X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The current generation is younger than my grandchildren. Older boomers did not raise them. If we're the problem, consider we were raised the "Greatest Generation." Every generation has its heroes and bums. After playing a huge part in winning World War II, the Greatest Generation was in charge when we lost much of our industrial capacity to foreign competitors. Generalizing about any generation is stupid, and I don't engage in it.
    The Greatest Generation let the cities fall into ruins because they thought suburbia was the end all.

I do concur every generation has its issues but Gen X is still the best. We put up with everyone schitt and we get totally ignored but we are keeping everything from falling apart.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

If we've learned nothing, it's that you can "self identify" as whatever you want and then demand that everyone treat you as that! I self identify as a 25 year old woman with three children born out of wedlock who just lost her job...I plan on applying for AFDC, WIC and subsidized housing today and I'm enrolling in college and demanding a scollarship on the womans Lacrosse team.
    Or you can identify as Orange, instigate an insurrection, spread false narratives and never face a day in jail and still try to get the job back that you stole in 2016 with Russian help

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Correct. Xennial to some. I identify Gen X regardless of my year of birth.
    I’m early X. It hadn’t processed in my mind that I was in first grade 51 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Take a deep breath sir! As much as you are tired of hearing about the complaints of the 18-40 demographic now a days, I can assure you the feelings are mutual the other way around. We could go on and on about this topic, but I will agree with you on the bold above and just leave it there.
    I am happy to hear that you don't want to discuss it anymore. Whatever IT is.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That's a ridiculous point of view. First of all, it IS NOT the boomer generation going off on any generation, IT IS YOU and your generation (see current conversation for proof of that). Not to mention, the hyperbole you are spewing is discrimination. Ageism is rampant in American society and that is manifest in your "worldview."

Second, your generation is a relative thing. As a boomer, I was your age one time and I saw the world through the eyes of someone your age. Conversely, you will be my age someday (hopefully). It makes it difficult when you make aspersions about different age groups (or generations) because each of us is all age groups. We experience being each age group in our lifetimes.

However, let's revisit who the boomers were. First, let me say that what you say about "boomers" is scapegoating about rotten things that your generation is facing. This has more to do with a changing world than any generation. What you don't understand is that the "boomer" generation, given their unique place in history as the largest American generation, impacted your world in so many ways that are positive and now taken for granted. The boomers grew up in the post-World War II America, characterized by new freedoms and new self-awareness, and also characterized by an older generation shipping our kids off to die in Vietnam. And for what? The boomer generation, partly based on all of these conditions, and their generational size, exerted itself to change the world in a way that seems to have been lost by subsequent generations, including "older millennials" or what ever ridiculous term you use to describe itself. Now, you just complain about the world that previous generations have left for you.
    Take a deep breath sir! As much as you are tired of hearing about the complaints of the 18-40 demographic now a days, I can assure you the feelings are mutual the other way around. We could go on and on about this topic, but I will agree with you on the bold above and just leave it there.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

LOL touche. My point is that I grew up with older friends & siblings who were Gen X so most of my attitudes and experiences are more similar to Gen X than someone born 5 years after me.
    Yea...I'm actually a Boomer but so close to the "line" that most of my friends are Gen X. We kid each other all the time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Was Creed the Scranton Strangler?

One of the great mysteries of Hollywood lore.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I'm an older millennial. I just can't stand when the boomer generation starts going off on the current generation that they raised. They created the problem, whether they want to believe or not.
    That's a ridiculous point of view. First of all, it IS NOT the boomer generation going off on any generation, IT IS YOU and your generation (see current conversation for proof of that). Not to mention, the hyperbole you are spewing is discrimination. Ageism is rampant in American society and that is manifest in your "worldview."

Second, your generation is a relative thing. As a boomer, I was your age one time and I saw the world through the eyes of someone your age. Conversely, you will be my age someday (hopefully). It makes it difficult when you make aspersions about different age groups (or generations) because each of us is all age groups. We experience being each age group in our lifetimes.

However, let's revisit who the boomers were. First, let me say that what you say about "boomers" is scapegoating about rotten things that your generation is facing. This has more to do with a changing world than any generation. What you don't understand is that the "boomer" generation, given their unique place in history as the largest American generation, impacted your world in so many ways that are positive and now taken for granted. The boomers grew up in the post-World War II America, characterized by new freedoms and new self-awareness, and also characterized by an older generation shipping our kids off to die in Vietnam. And for what? The boomer generation, partly based on all of these conditions, and their generational size, exerted itself to change the world in a way that seems to have been lost by subsequent generations, including "older millennials" or what ever ridiculous term you use to describe itself. Now, you just complain about the world that previous generations have left for you.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The current generation is younger than my grandchildren. Older boomers did not raise them. If we're the problem, consider we were raised the "Greatest Generation." Every generation has its heroes and bums. After playing a huge part in winning World War II, the Greatest Generation was in charge when we lost much of our industrial capacity to foreign competitors. Generalizing about any generation is stupid, and I don't engage in it.
    Clearly to us, after having lived and observed and experienced for more than 2 times the existence of these young folks have, that is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

I'm an older millennial. I just can't stand when the boomer generation starts going off on the current generation that they raised. They created the problem, whether they want to believe or not.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

If we've learned nothing, it's that you can "self identify" as whatever you want and then demand that everyone treat you as that! I self identify as a 25 year old woman with three children born out of wedlock who just lost her job...I plan on applying for AFDC, WIC and subsidized housing today and I'm enrolling in college and demanding a scollarship on the womans Lacrosse team.
    LOL touche. My point is that I grew up with older friends & siblings who were Gen X so most of my attitudes and experiences are more similar to Gen X than someone born 5 years after me.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

If you were born in 1982...it makes you a Millennial Elder.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Oh I'm familiar as a Gen Xer.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Oh I'm familiar as a Gen Xer.
    If you were born in 1982...it makes you a Millennial Elder.

:-)

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X