• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Big Commit to Gannon
    A 6'3 168, Fla (rated top 20 Dual Threat QB) had 2 1AA offers,
    Played in State Champ game
    Nate Mekill, Wildwood High School near Orlando, Fla.

https://qbhitlist.com/profile/oscenenate-mikell-fl/
    He looks promising. Makes you wonder how he had so few offers. I saw Gannon, the D3 Monmouth, and Stetson, who are non-scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He looks promising. Makes you wonder how he had so few offers. I saw Gannon, the D3 Monmouth, and Stetson, who are non-scholarship.
      Either those ratings are way off or he has some major character flaws. No way he doesn't have more offers if he's that good.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Either those ratings are way off or he has some major character flaws. No way he doesn't have more offers if he's that good.
        Next January you can take him down to Rum Runners and sit out in 18" of snow. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Next January you can take him down to Rum Runners and sit out in 18" of snow. LOL.
          Hahahaha, what a dump that place is even during the summer! We can take that recruit over to the Sloppy Duck!

Comment

Hahahaha, what a dump that place is even during the summer! We can take that recruit over to the Sloppy Duck!
            I had several friends who went to Gannon. Is Park Place still open? That was quite the spot 20 years ago. Rum Runners was nice back then -- outside portion at least. Is ShakesPiers still open? I remember one of the dive college bars was called The Dugout or something. I recall it had one of those downstairs restrooms that felt like you were going down to see Sloth from The Goonies.

Comment

Yeah I couldn't figure it out. Honestly, no offense to this kid or Gannon, but probably classic over-valuation. Based on his Twitter, he was getting follows from big time programs. But he also was *constantly* tweeting at any FBS program sniffing him. But outside of Gannon, the only programs that offered him were Stetson (Patriot League/non-scholarship) and two D3 schools (Monmouth College in IL and Albright in SEPA).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I had several friends who went to Gannon. Is Park Place still open? That was quite the spot 20 years ago. Rum Runners was nice back then -- outside portion at least. Is ShakesPiers still open? I remember one of the dive college bars was called The Dugout or something. I recall it had one of those downstairs restrooms that felt like you were going down to see Sloth from The Goonies.
                So Park Place was bought out by the Erie Redevelopment Sept. 2018. It was closed and they are turning it into some form of food court. The Dugout is still there but that has changed names and owners numerous times. It's now called Slices on French. It's a bar more geared towards the Erie Insurance Arena and UPMC Park pre and post event crowds.
                As far as Shakespier's, I've never heard of it but I'm wondering if you meant Sherlock's. That bar was attached to Park Place and is currently gone too sold in the Park Place deal.

Comment

So Park Place was bought out by the Erie Redevelopment Sept. 2018. It was closed and they are turning it into some form of food court. The Dugout is still there but that has changed names and owners numerous times. It's now called Slices on French. It's a bar more geared towards the Erie Insurance Arena and UPMC Park pre and post event crowds.
                  As far as Shakespier's, I've never heard of it but I'm wondering if you meant Sherlock's. That bar was attached to Park Place and is currently gone too sold in the Park Place deal.
                  6 years in Edinboro and I never felt the need to go out in downtown Erie. Many years later my wife and I were in town, stayed at the Sheraton on the pier, and decided to stay out on State Street...YIKES. Other than the 6 pack/tap house place it was almost dystopian. Really surprised Gannon doesn't have greater retention issues because its so dead around campus almost to the point that it defeats the benefit of being "downtown".

Comment

Last edited by Fightingscot82; 01-18-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I think the big kick may be he's only 168lbs at 6'3 he may have to take the bus to classes come winter in Erie

Comment

Gannon"s 9th commit
                        Jamar Francis 6'2 190 WR/S, Riverside High school near Cleaveland, Ohio

Comment

I think the big kick may be he's only 168lbs at 6'3 he may have to take the bus to classes come winter in Erie
                          Makes you wonder if he puts more faith in his natural ability than being a gym rat. Unless you're first round potential that kind of attitude repels coaches. Total conjecture here too.

Comment

I don't know what the GU people are thinking.
                            GU is heavy with QBs ( 6 on current roster) for at least 2 more yrs and may be planning to
                            change that attitude add some weight for his JR yr.
                            if the attitude isn't right for the team, there's always the XFER Portal.
                            Last edited by Sec10-A-14; 01-19-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

The 168lbs isn't a factor. A lot of the High School studs like that are always light weights. The college works their plan to bulk them up.

Comment

Yet another Fla recruit
                                Daeshawn Larry 6'2 290 O-line, Baker County High School, near Jacksonville, Fla

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X