X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I don't think the candidates will matter, if we have $6 gas in August, another rise in interest rates, more unfettered immigration, and a low stock market, they show up for the senate race. And if we have anything like the food shortages or rolling blackouts some people are predicting, they'll come out in droves to vote against democrats,even in the burbs. Of course if things stabilize, they won't - we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 05-20-2022, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think with the slate of Republican candidates you are going to see low turnout in the "T" among Republicans. Just a guess. Check back with me in 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    I heard Philadelphia and the suburbs had 10% turnout for this election.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

I think with the slate of Republican candidates you are going to see low turnout in the "T" among Republicans. Just a guess. Check back with me in 6 months.
    I don't think the candidates will matter, if we have $6 gas in August, another rise in interest rates, more unfettered immigration, and a low stock market, they show up for the senate race. And if we have anything like the food shortages or rolling blackouts some people are predicting, they'll come out in droves to vote against democrats,even in the burbs. Of course if things stabilize, they won't - we'll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Mastriano is killing it in rural PA. Suburban conservatives aren't fans. Shapiro is almost as liberal as Mastriano is conservative, but my God to get anything done in politics you have to work with the other side. I feel like we keep electing people whose attitude only exacerbates the gridlock.

Don't blame me, I'm registered independent.

Given his crazy Christian Nationalist messaging, I won't be surprised if some borderline anti-Semitic stuff comes from his team, probably something along the lines of Shapiro can't be for Christian values because he's not Christian.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Mastriano is killing it in rural PA. Suburban conservatives aren't fans. Shapiro is almost as liberal as Mastriano is conservative, but my God to get anything done in politics you have to work with the other side. I feel like we keep electing people whose attitude only exacerbates the gridlock.

Given his crazy Christian Nationalist messaging, I won't be surprised if some borderline anti-Semitic stuff comes from his team, probably something along the lines of Shapiro can't be for Christian values because he's not Christian.
    If you want PA to have some semblance of sanity (it's teetering on the edge of crazy right now), as long as the legislature is Republican-dominated, gridlock is a good thing. The state senate has been in R's hands for 30 years straight. In the last 30 years, the Assembly has been Republican for all but 3 sessions. That dominance is probably not going to change in '22.

When Tom Cornett was Governor there was no gridlock because all 3 (Governor, Senate, Assembly) were Republican. Under that scenario, everybody knows what happened to the PASSHE, education in general, and the fiscal picture of PA. PA cannot elect a right-wing lunatic as Governor or things will get very bad. That's an understatement.

What freaks me out about this election is the movement on both sides toward the extremes. For the record, I am not in PA so I don't see all these ads. I consider myself a radical centrist; however, I am a Democrat. I thought Conor Lamb was a budding superstar. Like a DemocraticTom Ridge. He lost by 33 points to Fetterman.

My take on this is that it's very hard for centrist ideas to make it through the media and the internet and still be appealing to people - to get people excited. This trend is going to go nationwide. I think it is not good.

Ok, to make this about football, what position did Fetterman play at Albright College?
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 05-20-2022, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

...and with Kenyatta campaigning on behalf of both of them things are lookin' up in PA.
    Until they start talking about Mumia Abu Jamal and Lia Thomas, RGGI and the horrendous PA response to Covid. And we'll see what's happening with the economy and Ukraine, Will the radical abortion restrictions, and the Jan 6th committee be enough ? especially in light of the Durham investigation conclusions on how the whole Russia thing was nonsense. TBH I'd rather have a moderate governor, Shapiro won't be moderate - And even if he wins, what will the state house look like ?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    ...and with Kenyatta campaigning on behalf of both of them things are lookin' up in PA.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Honestly, I told myself I could live with Corwin if he won. Then again the last time I told myself something similar we got Tom Corbett.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Honestly, I told myself I could live with Corman if he won. Then again the last time I told myself something similar we got Tom Corbett.
    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 05-20-2022, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I know, right? I feel like Mastriano / McCormick / McSwain are caricatures of what democrats think republicans are.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I know, right? I feel like Mastriano / McCormick / McSwain are caricatures of what democrats think republicans are.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    parties keep nominating/electing candidates who are more against the opposition than they are for any one thing.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X