Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'll just keep waiting for the official announcement that Edinboro is canceling all sports. It's coming...
    As in 2020-21 or taking a dirt nap?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As in 2020-21 or taking a dirt nap?
      Dirt nap after 20-21...

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Just heard that the PSAC plans to play a 5 game PSAC football schedule in March with a four team playoff to determine a conference champion. Schools can begin official "camp" on February 1.

I guess we'll wait for an official announcement or acknowledgement from the home office.
        What happened to the In Conference schedule of 7 games? They don't need a 4 team tournament. It sounds like PSAC basketball. Play the 7 with a championship game. Just like they do with the last week of the current operation. So, two teams play 8. In the East, want to see the progress of Bloom, LHU, and Ville. In the West, Gannon, Clarion, Edinboro, and Seton Hill. Ville will likely play 16 games now in 9 months and will determine if it will get done. Clarion HC got the alumni break after 5 and gets an automatic 3 to see whether the ghost of Malen Luke will be gone. Big challenge for Seton Hill. Gannon, Edinboro, and LHU will have the Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes early to determine if they can get a triple crown.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that... they aren't as fine as you think they are.
          What's your evidence? Every budget sheet, every email, every meeting is subject to open records request. No secrets.

Edinboro is fine. Third straight year of the lowest acceptance rate in Erie County and third straight year of the freshman class high school GPA being highest in PASSHE. Retention up, enrollment steady. Trimming high cost properties like the dome and the Millcreek center. Right sizing staff and faculty to current enrollment levels.

You do know that IUP is laying off faculty, right? Only West Chester is out of the woods right now.

Comment

I'm going to assume that they'll stick to East playing East, West playing West and keeping teams as close to home as possible. Ship has Shep, LHU and Ville as definite opponents after that I guess you could do Bloom & Kutztown.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
              I'm going to assume that they'll stick to East playing East, West playing West and keeping teams as close to home as possible. Ship has Shep, LHU and Ville as definite opponents after that I guess you could do Bloom & Kutztown.
              Assuming they all actually elect to play. I have my doubts.

Some of our schools will be ravaged by Covid and students will be online the rest of the academic year. Just a guess, of course.

Comment

What's your evidence? Every budget sheet, every email, every meeting is subject to open records request. No secrets.

Edinboro is fine. Third straight year of the lowest acceptance rate in Erie County and third straight year of the freshman class high school GPA being highest in PASSHE. Retention up, enrollment steady. Trimming high cost properties like the dome and the Millcreek center. Right sizing staff and faculty to current enrollment levels.

You do know that IUP is laying off faculty, right? Only West Chester is out of the woods right now.
                It's called actually talking to someone in the know. More budget cuts coming!!! Edinboro is dying even though you locals don't want to believe it!

Comment

It's called actually talking to someone in the know. More budget cuts coming!!! Edinboro is dying even though you locals don't want to believe it!
                  I think you're probably correct. Or, at least you're warm.

Comment

The same cuts they've had in the works for a long time, some mentioned in my last post. Taking down the dome (eventually replacing it with a fixed roof building like Gannon), selling the Porreco campus, consolidating buildings, outsourcing custodial services, and reducing programs along with faculty. That's not news.

There's a certain former local media personality pushing a rumor that they're cutting certain sports programs. If that's what you've heard, it's not true. I have it from the coaches, the AD, and senior leadership. I'm not a big deal but involved enough that when I hear something concerning I can get answers.

Comment

The same cuts they've had in the works for a long time, some mentioned in my last post. Taking down the dome (eventually replacing it with a fixed roof building like Gannon), selling the Porreco campus, consolidating buildings, outsourcing custodial services, and reducing programs along with faculty. That's not news.

There's a certain former local media personality pushing a rumor that they're cutting certain sports programs. If that's what you've heard, it's not true. I have it from the coaches, the AD, and senior leadership. I'm not a big deal but involved enough that when I hear something concerning I can get answers.
                      With Bruce now out of the picture, how much support is there for Wrestling?

Comment

Interesting, we'll see who is right when the time comes because my source is higher than any you have mentioned. Taking out the dome isn't a bell ringer to you???

Comment

Interesting, we'll see who is right when the time comes because my source is higher than any you have mentioned. Taking out the dome isn't a bell ringer to you???
                          The dome cost $400k to operate. It doesn't bring in enough to justify it.

Your source is wrong and unless his last name is Greenstein it's not higher than mine. Let's put it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

At least one instance where climate change works in our favor. March/April should feel pretty much like November/October at least in PA.
                            Think about it this way: The Summer of 2020 will likely be the coldest summer of the next hundred...

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                              I've driven I-80 in Clinton County in March.

I never again want to drive I-80 in Clinton County in March.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I've driven I-80 in Clinton County in March.

I never again want to drive I-80 in Clinton County in March.
                                That's where they have the whiteouts. The wind and snow start swirling around and you're in the middle of it, you can't see, and there's nothing you can do about it. 80 vehicle pile up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X