Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You know who doesn't give a hoot? Dan Greenstein doesn't give a hoot about the athletics aspect of it. I don't think I'm being unrealistic. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm seeing things realistically.
    He cares primarily about the schools survival I'd say...and as long as athletics has a positive roi, he'll want them.

That said, I think there's an expectation that Greenstein is designing this all and the one that contacts the ncaa, etc. This is largely on the Triads themselves and the consultants hired.

Because of some of the horrible financial projections, passhe kind of panicked and moved this forward very quick. Like, these Triads shouldn't be going live this soon. This should have been a multi-year planning process and implementation imo.

The athletics and middlestates decisions are a ramification of that. I really don't think there is malicious intent. I think they're panicked as a bunch of schools have no reserves and are projected to lose millions over future years.

Now, the question I ask is - Between special funding for the integration and savings from the pension funding...could they have used that money differently and avoided this all?

Comment

• Comment

• They probably don't have money to do that...U of Scranton is a very successful private school.

Comment

• State schools pay a company to do most of their media buys. Private schools tend to do a much better job at identifying targets for ad buys.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

They probably don't have money to do that...U of Scranton is a very successful private school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              State schools pay a company to do most of their media buys. Private schools tend to do a much better job at identifying targets for ad buys.
              My suggestion is that they run ads for the system as a whole.

Comment

• Many other's including Wolfe who has been in office for the last seven years!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Many other's including Wolfe who has been in office for the last seven years!
                  No. That comment is a complete revision of history.

Comment

No. That comment is a complete revision of history.
                    Wolf hasn't been in office for 7 years??

Comment

Never mind, I'm trying not to disturb the no politics crowd.

Comment

Many other's including Wolfe who has been in office for the last seven years!

Comment

• A couple of years ago WCU had a sizable TV ad campaign in the Philadelphia market. Do they still do that?

Comment

Comment

A couple of years ago WCU had a sizable TV ad campaign in the Philadelphia market. Do they still do that?

Comment

• They have always had a parking problem. The on-street parking was policed by the borough police who wrote a lot of tickets there and it became a problem.

I always wanted to stop in Mabel's but never did.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X