Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's a budding rivalry!

It's a weird time as a fan, Ship is definitely #1 on the schedule as THE Rivalry game. I know as a former player and going on decade 2 as a fan, always had heard of the history of IUP had as premier program and we think we should be considered in that same breath. There always seemed to be a little animosity at the PSAC hierarchy thinking we couldn't compete with programs like that, so that might just naturally develop into a good rivalry. Coupled with the extensive playoff history between the 2, it's trending that way.

West Chester I'd imagine will get there as well and Kutztown. The battle of the Rams has a nice ring to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Even when we stink we live in the haters heads!!
      Its usually only a one week thing. Its hard to get too worked up when you have a .833 winning percent against said team. Just always love the ones who always think Shepherd isn't on the same level as IUP and the Rock. Yes, we are built different, but its a recipe that has worked well for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Its usually only a one week thing. Its hard to get too worked up when you have a .833 winning percent against said team. Just always love the ones who always think Shepherd isn't on the same level as IUP and the Rock. Yes, we are built different, but its a recipe that has worked well for us.

Comment

• It's tough to shake when for 25-30 years you've been told your not as good as the big boys. That's by every single team in the PSAC, shoot even this week there was some of the IUP trash (the new multi personality, fan boys, weak insult types) reminding us this isn't the MEC anymore. The mindset is we are still the upstart, but it's not really the case. Not sure any of us will really get over that part of our DNA since that is how we grew up as fans of the program.

Comment

• I don't doubt that one bit.

Comment

It's tough to shake when for 25-30 years you've been told your not as good as the big boys. That's by every single team in the PSAC, shoot even this week there was some of the IUP trash (the new multi personality, fan boys, weak insult types) reminding us this isn't the MEC anymore. The mindset is we are still the upstart, but it's not really the case. Not sure any of us will really get over that part of our DNA since that is how we grew up as fans of the program.
              Been hearing it since '98 when we started enjoying some success in D2. Guess we shouldn't let it get to us given we've probably been the best SR1 team of the last decade.

Comment

• Well, I am almost 60 yo and remember the NAIA days where the first game was always against the PSAC. Hated always starting the season 0-1. Shepherd has grown and developed over the years and now deserves the respect we have earned. There was a feeling of an inferiority complex especially for us older dudes. Didn't help that a lot of my friends went to PSAC schools....most to IUP...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
                  Well, I am almost 60 yo and remember the NAIA days where the first game was always against the PSAC. Hated always starting the season 0-1. Shepherd has grown and developed over the years and now deserves the respect we have earned. There was a feeling of an inferiority complex especially for us older dudes. Didn't help that a lot of my friends went to PSAC schools....most to IUP...
                  Caught a few years of Coach Barr?

Comment

• Sure did....watching every game behind Boteler on the hill....and harassing the visiting team..

Comment

• Out of 112768 of your posts I guarantee 75 percent is all non sense! Keep this board about football and football only thanks.
                      Last edited by Big Hawk15; 09-20-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
                        Sure did....watching every game behind Boteler on the hill....and harassing the visiting team..
                        Came the year after they tore the old girl down. 4 year Kenamonkey.

Comment

It's tough to shake when for 25-30 years you've been told your not as good as the big boys. That's by every single team in the PSAC, shoot even this week there was some of the IUP trash (the new multi personality, fan boys, weak insult types) reminding us this isn't the MEC anymore. The mindset is we are still the upstart, but it's not really the case. Not sure any of us will really get over that part of our DNA since that is how we grew up as fans of the program.
                          Actually, Shepherd wasn't as good as the big boys until the early to mid '90s when Monte came along. In my college days in the '60s and long after that, Shepherd was the team you played when you wanted an easy W. They didn't really start taking over the series with Ship until the 21st century. But Shepherd has been a top dog in the region for a long enough period now that nobody should be surprised when they knock off one of the "big boys." Unfortunately, judging by the dusting The Rock took from Minnesota State last season, our best teams might be the big boys in a small pond at the moment.

Comment

• About time you admit we live rent free in the collective IUP mind.. next you'll admit we are clearly the superior football program. Even though you're a complete idiot it's great to see you are coming around little one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Hawk15 View Post

Out of 112768 of your posts I guarantee 75 percent is all non sense! Keep this board about football and football only thanks.
                              What he said, Nation is a total CLOWN! Loves to talk about everything football because he knows nothing about the game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Actually, Shepherd wasn't as good as the big boys until the early to mid '90s when Monte came along. In my college days in the '60s and long after that, Shepherd was the team you played when you wanted an easy W. They didn't really start taking over the series with Ship until the 21st century. But Shepherd has been a top dog in the region for a long enough period now that nobody should be surprised when they knock off one of the "big boys." Unfortunately, judging by the dusting The Rock took from Minnesota State last season, our best teams might be the big boys in a small pond at the moment.
                                Yep, when I got to Shepherd in 2003 you could feel the program tense up or even fear to a degree when we played East Stroudsburg, Rock and Shippensburg. East Stroudsburg and Ship were very good then (Kuhn/Grimes years for ship, Jimmy T for ESU).

One thing we take a lot of pride in is Shepherd doesn't get embarrassed on the national stage. We do see the blow outs that others have incurred, but it hasn't happened to Shepherd yet. Of course, if you want to call the 34-7 loss against NWMS in the NC the beat down ok I'll give you that. I at least can rationalize that one as NWMS having an all time dynastic team that was doing that to virtually everyone for nearly 3 years, and we were not healthy in any respect at the QB position in that game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X