Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tort is young enough he should be here another 10 years. He has to keep winning, obviously. His career record is strong (and if they could've punt protected he'd have two more wins).

The program currently has a good support structure, donor-wise (although it could be better).

The home side just keeps getting older by the year. Hopefully the next wave of supporters starts to emerge.

Comment

• Coordinator jobs or head coach? Tort makes about $138,500 with great benefits and unlimited time off. Plus I believe he's a yinzer so his family is here. I think it would take gonzo money to move him. The PSAC is a place to get comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Coordinator jobs or head coach? Tort makes about $138,500 with great benefits and unlimited time off. Plus I believe he's a yinzer so his family is here. I think it would take gonzo money to move him. The PSAC is a place to get comfortable.
        From the rumor that was going around it was 2 head coaching jobs. Very interesting for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

From the rumor that was going around it was 2 head coaching jobs. Very interesting for sure.
          Yes very. Lafayette was open. So was Delaware. Alot of Pioneer and low level jobs. Probably some truth in the rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if he was called and asked to apply or consider applying. A lot of the openings are state schools who can't make outright offers.

Comment

• Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 08-21-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Congrats on being able to retire early. It seems like we overlapped a few years on campus.

You are right about the kids being programmed to go to big schools. The University of Jawja just welcomed its biggest freshman class in its history. Winning a foosball title can do that.

Comment

• I work at universities but there's still a lot of elitism. I've met a lot of really unintelligent people who went to D1 and "name" schools. I've been complimented many times that I exceeded the expectation for a PASSHE alum.

Comment

I work at universities but there's still a lot of elitism. I've met a lot of really unintelligent people who went to D1 and "name" schools. I've been complimented many times that I exceeded the expectation for a PASSHE alum.
                  Locally, Duquesne people all think they are in the Ivy League. They are probably the worst of the local 'name' schools. Pitt people tend to think PASSHE schools are part of CCAC.

Comment

Locally, Duquesne people all think they are in the Ivy League. They are probably the worst of the local 'name' schools. Pitt people tend to think PASSHE schools are part of CCAC.
                    I agree. People who could never afford sending their kids to Our Lady of the Yinzer Neighborhood have their kids take out crazy debt and hold it up like little Braden is going to Notre Dame.

Comment

Comment

I work at universities but there's still a lot of elitism. I've met a lot of really unintelligent people who went to D1 and "name" schools. I've been complimented many times that I exceeded the expectation for a PASSHE alum.
                        I certainly knew a lot of people attending Penn State in the '60s who were no smarter than the average PASSHE student. My roommate at Ship went up to Penn State to take some summer courses and got better grades than he did at Ship.

Comment

• IUP is expected to around 8900 students. The freshman class is bigger than last years.

https://www.wccsradio.com/2022/08/21...-begin-at-iup/

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            IUP is expected to around 8900 students. The freshman class is bigger than last years.

https://www.wccsradio.com/2022/08/21...-begin-at-iup/
                            That's better than I had heard - rumor was 7,900 but I felt that was low.

Comment

• IUP made it on my favorite TV show today, This Week with George Stephanopoulos. Picture beside Bernie at 00:46 - 00:49.

Also, at 00:56 I think that is in front of Sutton Hall. Bunch of radicals there at IUP. College students protesting! Lock'em up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBF7BJqZSY0
                              Last edited by iupgroundhog; 08-28-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Surprisingly positive comments from students.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...st-university/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X