Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I have a funny feeling that this game might be a dud. I don't know... I hope not. I was a HUGE player of the NCAA Football games when EA was pumping them out every July. I still play it. They made the rosters pretty close on the last version of NCAA Football, which was right in the middle of that lawsuit that basically killed the game. I agree that it will be interesting to see how they handle that stuff now. I'm envisioning they just create the teams, but have very generic rosters. The hope for the gamers out there is that they utilize the old "Teambuilder" site and let you basically customize your roster. I'm willing to bet that doesn't happen either.

It's quite amazing how NCAA Football 14 has managed to stand the test of time. I keep my old PS3 for one reason. And it's to play that game. The game has a devout, cult-like following. It's incredible. The community is very active and updates rosters every year that you can download for each new season. There's very tech savvy people who create "mods" of the original game to basically edit and rewrite what EA developed on the original game. You can now download an edited version and play a dynasty mode that has the College Football Playoff built into it. The most recent update made some major changes that essentially created a brand new game. It's truly amazing, but NCAA Football 14 is constantly evolving even years later. New things are created for the game every couple of months by some random guys who know how to code and do that techy stuff.

Comment

I have a funny feeling that this game might be a dud. I don't know... I hope not. I was a HUGE player of the NCAA Football games when EA was pumping them out every July. I still play it. They made the rosters pretty close on the last version of NCAA Football, which was right in the middle of that lawsuit that basically killed the game. I agree that it will be interesting to see how they handle that stuff now. I'm envisioning they just create the teams, but have very generic rosters. The hope for the gamers out there is that they utilize the old "Teambuilder" site and let you basically customize your roster. I'm willing to bet that doesn't happen either.

It's quite amazing how NCAA Football 14 has managed to stand the test of time. I keep my old PS3 for one reason. And it's to play that game. The game has a devout, cult-like following. It's incredible. The community is very active and updates rosters every year that you can download for each new season. There's very tech savvy people who create "mods" of the original game to basically edit and rewrite what EA developed on the original game. You can now download an edited version and play a dynasty mode that has the College Football Playoff built into it. The most recent update made some major changes that essentially created a brand new game. It's truly amazing, but NCAA Football 14 is constantly evolving even years later. New things are created for the game every couple of months by some random guys who know how to code and do that techy stuff.
      I could care less about specific players. Make the teams with the cool graphics, announcers, etc.

That's good enough for me if they can't work out the rest. An average fan may know like 1-2 names off of any P5 team.

I know it's a big thrill for the players. I hope it's resolved but the game is bigger than the players.

Comment

Hot tip:

NCAA '14 has carried a premium that other sports games don't enjoy. If you own a physical copy, I'd sell it sooner rather than later. Once the new game comes out, '14 will be worthless. I sold mine a couple years back when the rumors started flying. Unfortunately, while I made money on it - I didn't get $76 for it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NCAA-Footba...8AAOSwdGtgIL7C

Same goes for NCAA Basketball '10.

Also, here's Tom Brady's first video game appearance, and his current one:

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          Hot tip:

NCAA '14 has carried a premium that other sports games don't enjoy. If you own a physical copy, I'd sell it sooner rather than later. Once the new game comes out, '14 will be worthless. I sold mine a couple years back when the rumors started flying. Unfortunately, while I made money on it - I didn't get $76 for it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NCAA-Footba...8AAOSwdGtgIL7C

Same goes for NCAA Basketball '10.

Also, here's Tom Brady's first video game appearance, and his current one:

LOL ... mine has sat in a box since about 2015.

Chuck: If you want it ... send me a private message and I'll mail it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd give you ten bucks for it, ;)

Anyway, I'm excited to see a new game come out. I like the college football titles. It'd be nice if they provided logo and uniform packages for the smaller divisions. I'd even pay for it. Every D2 logo + 5 D2 stadiums for an extra $10? I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'd give you ten bucks for it, ;)

Anyway, I'm excited to see a new game come out. I like the college football titles. It'd be nice if they provided logo and uniform packages for the smaller divisions. I'd even pay for it. Every D2 logo + 5 D2 stadiums for an extra $10? I'm in.
              From what I understood back in the day, they stopped including FCS teams because their was only so much they could include. On the previous gen systems like Xbox and PS2, they included all of the FCS teams. The rosters weren't accurate and they didn't have stadiums or playbooks, but they were at least in the game. When I'm home, my dad and I have fun playing a Harvard-Yale matchup or William & Mary-Youngstown State game. The got rid of the FCS schools when teams the games started moving onto the next gen systems (PS3 and Xbox 360).

I would love for what you're suggesting to happen, but I'm doubtful it will. The NCAA 14 Teambuilder website was awesome. It really allowed you to customize an entirely new team. My wish would be that they bring that back. I made the entire PSAC and would play a dynasty mode as IUP in the PSAC. I believe I replaced the MAC schools with the PSAC.

They had really finally gotten to the point where the game was really customized. It sucks that they pulled the plugged on the game when they did. Rumors were that they were planning on putting in a bunch of new features that would have been customizable in dynasty mode. There was going to be an option of having a 4, 8, and 16 team playoff in dynasty mode. In real life that would be awful because you would see 3 of the same 4 in the final still every year. However, in a video game environment where Alabama who is an A+ in all categories can lose by 3 TDs to the C- team who won the MAC, it would be kind of fun.

Comment

From what I understood back in the day, they stopped including FCS teams because their was only so much they could include. On the previous gen systems like Xbox and PS2, they included all of the FCS teams. The rosters weren't accurate and they didn't have stadiums or playbooks, but they were at least in the game. When I'm home, my dad and I have fun playing a Harvard-Yale matchup or William & Mary-Youngstown State game. The got rid of the FCS schools when teams the games started moving onto the next gen systems (PS3 and Xbox 360).

I would love for what you're suggesting to happen, but I'm doubtful it will. The NCAA 14 Teambuilder website was awesome. It really allowed you to customize an entirely new team. My wish would be that they bring that back. I made the entire PSAC and would play a dynasty mode as IUP in the PSAC. I believe I replaced the MAC schools with the PSAC.

They had really finally gotten to the point where the game was really customized. It sucks that they pulled the plugged on the game when they did. Rumors were that they were planning on putting in a bunch of new features that would have been customizable in dynasty mode. There was going to be an option of having a 4, 8, and 16 team playoff in dynasty mode. In real life that would be awful because you would see 3 of the same 4 in the final still every year. However, in a video game environment where Alabama who is an A+ in all categories can lose by 3 TDs to the C- team who won the MAC, it would be kind of fun.
                It's wishful thinking on my end, but it is certainly doable - especially if they are charging for it. FIFA comes standard with over 700 clubs. They get full uniforms, names, stats, and ratings. Not all of them get stadiums or name recognition by the announcers - but it's still pretty impressive. NCAA has ~600 teams, and D2-D3 could be sold as a DLC package with half the features that they put into FIFA, and I'd be happy. I'd just like a handful of D2 stadiums so I can play in a D2 stadium, regardless of who it belongs too.

They should bring back the FCS though, at least the top 25-50 programs. Schools like NDSU are getting a lot of attention from the greater sports world, and they should be playable to the same extent the FBS teams are.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

Yeah, I forgot. Yes, mine is PS3.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X