Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Lev Bell released by Jets

So many ex-Steelers have shown time and again that their talent was mixing well into the system and not true talent per se. I'm always amazed that other teams keep signing Black and Gold cast-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

So many ex-Steelers have shown time and again that their talent was mixing well into the system and not true talent per se. I'm always amazed that other teams keep signing Black and Gold cast-offs.

Comment

He's still owed $6m more for this season in guaranteed coin.

RB is such a volatile position ... here today and gone tomorrow. Somebody may be willing to gamble on him.

The Jets are also a completely putrid team. Would he perform much better with an actual line and other threats surrounding him? Perhaps.

But, ... no sympathy here. He carved his own path.

Would the Yinzers be interested? Even if they were willing to entertain it ... not sure they could clear enough cap room. I would be confident, however, that back in the Steelers offense -- with their vast array of offensive weapons -- he could be dangerous.

Comment

This Steeler's fan is not interested. I agree he could be dangerous in the Steeler offense. But he's to greedy and Laveon Bell focused and and wants to be THE part and not just a part of a winning team. Then comes the next push to "get mines" not to mention the distraction because he feels he's not being center pieced with enough touches. Steelers are better off letting him stay some one else's problem.

Comment

I believe he truly bit himself in the foot by overvaluing his worth. He should have taken the 12-13 million the Steelers offered 2 years ago and his body wouldn't take a beating with Connor as his backup. He'd still be involved in the passing game and get a fair number of rushing attempts behind a good offensive line. He chased after the money and got the money but no success behind a poor line and bad offensive scheme with the Jets. Some team like the Bears or maybe even KC will take him on this year since they can give him the league minimum and the Jets will have to pay the bulk of the remaining $6 million left on this years contract but next year nobody is giving him a starting job and he will probably only receive a 1 year deal for 2-3 million bucks. On the flip side he did pocket 26 million the first two years of the deal for very little playing time and production lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
              I believe he truly bit himself in the foot by overvaluing his worth. He should have taken the 12-13 million the Steelers offered 2 years ago and his body wouldn't take a beating with Connor as his backup. He'd still be involved in the passing game and get a fair number of rushing attempts behind a good offensive line. He chased after the money and got the money but no success behind a poor line and bad offensive scheme with the Jets. Some team like the Bears or maybe even KC will take him on this year since they can give him the league minimum and the Jets will have to pay the bulk of the remaining $6 million left on this years contract but next year nobody is giving him a starting job and he will probably only receive a 1 year deal for 2-3 million bucks. On the flip side he did pocket 26 million the first two years of the deal for very little playing time and production lol.

Comment

Comment

LOL ... I'd sure like to receive a 1-year-deal for $2m to $3m.

I get what you're saying ... just funny to the common man.

Comment

Minus $8.6M from skipping 2018 which could have been added income but it's his life. If he doesn't waste it he's set for life.

Comment

I was thinking maybe Buffalo would take a hard look at him as well. But I agree, I am sure the Steelers won't give it a thought in picking him back up.

Comment

KC wants him, and that just could be a superb landing spot for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          KC wants him, and that just could be a superb landing spot for him.
                          Perfect spot. He'd be just another weapon ... not 'the' weapon. That's the role he thrives in the most. Yes, he's a little older now but he should be pretty fresh. He's hardly played the past 3 years.

KC also has a coach who I think would handle him quite well. He was never going to be a good fit on a crap team with a young coach on a power trip. LBell is a diva. You know that going in to it.

The Yinzers have done a fantastic job getting rid of their bad apples. It wouldn't be a good fit. With Connor hurt constantly I can see the temptation. LBell and AB racked up massive stats in Pittsburgh. They also didn't win anything when it mattered the most.

The Super Genius was right all along. #Double-M

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X