Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Prep used to play at Vets Stadium too.

With some renovation that would be an amazing stadium. Right now its just kinda cool. I like the old-fashioned horseshoe around the field. But the parking situation makes it almost unbearable to attend a game there. I still think Gannon should have found a way to go in on the new Prep stadium. It only holds 1,800 but is more of a stadium than Gannon's Transformers astroturf field.
    I agree. I always thought the Vets was a really cool, old-school venue. The 'shoe' makes it really neat. Upgrades for sure. The parking is a total disaster. It reminds me of the old days of Pitt Stadium and trying to park in Oakland. People on the 'build on campus' bandwagon all tend to forget those days. Parking a mile away and praying you didn't get mugged walking back to your car.

How many years later now and I still have no idea what Gannon's new football field actually is ... it's just awkward.

Comment

Update on Johnny Heupel.

Pa. high school football player shows improvement in recovery from brain injury - pennlive.com

Comment

The old Vets Stadium is built in front of NW Academy (I believe that's the name).
        Its a non-sport STEM high school.
        Erie Academy high school, the Lions also played there until the change over to a STEM high school.

A couple of other old schools Wesleyville & St John's Kanty Prep but don't believe the Vet was their home stadium.
        Hearsay as I didn't live in Pa at that time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X