Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt

Could put fences around unused dorms and set-up minimum security prisons. Hire some locals as guards and give inmates day passes to attend courses on-campus. I'm sure the PA gov would pay 100% of the tuition. Seems like a win-win for the school and the local community!!
    About 10 miles south of Edinboro in Cambridge Springs was a private college called Alliance College. They were fairly niche - specialized in Polish heritage. They closed in the 80s and the state bought the property and turned it into a minimum security women's prison, SCI-Cambridge Springs.

1,000 inmates. 300 employees. $40,000 per inmate for MINIMUM SECURITY.

Edinboro when it was independent, 4,500 students. 500 employees. $16,000 per student.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt

Could put fences around unused dorms and set-up minimum security prisons. Hire some locals as guards and give inmates day passes to attend courses on-campus. I'm sure the PA gov would pay 100% of the tuition. Seems like a win-win for the school and the local community!!
      Cal's football program ran that model under Angelo. It worked for a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Cal's football program ran that model under Angelo. It worked for a bit.
        They even had the state employee provide them with legal representation!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS

You won't see IUP vs West Liberty on a football field any time soon.
          How about basketball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

How about basketball?
            Amazingly, it doesn't work out very often. Perhaps this year. It's been 7-8 years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS

You won't see IUP vs West Liberty on a football field any time soon.
              Would actually love to see you guys schedule them and kick their sorry asses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Would actually love to see you guys schedule them and kick their sorry asses.
                Have you every gone on Google Maps and look at street views of West Liberty, WV?

It makes Slimey Pebble look like a big city. Take that campus away and it's just a collection of hillbilly shacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Have you every gone on Google Maps and look at street views of West Liberty, WV?

It makes Slimey Pebble look like a big city. Take that campus away and it's just a collection of hillbilly shacks.
                  Actually, it's never been high on my list of places to Google map.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Actually, it's never been high on my list of places to Google map.
                    LOL!!

It would be like if IUP was in Penn Run, Heilwood or Brush Valley in Indiana County.

The only place to eat off campus in West Liberty looks to be a Dominos Pizza and I imagine 98% of their business are students.

I'd like to know what they tell or give to their basketball players to make them stay there. I can see why Boaty loved it there...it a Trumpanzee paradise.

Comment

LOL!!

It would be like if IUP was in Penn Run, Heilwood or Brush Valley in Indiana County.

The only place to eat off campus in West Liberty looks to be a Dominos Pizza and I imagine 98% of their business are students.

I'd like to know what they tell or give to their basketball players to make them stay there. I can see why Boaty loved it there...it a Trumpanzee paradise.
                      Granted, its been several years for me but I do recall one of those fancy Subway within a gas station places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Granted, its been several years for me but I do recall one of those fancy Subway within a gas station places.
                        There is a tavern in some shack on the main road.

How in the hell did that school host a basketball regional? Everybody had to have stayed in Wheeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah, but who can afford it?

Comment

There is a tavern in some shack on the main road.

How in the hell did that school host a basketball regional? Everybody had to have stayed in Wheeling.
                            I've been there. It's not going to be for everybody. But, if you're into that mountain-type atmosphere you'd probably love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I've been there. It's not going to be for everybody. But, if you're into that mountain-type atmosphere you'd probably love it.
                              I'm allergic to hillbillies.

Comment

• This is a fantastic plan: https://triblive.com/local/regional/...st-university/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X