Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

This chart shows the cost of two semesters of dorm and standard meal plan.
    It still seems steep.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Well they still have a lot of dumpy old dorms. Do they charge more for the new ones built?
      Three: Tyson, Goshen and Schmidt. If WCU were to simply raze and rebuild a residence hall, it would displace ~1,000 students during the process for each one. This is a unique issue to WCU that no other PASSHE institution has.

And we all remember this - https://triblive.com/local/regional/...-universities/

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Three: Tyson, Goshen and Schmidt. If WCU were to simply raze and rebuild a residence hall, it would displace ~1,000 students during the process for each one. This is a unique issue to WCU that no other PASSHE institution has.

And we all remember this - https://triblive.com/local/regional/...-universities/
        You are missing few. What about Wayne and Killinger.

West Chester has 5 old dorms and 4 new very large new ones.

Comment

You are missing few. What about Wayne and Killinger.

West Chester has 5 old dorms and 4 new very large new ones.
          Wayne is not a residence hall. Killinger is only three stories. The borough's evolving building codes are also difficult.

But alas, WCU never boasted the largest residential revival of any college in the nation only to have occupancy decline to 68% within a few years.

Comment

• I think Wayne was formerly a residence hall and repurposed for offices? WCU also bought that older apartment building that was screwing students out of money. The state AG office got involved.

Comment

Bad Walk On’s!!
              Wow. Swimming? You don't often see that sport in NCAA violation articles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

But alas, WCU never boasted the largest residential revival of any college in the nation only to have occupancy decline to 68% within a few years.
                I was traveling over the holidays and made a stop in Indiana, PA. I haven't been on campus for a lot of years. Not sure how many years but, for example, I had never seen the KCAC in its finished state.

The IUP campus used to be beautiful. Not just the Oak Grove but the entire campus. Over the years, I've had many people, even people from Ivy League schools, comment to me about the beauty of the IUP campus. With all these new residence buildings (i.e. the Residential Revival), it just seems really cluttered. Like no planning went into it. The Oak Grove is still nice.

Comment

• Interesting sign of the times - was listening to the Pittsburgh NPR station and they ran an advertisement for the Shippensburg MBA program. There must be 15 MBA programs within an hour of Pittsburgh.

Comment

Interesting sign of the times - was listening to the Pittsburgh NPR station and they ran an advertisement for the Shippensburg MBA program. There must be 15 MBA programs within an hour of Pittsburgh.
                    I was in 30th Street Station in Philadelphia last week and it is plastered with WCU advertising. They have gotten a lot of mileage out of their advertising program, or so it seems. The Ship ad seems like a waste of $$, though.

Comment

• The incumbent PA Secretary of Education is a Shippensburg grad.

The incumbent director of administration for the governor's office is a Clarion grad and serves on the boards of PennWest and PASSHE.

Hopefully the system sees some advantage in these appointments.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I was traveling over the holidays and made a stop in Indiana, PA. I haven't been on campus for a lot of years. Not sure how many years but, for example, I had never seen the KCAC in its finished state.

The IUP campus used to be beautiful. Not just the Oak Grove but the entire campus. Over the years, I've had many people, even people from Ivy League schools, comment to me about the beauty of the IUP campus. With all these new residence buildings (i.e. the Residential Revival), it just seems really cluttered. Like no planning went into it. The Oak Grove is still nice.
                        The campus looks better now..less dumpy mid century State institutional buildings and more welcoming looking buildings. The only thing sad to see gone were the front steps of the old Leonard Hall.

The dorms torn down were bad buildings.Keith Hall was not worth keeping. The scrapyards are gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I was in 30th Street Station in Philadelphia last week and it is plastered with WCU advertising. They have gotten a lot of mileage out of their advertising program, or so it seems. The Ship ad seems like a waste of $$, though.
                          They have had them there in the past as well. Thry had local commercials but not recently.

West Chester will always have students as the Prince and Princesses of the Chester County Aristocracy **** up at whatever big out of state university thry originally went to and Karen and Kyle will make them transfer home and commute to WCU to get a degree.

Comment

• Perilous time to be a local in Lock Haven:

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202301200084

Comment

Perilous time to be a local in Lock Haven:

I didn’t think Pitt had a thing that far away from Yinzerburgh.

Penn Medicine is always my first choice….

Comment

Perilous time to be a local in Lock Haven:

Evidently they were only serving about 8 patients a day, and elective surgery 2 days a week. Now they have to travel to UPMC Williamsport or Muncy, Many of these small hospitals are closing after being taken over by UPMC, Geisinger, or. Lehigh Valley. Berwick closed, and a psych hospital in Wilkes Barre closed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X