Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I also believe the secondary needs work. Even though they led in PSAC in INTs, IUP is giving up 327 yards per game, which is last in the PSAC, worst than Lock Haven.

Plus they are not getting to the QB, tied with Clarion for last in the PSAC with 4 measly sacks.

Defense certainly needs work.
    The game they got smoked they did have two of their best defenders in street clothes (Wallace and Kelly).

The drop behind Kelly at LB is pretty substantial. Wallace is a beast pass rusher.

But, no doubt, that secondary has some issues. It has two more weeks to get caught up. Call me skeptical. Don't think SRU isn't licking its chops watching film. They better get real disruptive up front for that affair.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The game they got smoked they did have two of their best defenders in street clothes (Wallace and Kelly).

The drop behind Kelly at LB is pretty substantial. Wallace is a beast pass rusher.

But, no doubt, that secondary has some issues. It has two more weeks to get caught up. Call me skeptical. Don't think SRU isn't licking its chops watching film. They better get real disruptive up front for that affair.

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The one good team the played thry got stomped but they still put up points. IUP will need to get up early.
            It looks as if they can put up points, but they gave up 31 points to a Bloomsburg team that has scored 13, 7, and 7 in its other three outings.

Comment

• Comment

• There is nothing more maddening under the Tort regime than these stupid personal foul calls. There's a difference between aggressive and stupid. You will never, ever, ever accomplish anything by pushing somebody after the whistle. Ever. Even when you get pushed first, it's almost always the second guy who gets caught.

I've learned to live with one a game from the special teams. I get those guys tend to be the nutty guys on the team. I bet in 2018 they led the country in special teams personal fouls.

It's even worse now with all the new taunting calls.

It has to drive Tort insane.

Comment

There is nothing more maddening under the Tort regime than these stupid personal foul calls. There's a difference between aggressive and stupid. You will never, ever, ever accomplish anything by pushing somebody after the whistle. Ever. Even when you get pushed first, it's almost always the second guy who gets caught.

I've learned to live with one a game from the special teams. I get those guys tend to be the nutty guys on the team. I bet in 2018 they led the country in special teams personal fouls.

Personal fouls are a memorable part of the last several years of Frank Sr. At least from my memory. IUP seemed out of control cocky at times and would get flagged for it.

I imagine Matt can find the stats to dispute this but I recall a lot of personal fouls in the 90s and early 2000s.

As a team, it gets you nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Personal fouls are a memorable part of the last several years of Frank Sr. At least from my memory. IUP seemed out of control cocky at times and would get flagged for it.

I imagine Matt can find the stats to dispute this but I recall a lot of personal fouls in the 90s and early 2000s.

As a team, it gets you nowhere.

Frank's big teams were like the 80s' Miami Hurricanes -- D2 version. He probably just lived with it as they were usually crushing everybody. Different era, too. These officials are so trigger happy today you just can't do that stuff. As you said, it gets you nowhere. Well, backward.

Comment

Frank's big teams were like the 80s' Miami Hurricanes -- D2 version. He probably just lived with it as they were usually crushing everybody. Different era, too. These officials are so trigger happy today you just can't do that stuff. As you said, it gets you nowhere. Well, backward.

Comment

• A huge problem in our league is these officials think people are there to see them. I've been to a couple football games in the past few years where they just kill the game. Flag after flag after flag. It just kills the flow of the game.

It's really bad in basketball. We have a couple refs who think they are the dang show.

I fully get it's an awful job. Basketball is even worse because there's no buffer zone between the field and the crowd.

Comment

• Anybody notice who Texas A&M-Commerce plays this week? Fort Lauderdale.

Comment

A huge problem in our league is these officials think people are there to see them. I've been to a couple football games in the past few years where they just kill the game. Flag after flag after flag. It just kills the flow of the game.

It's really bad in basketball. We have a couple refs who think they are the dang show.

I fully get it's an awful job. Basketball is even worse because there's no buffer zone between the field and the crowd.
                            Last edited by Big Hawk15; 09-28-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Anybody notice who Texas A&M-Commerce plays this week? Fort Lauderdale.
                              Their football program just started this year, they where supposed to play west fla but got cancled, there 0-2 very tough schedule for a first year program, btw there HC Chris Chambers played in the NFL for 14 years... in there first 2 games they have gave up 63 points and 68... Commerce might hang a 90 spot on them lol.
                              Last edited by Big Hawk15; 09-28-2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

There is nothing more maddening under the Tort regime than these stupid personal foul calls. There's a difference between aggressive and stupid. You will never, ever, ever accomplish anything by pushing somebody after the whistle. Ever. Even when you get pushed first, it's almost always the second guy who gets caught.

Valid statement, People need to do their job and move on to the next play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X