Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    So, basically the Bloomsburg, Lock Haven and Mansfield brandings are nothing more than an "d/b/a" (doing business as) "Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania" ... PASSHE might as well separate the Commie U and Penn West U triads from the rest of the PASSHE system if these new names are nothing more than subsidiaries of PASSHE.
    Makes one wonder why have another umbrella name, when they already have PASSHE to cover it. So now we are called Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.in Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania inside Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education At least prospective students know this secret society is in Pennsylvania.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Makes one wonder why have another umbrella name, when they already have PASSHE to cover it. So now we are called Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.in Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania inside Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education At least prospective students know this secret society is in Pennsylvania.
      Because in the background there is really only one administration, council of trustees, accreditation, etc. We'll stop seeing Bloomsburg et al in the national rankings instead now Commonwealth University and Pennsylvania Western.

Comment

Yes, because you've retained your individual identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Because in the background there is really only one administration, council of trustees, accreditation, etc. We'll stop seeing Bloomsburg et al in the national rankings instead now Commonwealth University and Pennsylvania Western.
          That's significant. So much for individual identity.

Comment

And that would be despite the claim that Commonwealth University is not the public face? Sounds like some have been duped into believing the press release. They best keep Pennsylvania in that name for the national rankings, otherwise students could end up in Kentucky,Massachusetts , or Virginia.

I guess that means Bloom's ranking goes down quite a bit with the additions on their back.
            Last edited by Bart; 03-05-2022, 09:09 AM.

Comment

And that would be despite the claim that Commonwealth University is not the public face? Sounds like some have been duped into believing the press release. They best keep Pennsylvania in that name for the national rankings, otherwise students could end up in Kentucky,Massachusetts , or Virginia.

I guess that means Bloom's ranking goes down quite a bit with the additions on their back.
              It's going to be a powerhouse, Bart. Greenstein said so.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I guess I could switch allegiances to IUP. I must be losing my mind. Let me get this straight, if you search the internet, you look up the individual school, which would have no ranking. If you want to see anything about Commonwealth University, it doesn't exist, except in the rankings.

Comment

Sounds like a retirement complex. Like Del Boca Vista.
                  Yep. My parents lived in a condo complex in Boca Raton that is called Tierra Del Sol.

Comment

I guess I could switch allegiances to IUP. I must be losing my mind. Let me get this straight, if you search the internet, you look up the individual school, which would have no ranking. If you want to see anything about Commonwealth University, it doesn't exist, except in the rankings.
                    You should switch your allegiance to IUP.

:-)

Comment

• Since 4 of the 6 triad members participated in the MAC Wrestling Championships this weekend, I will put this here rather than start a OT thread.

Lock Haven won the MAC Wrestling Championships held Friday and Saturday. Congratulation to LHU. Clarion finished 5th, Bloomsburg 12th, and Edinboro 13th. There were 13 schools competing. The results give a clear idea of where the 4 respective programs stand at this point. Story below.

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2022...mac-title.aspx

Comment

• Merger gets OK from Middle States Commission on Higher Ed. https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsy...-20220315.html

Comment

Since 4 of the 6 triad members participated in the MAC Wrestling Championships this weekend, I will put this here rather than start a OT thread.

Lock Haven won the MAC Wrestling Championships held Friday and Saturday. Congratulation to LHU. Clarion finished 5th, Bloomsburg 12th, and Edinboro 13th. There were 13 schools competing. The results give a clear idea of where the 4 respective programs stand at this point. Story below.

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2022...mac-title.aspx
                          Just to tag along. NCAA wrestling Championship team scores ranked as of today and no likely to change much.

46 Bloomsburg 3.0
                          46 Clarion 3.0

54Lock Haven1.5

61Edinboro 0

Comment

Just to tag along. NCAA wrestling Championship team scores ranked as of today and no likely to change much.

46 Bloomsburg 3.0
                            46 Clarion 3.0

54Lock Haven1.5

61Edinboro 0
                            Thanks. I was waiting on this post.

(As you know, team scores of 1.5 and 3.0 are irrelevant at nationals.)

Comment

The power of three

Comment

• The NCAA body that reviews & approves the PASSHE mergers will meet April 18-19.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X