Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Not even for P5's.Yesterday I heard on ESPN radio that New Mexico has moved their football team to Henderson, Nevada to avoid New Mexico's large gathering policy. They can conduct practices now, and in essence play games. The team is staying, and basically living, in a hotel. Why? Because if they shut down operations they would have lost $4,000,000. It is costing them $70,000 each each to house and feed the team in Nevada. New Mexico can now practice and play, and they get that $4,000,000 from the Mountain West and CFP, as opposed to shutting down operations and not getting a dime. Crazy when you think about it.

https://www.insider.com/new-mexico-f...vid-19-2020-11
    "Student-athletes'

More like 'athlete-whores' in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Not even for P5's.Yesterday I heard on ESPN radio that New Mexico has moved their football team to Henderson, Nevada to avoid New Mexico's large gathering policy. They can conduct practices now, and in essence play games. The team is staying, and basically living, in a hotel. Why? Because if they shut down operations they would have lost $4,000,000. It is costing them $70,000 each each to house and feed the team in Nevada. New Mexico can now practice and play, and they get that $4,000,000 from the Mountain West and CFP, as opposed to shutting down operations and not getting a dime. Crazy when you think about it.

https://www.insider.com/new-mexico-f...vid-19-2020-11
      Saw on the news last night NMSU is now considering doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

"Student-athletes'

More like 'athlete-whores' in this case.
        Lol yes, and I see both sides. But lets be honest, a FREE $200,000 education, IMO, is worth it.

Comment

Breaking News

Pittsburgh Central Catholic has just forfeited its PIAA quarterfinal football playoff game against Erie McDowell. PCC was closed due to Covid outbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Breaking News

Pittsburgh Central Catholic has just forfeited its PIAA quarterfinal football playoff game against Erie McDowell. PCC was closed due to Covid outbreak.
            Well now you know the virus isn't a hoax.

Also, I was unaware there's another McDowell HS. Been calling them just McDowell for 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Saw on the news last night NMSU is now considering doing the same thing.
              I just saw that somehow D2 New Mexico Highlands is traveling to play NM State to open their spring season on 2/27/20. If the MAC and Big 10 hadn't joined the Fall season and waited until the spring I wonder if a school like IUP, Rock would have approached PSU/Ohio, Akron about playing for some $$$

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I just saw that somehow D2 New Mexico Highlands is traveling to play NM State to open their spring season on 2/27/20. If the MAC and Big 10 hadn't joined the Fall season and waited until the spring I wonder if a school like IUP, Rock would have approached PSU/Ohio, Akron about playing for some $$$

They'd have needed a whole heck of a lot of money to play sac-lamb against Ohio State. LOL. I think they'd hang around against lower-end MAC schools. I'm not saying they'd win but they could stay in the game for a bit.

IUP and SRU could combine to make an all-star team ... and lose to the Buckeyes by 70. I wouldn't feel comfortable pimping the team out for that payday. I know it would likely be $1m to go to the Horseshoe (or in that range). And, that's all it would be ... pimping them out and risking safety so the beancounters could have a lot of beans to count.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Then you probably shouldn't let your child attend in-person at all.

Unlike D1 which has a 5 year eligibility clock that starts the day a student steps on campus as a freshman, DII is based on semesters with no clock. Fearful parents could keep their kids at home for a year and the kid could return next year (OR 2 years from now) and still have all their remaining eligibility intact. Just because the school might be open and your son/daughter's sport may be playing doesn't mean that you have to let your son/daughter go and play. If you are that fearful, keep them home were you can protect them.
                  I was speaking hypothetically as mine are now 31 and 26, and out of school. I appreciate you approving of my making my own decisions in regards to my own kids though. That's VERY liberal of you!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I was speaking hypothetically as mine are now 31 and 26, and out of school. I appreciate you approving of my making my own decisions in regards to my own kids though. That's VERY liberal of you!
                    I appreciate you validating my position . I have the best interest of you, your children and people in general at heart. We can't leave these decisions for people to make on their own. We have to tell them what the right decision is and then encourage them to make it. If that doesn't work, we need to point out their "wrong" decision for public comment and pressure.

Comment

A lot are bringing students back in mid-late January, eliminating spring break, and finishing around the same time. At this point if anyone is trying to do double-occupancy dorm rooms, beware.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X