Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Any inside scoop on why DC,OC, and OL coaches were let go?
    No, the last time I talked with Sheptock was late last summer right after the season was cancelled. I can only speculate, but would think th contracts were up some time soon? IDK. I know they're not sitting on piles of cash to buy out contracts, but guessing they felt if changes were coming, get them done before spring practice. Also wondering if its possible that the three coaches departing will only be replaced by two or even one? Paul Johnson is also an O line coach so he covers the territory of Lydic and Chesnick and perhaps Sheptock acts as his own DC. I have mixed feelings about it. The offense definitely needs new ideas (and I do like the Johnson hire) but Henicle was a darn good DC and a Bloom hall of famer. Sorry to see him leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post

No, the last time I talked with Sheptock was late last summer right after the season was cancelled. I can only speculate, but would think th contracts were up some time soon? IDK. I know they're not sitting on piles of cash to buy out contracts, but guessing they felt if changes were coming, get them done before spring practice. Also wondering if its possible that the three coaches departing will only be replaced by two or even one? Paul Johnson is also an O line coach so he covers the territory of Lydic and Chesnick and perhaps Sheptock acts as his own DC. I have mixed feelings about it. The offense definitely needs new ideas (and I do like the Johnson hire) but Henicle was a darn good DC and a Bloom hall of famer. Sorry to see him leave.
      I thought the same about Johnson covering 2 positions, and possibly saving some money on another coach. It seems unusual that there is no news on interviews for a DC, so you could be right about Sheptock serving as DC too, that would save money on replacing 2 coaches, OL and DC. I also still think Johnson-Koulianos could get a full time position. It is strange that all remaining coaches are listed as Assistant Coach which has never happened before, maybe everyone got a raise. I don't like any of the changes.

Comment

Bloom signee Matt Bowes picked for the Big 33 squad at TE.

Comment

Jerry Griffen-Batchler 5-10 175 WR Germantown Academy H.S.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9512177...77700ba831dae2

Penn live had him listed as a top future recruit in 2019. "He runs well, and is quick in-and-out of his breaks, making him a tough cover as a slot guy. His quickness allows him to break on passes well, too, making him a viable corner prospect."

Comment

Owen Zechman 6'4" 280 OL University of Delaware (did not play freshman year 2019) attended Midd-West High School

Comment

RB Quiteh is graduating and is looking to transfer for his final year. He was in the 2015 recruiting class. Best year was 2017 with 979 yards and All PSAC East Second Team.

Comment

RB Quiteh is graduating and is looking to transfer for his final year. He was in the 2015 recruiting class. Best year was 2017 with 979 yards and All PSAC East Second Team.
                Is he looking to transfer up? This isn't the year for D2 guys to transfer up knowing that FBS players got that extra year of eligibility and they'll be returning which means little to no shot at a FBS scholarship or even FCS scholarship. Best case is a PWO spot at a higher division school or transferring to another PSAC school with a opening for starting RB.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Is he looking to transfer up? This isn't the year for D2 guys to transfer up knowing that FBS players got that extra year of eligibility and they'll be returning which means little to no shot at a FBS scholarship or even FCS scholarship. Best case is a PWO spot at a higher division school or transferring to another PSAC school with a opening for starting RB.
                  I would guess he is looking for a change after 6 years at Bloom. He only played 2 games in 2019, probably because of an injury. He likely would have been the #2 or #3 guy next season, so he may just want to play anywhere.

Comment

News of a kicker who was at Bloom for 2 years, redshirt and 2020 pandemic. Now a walk-on at Temple.

https://247sports.com/college/temple...ter-163575595/

Comment

Released OL coach Chesnick lands at University of Richmond as Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Comment

Found this piece on Bob Tucker.,one of the best at TE. Enjoyed watching him with the one hand catches and running with the ball like a loaf of bread, and hitting people.

https://www.giants.com/video/giants-...ucker-13221324

Comment

Found this piece on Bob Tucker.,one of the best at TE. Enjoyed watching him with the one hand catches and running with the ball like a loaf of bread, and hitting people.

https://www.giants.com/video/giants-...ucker-13221324
                          Thanks, Bart. That's an interesting interview. He had an interesting career, even played semi-pro for the Pottstown team prior to playing for the Giants.

Did you ever see him play for Bloomsburg?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Thanks, Bart. That's an interesting interview. He had an interesting career, even played semi-pro for the Pottstown team prior to playing for the Giants.

Did you ever see him play for Bloomsburg?
                            Not at Bloom, but focused on him when the Giants were on tv. He was closer to Bluejays time. When he played at Bloom they were a passing team, with a great Qb and Wr to go along with him. They held many records at Bloom. In that sense, it was no surprise he was a great pass catching TE in the NFL.

Comment

Short tv news piece on team practices: https://www.pahomepage.com/sports/co...rank-sheptock/

Comment

Not at Bloom, but focused on him when the Giants were on tv. He was closer to Bluejays time. When he played at Bloom they were a passing team, with a great Qb and Wr to go along with him. They held many records at Bloom. In that sense, it was no surprise he was a great pass catching TE in the NFL.
                                Stan Kucharski was the WR. Story I have is that Giants were scouting him when Tucker caught their eye

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X