Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I agree. I was thinking UPMC has the resources to help. Heck I’d love to see Penn Medicine be the partner.
    The IRMC relationship is what it's all about. Plus, it's right there. From what I've read they have a lot of innovative things going on there relative to "rural medicine." I read a IG article about a month ago that was about a psychiatry unit in collaboration with IUP with a focus on "rural medicine." I think this has potential. They are situated to do it. They could even get federal support if done in the right way.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The IRMC relationship is what it's all about. Plus, it's right there. From what I've read they have a lot of innovative things going on there relative to "rural medicine." I read a IG article about a month ago that was about a psychiatry unit in collaboration with IUP with a focus on "rural medicine." I think this has potential. They are situated to do it. They could even get federal support if done in the right way.
      As long as Harrisburg doesn’t let any of the other schools try to
      poach on this.

Comment

• IUP also cutting out of state tuition by 20%. Full-time tuition for an out of state student is almost half of in-state tuition at Penn State.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...ergrads-by-20/

Comment

• NCAA trouble at West Chester: https://www.inquirer.com/news/west-c...-20221209.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Bad Walk On’s!!

Comment

• I forget ... is this Year 1 or Year 2 of the triad athletic departments?

Curious to hear from those with any direct knowledge how that is playing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                I forget ... is this Year 1 or Year 2 of the triad athletic departments?

Curious to hear from those with any direct knowledge how that is playing out.
                Year 1. I honestly haven't heard anything related to administration/oversight. All three athletics websites still say XX University.

Comment

• Cost breakdown for each school (can someone imbed it in here? can't figure that out)

https://infogram.com/state-tuitions-1h984worxkxez6p

Comment

Cost breakdown for each school (can someone imbed it in here? can't figure that out)

A couple takeaways from this. It's good to see IUP coming down in line with the others. Also, the one outlier is WCU's housing and room and board cost. How do they do that?

Comment

A couple takeaways from this. It's good to see IUP coming down in line with the others. Also, the one outlier is WCU's housing and room and board cost. How do they do that?
                      Manipulation of numbers. WCU like many others has "university owned" housing and "affiliated housing" run by their foundation. Not one "affiliated" housing option fits within the numbers on this chart.

Comment

Manipulation of numbers. WCU like many others has "university owned" housing and "affiliated housing" run by their foundation. Not one "affiliated" housing option fits within the numbers on this chart.
                        Imagine that ... the walk-ons manipulating numbers. I seem to have heard that one before.

Comment

Cost breakdown for each school (can someone imbed it in here? can't figure that out)

Are they seriously charging that much for a Friggen dorm room?

Comment

Well they still have a lot of dumpy old dorms. Do they charge more for the new ones built?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Are they seriously charging that much for a Friggen dorm room?
                              This chart shows the cost of two semesters of dorm and standard meal plan.

Comment

Good news is the indication that entering first-year student numbers went up for the first time in many years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X