Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Maybe he could wrestle at Lock Haven and play football for Bloom.
    And run track at Mansfield. And get a degree from the Bloomsburg Group.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

And run track at Mansfield. And get a degree from the Bloomsburg Group.
      All the while picking up some stackable credits.

Seriously, though, it will be interesting to see where he goes. He was on a wrestling scholarship at Michigan.

Comment

All the while picking up some stackable credits.

Seriously, though, it will be interesting to see where he goes. He was on a wrestling scholarship at Michigan.
        His dad wrestled at Bucknell. Bloom signed a son of one of the Bonomo twins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

His dad wrestled at Bucknell. Bloom signed a son of one of the Bonomo twins.
          Mike Garcia transferred to Lock Haven after NCAA recruiting violations were discovered relating to his recruitment. As a result of those violations, Bucknell Wrestling was placed on NCAA probation and long time coach Bob Ferraro resigned.

I have not seen a recruitment list for Bloom wrestling.

Comment

Mike Garcia transferred to Lock Haven after NCAA recruiting violations were discovered relating to his recruitment. As a result of those violations, Bucknell Wrestling was placed on NCAA probation and long time coach Bob Ferraro resigned.

I have not seen a recruitment list for Bloom wrestling.
            Edinboro just released theirs. TBH, its a bit disappointing considering who Flynn & company were able to recruit to Edinboro. I don't think they got a single state champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Edinboro just released theirs. TBH, its a bit disappointing considering who Flynn & company were able to recruit to Edinboro. I don't think they got a single state champion.
              I looked at it and a couple things really stand out. First, the class has 20 wrestlers. Normally, you want a class of about 10 that covers all weight classes. It raises the question. Did they lose a lot of wrestlers?

The guys who scored points in the NCAA tournament might all be gone. Not sure.

The second thing that is striking is that these recruits are from all over the country. Only a couple are from PA out of the 20. For PA teams, recruiting wrestlers out of New England, California, Arizona, and Missouri is always a roll of the dice.

Comment

I looked at it and a couple things really stand out. First, the class has 20 wrestlers. Normally, you want a class of about 10 that covers all weight classes. It raises the question. Did they lose a lot of wrestlers?

The second thing that is striking is that these recruits are from all over the country. Only a couple are from PA out of the 20. For PA teams, recruiting wrestlers out of New England, California, Arizona, and Missouri is always a roll of the dice.
                I think losing the Baumgartner & Flynn camps has really hurt Edinboro's standing in the state.

Comment

If any teams are looking for a QB one name to look out for from the D1 Portal would be Chris Fergueson he played 3 years at Maine, starting 2.5 seasons, got hurt his redshirt junior season got replaced by a red hot freshman and decided to use the grad transfer route and moved on to FBS Liberty where he served as Malik Willis backup and performed admirably in quite a few games with 1 start under his belt. Opted to enter the portal for his final year of eligibility and I forsee him probably coming down to this level. Not a dual threat so it'd have to be a pass first offense probably.

Comment

I know a hot tiddle-le twinker out of Po-dunk high in possum trot corners.
                    I mean Gimme a break this a football chat board.
                    I'm sure there is a Wrestling chat somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Edinboro wrestling chat > Gannon football chat

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

It was just a couple of comments. Did it cause harm to you in some way?

Relax. Why are you so uptight?

Comment

• Lighten up
                          I'm seriously still going through Chemo & Radiation.
                          My problem not yours. Blessings on y'all

Comment

• Pitt State 2019 top recruit & 3-Star Dylan White hit the Transfer Portal June 11th. Big loss heading into Wright's first "official" season as head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Don't forget D1 wrestling at Bloom. Bucknell or Lehigh could be an option.

You can read some of Garcia's prep highlights via MGoBlue.com below:
                              • Set the Pennsylvania state record for rushing touchdowns (138) and overall touchdowns (159) in a career
                              • Finished with 8,232 career rushing yards and 10,429 all-purpose yards
                              • Gained more than 1,900 yards rushing each of his four seasons and totaled more than 8,000 rushing yards and 100 touchdowns
                              • Rushed for 2,042 yards on 201 carries and scored 38 touchdowns as a junior; added 13 catches for 284 yards and eight scores while added two kickoff return TDs
                              • Also caught 63 passes for 1,027 yard and 17 touchdowns during his career
                              • Four-time first-team all-state selection and two-time MaxPreps All-American
                              • Super 16 Dream Team Offensive MVP, AP Class 2A All-State and PFN Class 2A All-State as a junior
                              • Semifinalist for Mr. Pennsylvania Football and The News-Item Player of Year junior year
                              Garcia transfers to Lehigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

*Robert Stack voice*

UPDATE: Edinboro signs NJ state champ Nick Lodato. He'll wrestle at either 197 or Heavy for Edinboro. Upside is that at 6-4 210 he's also an experienced defensive end.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X