Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Eagles looking at former IUP WR Coach

Last edited by WarriorVoice; 01-21-2021, 06:16 AM.

I didn't know much about him when he was here but that's common for D2 WRs coaches. And, THE Lou Tepper era is blocked in many of our minds.

That said, his track record speaks for itself. I can say if the Eagles don't hire him ... it won't be long until somebody else does. He only broke in to the NFL around 2010 and that was as a Quality Control Coach. So, to be interviewing for a HC just 10 years later is quite impressive.

He came to IUP from Mount Union. I believe he played in that D3 juggernaut.

I'd much rather hire him than one of the traditional retreads.

Being an assistant is one thing. Being the head man is totally different. I think he's worth a roll of the dice.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I didn't know much about him when he was here but that's common for D2 WRs coaches. And, THE Lou Tepper era is blocked in many of our minds.

That said, his track record speaks for itself. I can say if the Eagles don't hire him ... it won't be long until somebody else does. He only broke in to the NFL around 2010 and that was as a Quality Control Coach. So, to be interviewing for a HC just 10 years later is quite impressive.

He came to IUP from Mount Union. I believe he played in that D3 juggernaut.

I'd much rather hire him than one of the traditional retreads.

Being an assistant is one thing. Being the head man is totally different. I think he's worth a roll of the dice.
      I believe his brother or cousin is the head coach at W&J

Comment

New Eagles coach Sirianni is western New York native who coached at IUP

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
          New Eagles coach Sirianni is western New York native who coached at IUP
          Very excited about this guy, and the staff he's putting together!

Comment

Always liked the Eagles as my 2nd team, back to the time I spent at the Naval Base in Philly.

Comment

Mr. Sirianni is experiencing life on top already ... getting blasted by talking heads and players for hiring an all-white staff.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Mr. Sirianni is experiencing life on top already ... getting blasted by talking heads and players for hiring an all-white staff.
                Not a good look in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Not a good look in 2021.
                  Lol ESPN analyst calling them The Backstreet Boys.

Comment

Hires former Edinboro player DK McDonald. Coached at Edinboro then followed beloved IUP killer Tepper to IUP before landing with Matt Campbell at Toledo and following him to Iowa State.

https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphi...ege-ranks.html

Edinboro now with two NFL assistants.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X