Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I hate suggesting this because it sounds insulting to the individual players, but has IUP's offensive line been overrated? They've had some great backs in these years and nearly each starting OL make All-PSAC.

Comment

• Winning the PSAC or region seems to come down to getting lucky on a couple of players that have great seasons- Bagent this year, Rivers last year, Redfield in 2017, and getting these guys that work out is a gamble

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Winning the PSAC or region seems to come down to getting lucky on a couple of players that have great seasons- Bagent this year, Rivers last year, Redfield in 2017, and getting these guys that work out is a gamble

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I see they are playing at West Chester on Dec 4. I will be there!

Comment

• I can't say this year's team is overrated -- yet -- simply because we still haven't see it yet.

They had serious dudes out last week. Serious dudes out versus Kutztown.

Harry Football has only been Harry No Show.

We may never get to see this team full force. I hope we do.

But, I will say, ... been saying for years on here both basketball programs have blown past the football program. Not many wanted to hear that but it has happened.

Losing all these big games is taking a toll on IUP fans, too. Need proof? See how many IUP fans picked Shepherd to win last week. When your own fans are picking you to lose at home ... something is off.

Comment

• Well said, when it comes too division 2 football. If the school is fully backing the program they can only do so much, from what I seen online iup has made major updates to athletic facilities, hopefully that is something they continue to do, which will help in recruiting and help the current players stay healthy and have a quality place to train in the off season, also they recently became A Nike school which should also help pull in recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

Well said, when it comes too division 2 football. If the school is fully backing the program they can only do so much, from what I seen online iup has made major updates to athletic facilities, hopefully that is something they continue to do, which will help in recruiting and help the current players stay healthy and have a quality place to train in the off season, also they recently became A Nike school which should also help pull in recruits.
                I think they recruit just fine in football. They have talent all over the field this year. It just hasn't all been available. That's another problem.

I think at its core we are far too conservative in big games and our first half offense is so predictable that everybody in the stadium can call out the play before it happens.

I also think we lack early intensity in big games. Every team we play gets extra amped to play IUP. This is the arrogant, hated program. I don't think this recent group of IUP teams match that first half intensity, which also contributes to these slow starts in big games.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We never got to learn about the game inside the game.
                  LOL!!!

Comment

Let's hope they aren't.

Comment

• Basketball.

Comment

• OK. Got ya.

IUP Football will play the Walk-Ons, too, there on Nov. 13 if they don't make the state game.

Comment

OK. Got ya.

IUP Football will play the Walk-Ons, too, there on Nov. 13 if they don't make the state game.

Comment

• I think that's very fair. I spent two years watching MAC football and feel the PSAC has so many similarities. Mostly regional state schools, relatively underfunded, passive fan bases, etc. but the biggest similarity is the grind of the conference schedule. The teams are so similarly resourced and matched that its possible for any team to win on any Saturday. We have some perennial bottom feeders while the MAC doesn't, but its hard to come out unscathed and being great one year doesn't guarantee much the following season. I think as much as we want to believe it isn't so, the PSAC is similarly evenly matched. We have tiers within each conference division but in reality those tiers are fluid. Cal was once a bottom feeder while Clarion and Edinboro were once top tier. Slippery Rock has had bouts of mediocrity.

IUP does have a resource advantage but its not a large gap and I'd argue that teams like Cal or Slip can sell some things that make up for a lesser scholarship offer than IUP's offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think that's very fair. I spent two years watching MAC football and feel the PSAC has so many similarities. Mostly regional state schools, relatively underfunded, passive fan bases, etc. but the biggest similarity is the grind of the conference schedule. The teams are so similarly resourced and matched that its possible for any team to win on any Saturday. We have some perennial bottom feeders while the MAC doesn't, but its hard to come out unscathed and being great one year doesn't guarantee much the following season. I think as much as we want to believe it isn't so, the PSAC is similarly evenly matched. We have tiers within each conference division but in reality those tiers are fluid. Cal was once a bottom feeder while Clarion and Edinboro were once top tier. Slippery Rock has had bouts of mediocrity.

IUP does have a resource advantage but its not a large gap and I'd argue that teams like Cal or Slip can sell some things that make up for a lesser scholarship offer than IUP's offer.

Comment

• They'll sell guys playing pro ball. A Harlon Hill winner. Rock football has some sort of cult following.

Unfortunately, IUP has all those things but is quickly aging.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X