Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC 5 Game Schedule?

Just heard that the PSAC plans to play a 5 game PSAC football schedule in March with a four team playoff to determine a conference champion. Schools can begin official "camp" on February 1.

I guess we'll wait for an official announcement or acknowledgement from the home office.

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Just heard that the PSAC plans to play a 5 game PSAC football schedule in March with a four team playoff to determine a conference champion. Schools can begin official "camp" on February 1.

I guess we'll wait for an official announcement or acknowledgement from the home office.
    That 'luck of the draw' schedule will mean everything.

Comment

I wonder if all the schools will actually try to play.

Comment

Would this be a 3-game pod schedule plus 2 playoff games, or are the 2 playoff games in addition to the 5?

Comment

Five games plus two postseason games.

The PSAC is so drastically uneven (rich teams and poor teams) ... that schedule will make or break you.

As league tradition goes, I'd certainly expect Clarion to get stuck with IUP, Cal and SRU ... probably all on the road, back-to-back-to-back. LOL.

I'd be surprised if everybody plays but it's a neat concept. I'm surprised they didn't go with six games (each get three home and three away). Of course, if there are no fans in the stands the venue doesn't really mean much.

Week 1 in 6" of snow would be entertaining.

Comment

If I'm a coach with playoff aspirations for 2021, this is kind of the worst case scenario. Playing seven games puts your seniors out of eligibility for the fall, while also putting star underclassmen at risk of being unable to return 3 months later due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
              If I'm a coach with playoff aspirations for 2021, this is kind of the worst case scenario. Playing seven games puts your seniors out of eligibility for the fall, while also putting star underclassmen at risk of being unable to return 3 months later due to injury.
              The rumor gaining a ton of traction is the NCAA isn't going to dock you eligibility for playing in an abbreviated season.

If that's true this would be almost like a glorified Spring Ball.

I certainly see your points ... especially for those with legit teams. No doubt some ACL's will get smoked, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Five games plus two postseason games.

The PSAC is so drastically uneven (rich teams and poor teams) ... that schedule will make or break you.

As league tradition goes, I'd certainly expect Clarion to get stuck with IUP, Cal and SRU ... probably all on the road, back-to-back-to-back. LOL.

I'd be surprised if everybody plays but it's a neat concept. I'm surprised they didn't go with six games (each get three home and three away). Of course, if there are no fans in the stands the venue doesn't really mean much.

Week 1 in 6" of snow would be entertaining.
                Even if no fans in the stands, not having to travel the day of the game will be huge. Actually, and I'm totally guessing, I bet that's how the schedule will be determined - 5 games that can be played without overnight travel.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The rumor gaining a ton of traction is the NCAA isn't going to dock you eligibility for playing in an abbreviated season.

If that's true this would be almost like a glorified Spring Ball.

I certainly see your points ... especially for those with legit teams. No doubt some ACL's will get smoked, etc.
                  Geez...I sure hope so. They're 2 or 3 weeks late with that call!

Comment

I'll just keep waiting for the official announcement that Edinboro is canceling all sports. It's coming...

Comment

Even if no fans in the stands, not having to travel the day of the game will be huge. Actually, and I'm totally guessing, I bet that's how the schedule will be determined - 5 games that can be played without overnight travel.
                      At least one instance where climate change works in our favor. March/April should feel pretty much like November/October at least in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'll just keep waiting for the official announcement that Edinboro is canceling all sports. It's coming...
                        Why bother responding?

Comment

Why bother responding?
                          I'm not joking around...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm not joking around...
                            Edinboro is fine.

Comment

Edinboro is fine.
                              Keep telling yourself that... they aren't as fine as you think they are.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X