Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUP has some games

Boro has some scheds listed FB & BB

Basketball-wise, that 'was' going to be the schedule. Unless something major happened over the weekend ... that's just still up by mistake.

Gannon and Mercyhurst are trying to give it a go. Gannon had two games scheduled but the first one was already cancelled.

The main issue they're having is finding any teams to play. Many D2 conferences that are (as of now) playing (such as the MEC and CIAA) are not permiting out-of-conference games. So, putting together an independent schedule is very difficult.

The word that leaked on vote day was only IUP, GU, Mercyhurst and Clarion voted to play. They needed 6 total.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Basketball-wise, that 'was' going to be the schedule. Unless something major happened over the weekend ... that's just still up by mistake.

Gannon and Mercyhurst are trying to give it a go. Gannon had two games scheduled but the first one was already cancelled.

The main issue they're having is finding any teams to play. Many D2 conferences that are (as of now) playing (such as the MEC and CIAA) are not permiting out-of-conference games. So, putting together an independent schedule is very difficult.

The word that leaked on vote day was only IUP, GU, Mercyhurst and Clarion voted to play. They needed 6 total.
      IUP would be 3-0.

Comment

From what I understood, the PSAC said no spring games and it stated for a conference championship to take place, 6 schools would have to have voted "yes". I see EUP does have a spring fb schedule so does that mean these will be played as scrimmages with whatever rules the 2 head coaches can agree on (ex.10 offensive plays then switch to defense) ? Its a great opportunity for live game situations where a lot of people can get experience. Seems like a great idea as long as the schools that want to participate won't get some "behind the scene" PSAC punishment. Hopefully the schools EUP is to scrimmage will at least update their schedules or let their players know what's going on. I feel bad for the players at the other schools when they have to look at their opponents' site to see when/if they are playing. I talked to another school's player today and he had no idea they would be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by playersdad View Post
          From what I understood, the PSAC said no spring games and it stated for a conference championship to take place, 6 schools would have to have voted "yes". I see EUP does have a spring fb schedule so does that mean these will be played as scrimmages with whatever rules the 2 head coaches can agree on (ex.10 offensive plays then switch to defense) ? Its a great opportunity for live game situations where a lot of people can get experience. Seems like a great idea as long as the schools that want to participate won't get some "behind the scene" PSAC punishment. Hopefully the schools EUP is to scrimmage will at least update their schedules or let their players know what's going on. I feel bad for the players at the other schools when they have to look at their opponents' site to see when/if they are playing. I talked to another school's player today and he had no idea they would be playing.
          I knew it would come to this....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0cF2piwjYQ

Comment

That's cool they are going to get some form of competition. If you're going to have Spring Ball why not have a few practices with other teams ... nice to hit somebody else.

And, for you, CALUPA69 .... ZERO-POINT-ZERO

Comment

Originally posted by playersdad View Post
              I knew it would come to this....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0cF2piwjYQ

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Putting 25 students and coaches on a bus isn't a good idea right about now...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X