Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: New College Football Video Game

EA sports dropped the news today, a new game is finally in the works.

About. Damn. Time.

Will be interesting how they market players likeliness. Will they pay players for their image likeliness?? If so does the star QB at Bama get the same amount of $ as say the QB at Nevada? I say all players should be given $500 regardless to their stature with the team and if the players get sneaker deals from Nike/Addidas/Reebok as long as their university is sponsored by that team, let the players make money off their footwear deals.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
      Will be interesting how they market players likeliness. Will they pay players for their image likeliness?? If so does the star QB at Bama get the same amount of $ as say the QB at Nevada? I say all players should be given $500 regardless to their stature with the team and if the players get sneaker deals from Nike/Addidas/Reebok as long as their university is sponsored by that team, let the players make money off their footwear deals.
      The game will apparently be called EASports College Football and not NCAA Football. Take from that what you will.

Comment

Last game I bought was the last version. What PS are they on now ... 5 or 6?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Last game I bought was the last version. What PS are they on now ... 5 or 6?
          hahahaha, I'm your boat. I haven't had a system since the Playstation 2 and that was at least 15 years ago. I did have the NCAA football game though! I created IUP and played in the SEC. Eyerman, Ocasio and Dew were my studs!

Comment

Fall of '98 a riot broke out in Esch Hall over that game. Lol.

Comment

On that note, I read that the original Tecmo Bowl was released 30 years ago, on Feb. 1, 1991. That game probably had a lot to do with my sub-par GPA during my first year of college.
              http://www.indianagazette.com
              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                On that note, I read that the original Tecmo Bowl was released 30 years ago, on Feb. 1, 1991. That game probably had a lot to do with my sub-par GPA during my first year of college.
                https://youtu.be/98tX2Y9X_yA

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Tecmo Bowl (and its older brother) sure bring back some memories. I still have an NES hooked up. It works occasionally with the right 'blow' pattern and proper insertion of the game cartridge. My kids look at it like it's from the stone ages.

Sports-wise, my favorites were Tecmo Bowl, Super Tecmo Bowl, RBI Baseball 2, Blades of Steel, Punchout and Double Dribble. The original MLB wasn't bad ... you could make a curveball change direction (twice) in mid-air.

I remember the original ice hockey game ... you could make your guys all skinny speedsters or all bruisers (or a combination).

Here's a Friday Trivia:

Without cheating, can you name the lineup, in order, Glass Joe had to battle in Mike Tyson's Punchout?

Comment

Tecmo Bowl (and its older brother) sure bring back some memories. I still have an NES hooked up. It works occasionally with the right 'blow' pattern and proper insertion of the game cartridge. My kids look at it like it's from the stone ages.

Sports-wise, my favorites were Tecmo Bowl, Super Tecmo Bowl, RBI Baseball 2, Blades of Steel, Punchout and Double Dribble. The original MLB wasn't bad ... you could make a curveball change direction (twice) in mid-air.

I remember the original ice hockey game ... you could make your guys all skinny speedsters or all bruisers (or a combination).

Here's a Friday Trivia:

Without cheating, can you name the lineup, in order, Glass Joe had to battle in Mike Tyson's Punchout?

Comment

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Comment

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Comment

Mike still knocks me out every time.

Comment

Mike still knocks me out every time.

Comment

I have a funny feeling that this game might be a dud. I don't know... I hope not. I was a HUGE player of the NCAA Football games when EA was pumping them out every July. I still play it. They made the rosters pretty close on the last version of NCAA Football, which was right in the middle of that lawsuit that basically killed the game. I agree that it will be interesting to see how they handle that stuff now. I'm envisioning they just create the teams, but have very generic rosters. The hope for the gamers out there is that they utilize the old "Teambuilder" site and let you basically customize your roster. I'm willing to bet that doesn't happen either.

It's quite amazing how NCAA Football 14 has managed to stand the test of time. I keep my old PS3 for one reason. And it's to play that game. The game has a devout, cult-like following. It's incredible. The community is very active and updates rosters every year that you can download for each new season. There's very tech savvy people who create "mods" of the original game to basically edit and rewrite what EA developed on the original game. You can now download an edited version and play a dynasty mode that has the College Football Playoff built into it. The most recent update made some major changes that essentially created a brand new game. It's truly amazing, but NCAA Football 14 is constantly evolving even years later. New things are created for the game every couple of months by some random guys who know how to code and do that techy stuff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X