• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: ELECTION

Why not ...

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Why not ...
    Hahahahaha I suspect once the city of Philadelphia mail in/drop off votes (most city residents did this) are tallied along with the surrounding counties (Montgomery/Bucks/Chester/Delaware) Biden will slightly win PA. Not surprised Trump won Texas and I think Georgia will actually flip blue once all their votes are tallied.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Hahahahaha I suspect once the city of Philadelphia mail in/drop off votes (most city residents did this) are tallied along with the surrounding counties (Montgomery/Bucks/Chester/Delaware) Biden will slightly win PA. Not surprised Trump won Texas and I think Georgia will actually flip blue once all their votes are tallied.
      I made it to about 3 a.m. Then 5 a.m. arrived really quickly. If anything ... it makes for a good night of TV.

Comment

Just amazes me how over night Erie County just happened to "find" another 10,000 votes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          Just amazes me how over night Erie County just happened to "find" another 10,000 votes.
          I think that's called "counting."

Comment

In PA, the in-person results are tabulated. Then they hand count the absentee ballots. Usually those are an insignificant number.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              In PA, the in-person results are tabulated. Then they hand count the absentee ballots. Usually those are an insignificant number.
              But the issue in 2020 is the mail-in ballots and that's a number into the millions. I guess we'll know by Friday. Some people know the result already. If you have an accurate count on what has to be counted and from where it's an easy calculation to make.

Comment

Looks like PA may not be the swing vote after all with Wisconsin going blue. If Biden can hold onto Nevada and Michigan he would hit the 270 needed although I suspect Trump will demand a recount in Wisconsin & Michigan (he's already filed suit for them to stop counting).

Comment

In Allegheny County, they used paper ballots. I've been following the election fairly closely and somehow missed that. I wonder if that caused any delays. But the crazy number of mail/absentee ballots (technically different but basically the same thing) is tough. In past years they've had to count by hand. I've heard about scanners - not sure if that's new technology or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    In Allegheny County, they used paper ballots. I've been following the election fairly closely and somehow missed that. I wonder if that caused any delays. But the crazy number of mail/absentee ballots (technically different but basically the same thing) is tough. In past years they've had to count by hand. I've heard about scanners - not sure if that's new technology or not.
                    We have used paper ballots and scanners in Chester County for a number of years.

They tabulated our mail in ballots quickly.

Last edited by IUPNation; 11-06-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Just stop. Republicans set the rules, allowing mail in ballots to he received as long as they were postmarked on or before Nov 3rd. Plus they said those ballots couldn't be counted until after the polls had closed. They tried to play games and lost...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Just stop. Republicans set the rules, allowing mail in ballots to he received as long as they were postmarked on or before Nov 3rd. Plus they said those ballots couldn't be counted until after the polls had closed. They tried to play games and lost...
                        God you're an idiot!!! Trump is the one complaining about the mail in ballots and now you're saying the Republicans set the rules and lost the game. hahahahaha... you're so dumb!!!

Comment

God you're an idiot!!! Trump is the one complaining about the mail in ballots and now you're saying the Republicans set the rules and lost the game. hahahahaha... you're so dumb!!!
                          Some of these posts I can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not. Republicans in the state legislature did set the rules and now they say they are unfair.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...d-it-down.html

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

The rationale for the three day grace period on mail-in ballots was because of the coincidental irregularities with USPS delivery after mail-in ballots were requested. A lot of people had requested but never received one. So it had merit. A lot of criticism this year of decisions made sure to extraordinary situations.

Ironically, the Pennsylvania GOP mailed me an application for a mail-in ballot. I'm not a Republican nor did I ever want one.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Some of these posts I can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not. Republicans in the state legislature did set the rules and now they say they are unfair.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...d-it-down.html
                              Thanks for backing me up!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X