Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Gilbert sure looked much better than a 4th-string QB. He likely made himself some money yesterday and will be a coveted backup QB. I'm sure the Steelers wish they had him as opposed to deer-in-the-headlights Mason.

That was definitely a trap game for the Yinzers. They had three emotional, big games leading up to the Dallas trip. It reminded me of all those years IUP would play Clarion after going through the Cal/SRU back-to-back games. You can't be 'up' every week. It seemed it took them a half or so to get energized yesterday.

How about Monday Night Football ... the 2-5 Patriots at the 0-8 Jets. I wonder if an 0-8 team has ever played on MNF?
    Winning the games you play badly is the key to long term success. Looking at the schedule preseason, I felt pretty certain that the Stoppers would be 4-4 likely, 6-2 optimistically but in no way did 8-0 come to mind. Because no team in franchise history had ever reached this point undefeated. But if they can get 3-1 from the next 4 including another W against the @%$#&*% dirty birds, they will be in a great position. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Winning the games you play badly is the key to long term success. Looking at the schedule preseason, I felt pretty certain that the Stoppers would be 4-4 likely, 6-2 optimistically but in no way did 8-0 come to mind. Because no team in franchise history had ever reached this point undefeated. But if they can get 3-1 from the next 4 including another W against the @%$#&*% dirty birds, they will be in a great position. Time will tell.
      It would certainly help to gain the home field for the playoffs as the KC Chiefs are going to be a real tough out. Mahomes is one of the best that I have ever seen.

Comment

The obvious fear with Yinzburg is Ben staying healthy for the season. He's aged but is still a very strong QB. Knowing who the backup QBs are ... is enough to keep you up at night.

If they had to I'm not sure if they'd go with Mason or Dobbs. The Duck is also still lingering around, too. Of course, his claim to fame lately has been his Twitter beef with the Super Genius.

Colin Cowherd did a great segment on the Yinzers today. He didn't directly call them a mirage 8-0 but certainly implied it. I guess no matter how you spin it ... 8-0 is 8-0.

Comment

The obvious fear with Yinzburg is Ben staying healthy for the season. He's aged but is still a very strong QB. Knowing who the backup QBs are ... is enough to keep you up at night.

If they had to I'm not sure if they'd go with Mason or Dobbs. The Duck is also still lingering around, too. Of course, his claim to fame lately has been his Twitter beef with the Super Genius.

Colin Cowherd did a great segment on the Yinzers today. He didn't directly call them a mirage 8-0 but certainly implied it. I guess no matter how you spin it ... 8-0 is 8-0.
          Never ever like going into the PO without a recent, final six games, loss. My mentality tends more toward the '07 PATS than the '72 DOLPHINS.

Comment

Oh, Good God----Big Ben is on the Covid list. We are beeped!

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Throwing darts, intoxicated and blindfolded, from 30' away. Pick your poison.

I'm not overly sold on their running game. Minus Ben, teams will obviously have very little fear of any of those other guys throwing the ball. They'll see some heavy fronts.

I'd assume they go with Mason ... perhaps mix Dobbs in for a different look.

Warm that Duck up. The only positive is the news hit very early. Whichever backup QB they go with will at least have a full week prep with the first team.

Comment

Throwing darts, intoxicated and blindfolded, from 30' away. Pick your poison.

I'm not overly sold on their running game. Minus Ben, teams will obviously have very little fear of any of those other guys throwing the ball. They'll see some heavy fronts.

I'd assume they go with Mason ... perhaps mix Dobbs in for a different look.

Warm that Duck up. The only positive is the news hit very early. Whichever backup QB they go with will at least have a full week prep with the first team.
                I'd request a good rope or cyanide pills. I don't even want to see anymore of those bums behind Big Ben. We are completely screwed!

i guess there is a very outside chance that Big Ben can play but it is not a good one.

Comment

It's a contact listing which will lapse by Saturday if HE doesn't test positive. With a bit of luck he'll be behind center on Sunday. Here's hoping !!!

Comment

It's a contact listing which will lapse by Saturday if HE doesn't test positive. With a bit of luck he'll be behind center on Sunday. Here's hoping !!!
                    This Covid terminology is tough to follow. Contact listing? Contact tracing? False Negative? False Positive?

Comment

This Covid terminology is tough to follow. Contact listing? Contact tracing? False Negative? False Positive?
                      He was near Vance MacDonald who tested positive. An abundance of caution say he separates for five days.

Comment

He was near Vance MacDonald who tested positive. An abundance of caution say he separates for five days.
                        But just for arguments sake----wasn't the entire team near Vance McDonald? Same thing with the Ravens DB who tested positive with it the week before after the game.

Comment

But just for arguments sake----wasn't the entire team near Vance McDonald? Same thing with the Ravens DB who tested positive with it the week before after the game.
                          No idea who sits with whom on the bench but that probably is the determining factor.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X