Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NCAA will want to know how they're going to keep fundraising separate. Students won't be able to just affiliate with another campus easily. ie Play football for 2 years on Campus A and then transfer to Campus B. They'll want the Financial Aid separate. Stuff like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post
      The NCAA will want to know how they're going to keep fundraising separate. Students won't be able to just affiliate with another campus easily. ie Play football for 2 years on Campus A and then transfer to Campus B. They'll want the Financial Aid separate. Stuff like that.
      And that all falls in line with each campus having its own legally-separate foundation. It might just change where some money is deposited on the local level - in a university account or sent to the foundation.

Comment

• I want to be optimistic, as well. There just isn't any reassuring info available right now. There certainly isn't reassuring info in the article below.. Happy talk, but nothing concrete.

From the Pennsylvania Capital-Star July 20, 2021

But with no final decision from the National Collegiate Athletic Associationstatementtold the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the NCAA discussed the request during a panel at a two-day meeting. However, no formal action has been taken on the proposal.

The NCAA Division II membership committee will meet in September, according to a meeting notice.

Comment

• He says "I am hopeful" and "I am optimistic" but there is nothing concrete in that statement.

Comment

• The PSAC could have 1 athletic program for all 90,000 students and join the BIG 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
              The PSAC could have 1 athletic program for all 90,000 students and join the BIG 10.
              Penn State in '28 bumper stickers all over the commonwealth

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Penn State in '28 bumper stickers all over the commonwealth
                I was thinking in the year 2525, if the PSAC is still alive.

Comment

He says "I am hopeful" and "I am optimistic" but there is nothing concrete in that statement.
                  I'll say this: I'm way more concerned about how other aspects of these mergers will work more than I am athletics. I think the athletics stuff will work out fairly easily compared to other aspects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

I was thinking in the year 2525, if the PSAC is still alive.
                    good one ...... if Bloomsburg can survive.

Comment

• https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...KYINDQGKH3LAY/

Comment

• Fixed your post for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Fixed your post for you.

Comment

Yes. I understand the current situation. I also believe that anything can be negotiated. I do not believe for a second that this could not have been presented to the NCAA stating that we need an answer based on what we have in order to move forward.

Of course, there are details to be worked out for consolidation. However, there is enough structure already in place for the NCAA to communicate yay or nay. I believe that. I believe Greenstein did not try hard enough. Or, that he knows the answer is going to derail his plans.
                            You really think the NCAA is that accommodating?! Believe what you want but I think your expectations are a tad unrealistic.

Comment

Ok, well a law has been put in place by the PA legislature enabling this process. The BOG has approved a plan that covered something like 450 pages. Tell me, do you think there is not enough info to get a ruling from the NCAA?
                              We don't know what the end result of this will really be. The NCAA doesn't give a hoot about the PA legislature. Speaking of which, the legislature is one of the major reasons this whole consolidation plan is necessary. If the legislature had properly funded PASSHE schools, the situation would not nearly be as bad as it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

We don't know what the end result of this will really be. The NCAA doesn't give a hoot about the PA legislature. Speaking of which, the legislature is one of the major reasons this whole consolidation plan is necessary. If the legislature had properly funded PASSHE schools, the situation would not nearly be as bad as it is...
                                You know who doesn't give a hoot? Dan Greenstein doesn't give a hoot about the athletics aspect of it. I don't think I'm being unrealistic. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm seeing things realistically.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X