• IUPNation
    replied
    https://6abc.com/5292500/?utm_campai...ource=facebook

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Re: PASSHE - our alma maters

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    We can talk about PSAC football all we want but the entire educational system (PASSHE) is in peril. Decades of Republican legislatures have essentially killed it.

According to the IG article linked below the current state appropriation is 27%, which is "about half of the national average." The article quotes this rep from York who tries to make the counterintuitive point that the cost of attending other (I presume to be private) colleges is actually cheaper than the PASSHE, meanwhile it's his legislative body that has made it that way. Make no mistake this R from York (Saylor) is part of the conservative movement in PA that wants to see public education completely de-funded. It's astounding that in PA people with this mentality can get elected to influential positions.

The new Chancellor puts forth the concept of supporting enrollment through adult training programs. I have gone further in the past on this board to suggest the PASSHE should literally be merged into the Dept. of Labor. Drastic changes are needed or it's going to die. Also as I predicted this new Chancellor who previously led the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the University fo California system will soon realize you can't work around these ultra-conservative Pennsylvanians and he'll move on. Maybe he looked at this job as a challenge but he'll soon find out it's a dead end.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...d423c5e8b.html
    One of that group - Brad Roae of Crawford County - was recently appointed to the PASSHE board.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    started a topic PASSHE - our alma maters

PASSHE - our alma maters

We can talk about PSAC football all we want but the entire educational system (PASSHE) is in peril. Decades of Republican legislatures have essentially killed it.

According to the IG article linked below the current state appropriation is 27%, which is "about half of the national average." The article quotes this rep from York who tries to make the counterintuitive point that the cost of attending other (I presume to be private) colleges is actually cheaper than the PASSHE, meanwhile it's his legislative body that has made it that way. Make no mistake this R from York (Saylor) is part of the conservative movement in PA that wants to see public education completely de-funded. It's astounding that in PA people with this mentality can get elected to influential positions.

The new Chancellor puts forth the concept of supporting enrollment through adult training programs. I have gone further in the past on this board to suggest the PASSHE should literally be merged into the Dept. of Labor. Drastic changes are needed or it's going to die. Also as I predicted this new Chancellor who previously led the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the University fo California system will soon realize you can't work around these ultra-conservative Pennsylvanians and he'll move on. Maybe he looked at this job as a challenge but he'll soon find out it's a dead end.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...d423c5e8b.html
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 02-13-2019, 11:01 AM.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X