• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

KDKA and USA Today both ran with it.
    As I recall, that reporting was based off of a post put out by Pittsburgh Central Catholic HS.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The report on which I based the connection with C19 has been corrected. No COD has been indicated since.
    KDKA and USA Today both ran with it.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Latest reports indicates the COD was COVID 19 complications. Obviously not as a result of his role as a DL, but this virus doesn't need an easy way in. True sadness is that although he wasn't a top player he really enjoyed the game and was working as hard toward his degree as he did on the field. VULCANS FANS have now suffered through this twice in five years and it still is stunningly painful.
    The report on which I based the connection with C19 has been corrected. No COD has been indicated since.

Leave a comment:

• Clydes 'N Rams
    replied
    So sad. This damned virus is so relentless, if indeed that was the cause, but heartfelt prayers for all.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    My condolences to the family and friends of Jamain Stephens as well as the entire Cal U community.

It is very sad. Hopefully, Jamain's death can raise awareness among young people of the implications of COVID-19.

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied
    Very sad. Prayers for the family and school.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    Prayers and thoughts with this young man, his family, friends, teammates, coaches and loved ones. This puts the whole college football thing in perspective when you have people like myself who went to war with the local school district to let my kids play high school ball this fall but if one of of my players caught, spread the virus to others and we had a kid die from it I would feel like crap. It's bigger than sports right now especially at the levels where funding isn't there for sufficient testing/preventive measures.
    Latest reports indicates the COD was COVID 19 complications. Obviously not as a result of his role as a DL, but this virus doesn't need an easy way in. True sadness is that although he wasn't a top player he really enjoyed the game and was working as hard toward his degree as he did on the field. VULCANS FANS have now suffered through this twice in five years and it still is stunningly painful.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    Prayers and thoughts with this young man, his family, friends, teammates, coaches and loved ones. This puts the whole college football thing in perspective when you have people like myself who went to war with the local school district to let my kids play high school ball this fall but if one of of my players caught, spread the virus to others and we had a kid die from it I would feel like crap. It's bigger than sports right now especially at the levels where funding isn't there for sufficient testing/preventive measures.
    Condolences to friends and family...Some things are more important than sports...I'd say that living is one of them...Having read what you wrote, why would you put ANY kids at risk?

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    Really sad. Condolences to his family and those who knew and loved him.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Sincere condolences to his family and the entire Cal community.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LegalRam
    replied
    So sorry to hear about this loss.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    VERY sorry to read this....RIP Juice.....RIP....

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Devastating. Condolences to everyone who knew him.

https://calvulcans.com/news/2020/9/8...-stephens.aspx
    Come Dec 31 can we just erase 2020 from history. I keep thinking it can't get worse....then it does. RIP JUICE

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X