party tomorrow. He got to camp late and his feet are wet now. IUP also has what should be a star TE ... have to get him involved with the others drawing so much attention.

Gonna be a hot one tomorrow ... 80+ and sunny.

Bring a hat on the visitor side. The sun just beats it the whole game.

Comment

• Just landed a little bit ago in Pittsburgh. I can smell football in the air! We are getting very very close! GO HAWKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Gonna be a hot one tomorrow ... 80+ and sunny.

Bring a hat on the visitor side. The sun just beats it the whole game.
                              I'll be there. The weather looks good. Shepherd's all aluminum stands radiate the heat as well. Low 80's will be a nice reprieve. I still remember my first trip to Indiana in '98. An alebriated student fell down the home stands, and got up and said the worst part of that was it was his second time in the last week. Lol!

Comment

I'll be there. The weather looks good. Shepherd's all aluminum stands radiate the heat as well. Low 80's will be a nice reprieve. I still remember my first trip to Indiana in '98. An alebriated student fell down the home stands, and got up and said the worst part of that was it was his second time in the last week. Lol!
                                On many levels, that was one of the more miserable games I've attended at Miller.

What an odd ending.

I wouldn't want to guess how many people were 'still' at that game in the fourth quarter. It wasn't many. They beat the hell out of each other for four quarters. Great game to watch if you like defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X