Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Also, the results of the student survey won't be released until after the final vote. That's a big WTF too.
    Essentially saying they don't really give a F about the results of the student survey ...

Comment

• I feel like resistance is futile at this point. That's what I got from todays call.

Now, can the Faculty Union sue if the CBA is violated? I don't know.

And if I were leading the resistance, I'd probably shift to voicing my concerns to the Legislature. I don't know if this will work.

It's pretty clear that the BOG are enamored with Greenstein and this plan. And he is a smart guy. I just don't think he has visibility towards every level of these orgs and I don't know that the consultants do either.

Comment

• Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post
        I feel like resistance is futile at this point. That's what I got from todays call.

Now, can the Faculty Union sue if the CBA is violated? I don't know.

And if I were leading the resistance, I'd probably shift to voicing my concerns to the Legislature. I don't know if this will work.

It's pretty clear that the BOG are enamored with Greenstein and this plan. And he is a smart guy. I just don't think he has visibility towards every level of these orgs and I don't know that the consultants do either.
        The BOG is a vanity troupe. Of the 20 members:
        - 11 appointed by the governor
        - 3 are current Student Government presidents
        - 4 are legislators, 2 each from the house majority and minority leaders
        - the Governor
        - the Secretary of Education (appointed by the governor)

There's very little critical thinking going on in here. Folks probably don't veer far from the mindset they first bring: everything PASSHE does is rainbows or they've gotta rein in these spend-happy liberals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The BOG is a vanity troupe. Of the 20 members:
          - 11 appointed by the governor
          - 3 are current Student Government presidents
          - 4 are legislators, 2 each from the house majority and minority leaders
          - the Governor
          - the Secretary of Education (appointed by the governor)

There's very little critical thinking going on in here. Folks probably don't veer far from the mindset they first bring: everything PASSHE does is rainbows or they've gotta rein in these spend-happy liberals.
          Yeah...I think the thing today kind of broke any hope I had that this would be looked at critically and delayed. We're heading for an iceburg.

The people that approve this will take credit for it...until the iceburg appears. Then, they'll look for people to blame.

Comment

• Robert Morris killed their hockey programs.

Comment

• Comment

• Work order request system.

Comment

• There are several parts of the implementation that have already began before formal approval.

Isn't it weird that they're paying consultants good money to come up with names prior to approval?

Comment

• PASSHE annual debt payments per school.

Last edited by Fightingscot82; 05-27-2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like the reverse of Field of Dreams.

If you build it, they won't come.

Comment

• Pennsylvania and its state-owned universities ponder debt relief as controversial merger vote nears

Pennsylvania and its state-owned universities ponder debt relief as controversial merger vote nears | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Comment

• https://dailyyonder.com/commentary-p...es/2021/05/27/

Comment

• Saw this in the IG. I think the ongoing references to the triads as "powerhouse institutions" lack credibility. In fact, it's ridiculous.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...9f8d72627.html

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              Saw this in the IG. I think the ongoing references to the triads as "powerhouse institutions" lack credibility. In fact, it's ridiculous.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...9f8d72627.html
                              You beat me to it.

Comment

• That's the PASSHE PR machine. They say that quite frequently in their calls. That they're not just going to survive, but thrive.

Frankly, I think a reason they say it is because they have to grow for atleast 1 of the Triads to survive. Even with the cost savings projections and enrollment growth that I'd say is optimistic at best in these plans...the West takes a long time to come out of the hole it's in. IF for some reason, their enrollment dips below projections...there might be big trouble.

Now, how 3 schools that have been losing enrollment year over year for almost a decade merge and become a powerhouse under a new name...I don't know. Seems far-fetched to me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X