Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Regardless, I imagine he'll be asked to resign. I'd be shocked if Tort comes to his defense.
    Maybe. Or, maybe he's not guilty.

I ain't no legal expert but my guess is he would be suspended while it's pending, and they would move somebody else into his role for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Maybe. Or, maybe he's not guilty.

I ain't no legal expert but my guess is he would be suspended while it's pending, and they would move somebody else into his role for the time being.
      That's certainly possible. I haven't read the coaches contract lately to know for sure how it plays out. If this were a drunken fight at the bar, maybe. But this involves a domestic partner.

Like I said, in PA a victim can refuse to testify and suddenly there's no way to prove the police assertion that the injuries were caused by the person charged. The misdemeanor harassment charge is interesting, though. This charge requires documented evidence that the accused person persisted after being told to stop, like relentless following, texting, phone calls or pounding on the door.

Regardless of the outcome, there are kids involved and that sucks more than all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's certainly possible. I haven't read the coaches contract lately to know for sure how it plays out. If this were a drunken fight at the bar, maybe. But this involves a domestic partner.

Like I said, in PA a victim can refuse to testify and suddenly there's no way to prove the police assertion that the injuries were caused by the person charged. The misdemeanor harassment charge is interesting, though. This charge requires documented evidence that the accused person persisted after being told to stop, like relentless following, texting, phone calls or pounding on the door.

Regardless of the outcome, there are kids involved and that sucks more than all of this.
        It looks like it's going to take a little time due to the union situation, let alone other elements of the matter. Something happened that required the victim to end up at the hospital, and something happened to result in the misdemeanor harassment charge. Those two somethings led to the police arresting Tate Gregory. Ugly, ugly, ugly situation. Stay tuned.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It looks like it's going to take a little time due to the union situation, let alone other elements of the matter. Something happened that required the victim to end up at the hospital, and something happened to result in the misdemeanor harassment charge. Those two somethings led to the police arresting Tate Gregory. Ugly, ugly, ugly situation. Stay tuned.
          I don't know, but I wonder if the open ended coaching position was opened up because of his domestic problems, these things don't usually happen all at once. Positions are very difficult to get at IUP these days, and it was surprising to see the generic football coach position posted. I hope he sorts out his problems, because like others have said, these things are ugly, especially if there are kids involved.

Comment

• Football 1/26/2022 12:21:00 PM Ryan Rebholz, Director of Strategic Communications and Ideation
            Tortorella adds Zack Johnson as co-defensive coordinator

Story Links

INDIANA, Pa. - IUP head football coach Paul Tortorella officially announced Zack Johnson as the Crimson Hawks' new co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.

"Zack Johnson is an up-and-coming defensive coach who has had a lot of success as a coordinator," said Tortorella. "He is an outstanding person who understands the history and tradition of the IUP football program as his father was on staff here with me in 1995 and 1996. We are excited for Zack and his family to be part of the IUP football staff."

Johnson comes to Indiana from the University of Charleston (W.Va.), where he spent the last five seasons, including two as the defensive coordinator. Prior to Charleston, Johnson spent the 2016 season at Ohio University where he was the defensive graduate assistant.

Johnson directed one of the top defenses in Division II, as the Golden Eagles ranked seventh in the nation in points allowed (14.3) and 12th in total defense (260.4). The Charleston defense was stingy with the pass, leading the nation with an 87.9 efficiency defense and ranking 13th with just 153.0 yards allowed through the air. The Golden Eagles were also sixth in the nation with a 26.6 defensive third down conversion rate and ninth with 3.5 sacks per game.

Six Golden Eagles defenders earned All-Mountain East Conference (MEC) in 2021, including lineman Eliah Goodman, linebacker Keon Freeman and defensive back Kei Beckham.

At Ohio, Johnson helped the Bobcats rank as the No. 1 defensive unit in the Mid-American Conference and the top-5 rushing defensive in Division I. He helped the development of NFL Draft picks Quinten Poling and Blair Brown. Johnson helped coach the Bobcats to an 8-6 record and a trip to the 2016 Dollar General Bowl.

The Morgantown, West Virginia native graduated from West Virginia University in 2015 with a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education/Health Education and minors in Special Education and History. While at WVU he served as a student assistant on defense with the linebackers from 2012-2015. He helped with the development of NFL Draft pick Nick Kwiatkowski.

Comment

• Question...should we retire this thread since it's for 2021 and it was started by a Walk On fan in a weak attempt to troll us?

I can start a IUP Foosball Thread that would be for every year going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                Question...should we retire this thread since it's for 2021 and it was started by a Walk On fan in a weak attempt to troll us?

I can start a IUP Foosball Thread that would be for every year going forward.
                I think you should do the honors. Adios, 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think you should do the honors. Adios, 2021.
                  I second that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X