Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The Yinzers trading up to get Mac Jones gaining major steam in the media.

I saw that recently disgruntled QB Russell Wilson also wants traded. Seattle said 'serious' talks would start at (3) No. 1 picks.

That's like the tag for Bo Callhan in Draft Day.
    I think the whole Mac Jones thing is nothing but smoke. He's nothing more than a Mason Rudolph. Easy to be great in college when you are surrounded by first rounders. I think the smoke is to get more teams trading up so the player Pittsburgh wants falls. Also, let's not forget how much these agents talk/promote their players to generate more interest. I just don't see the Steelers taking Mac Jones in round 1. LB probably isn't the pick either since Bush will be back and Highsmith get better ever play> I truly think Highsmith is further along at this point than Dupree was. Yes, they will draft a depth LB later on in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I think the whole Mac Jones thing is nothing but smoke. He's nothing more than a Mason Rudolph. Easy to be great in college when you are surrounded by first rounders. I think the smoke is to get more teams trading up so the player Pittsburgh wants falls. Also, let's not forget how much these agents talk/promote their players to generate more interest. I just don't see the Steelers taking Mac Jones in round 1. LB probably isn't the pick either since Bush will be back and Highsmith get better ever play> I truly think Highsmith is further along at this point than Dupree was. Yes, they will draft a depth LB later on in the draft.
      I agree that Highsmith is much further along than Dupree at the same point his his career. I also do not feel the Stillers will draft Mac Jones. Maybe a Kyle Trask later on but he is saddled with the mobility of Big Ben----at 38. Probably the QB the Stillers would like is Trey Lance out of NDSU. But he is a top eight pick.

I just feel when the Stillers lost so many of their LBs last year that spelled the end of the year for them (more specficically when Dupree went down after Bush and Spillane.) I have been watching film on some of these LBs like Zaven Collins, Nick Bolton, Jeriamiah Owusu-Koroamoah, Jalean Phillips, et al and these guys could really provide some real depth and fury for the black and gold.

Certainly, OT could be a possible pick at #24 as well. Someone decent will fall there. Maybe Teven Jenkins, Sam Cosmi, or Jaylen Mayfield. Or maybe they want to roll the dice with the Bama back Najee Harris.

My first two round mock at this point----

Round 1- Zaven Collins LB Tulsa (or one of the other LBs)

Round 2- Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame (or you could move up to get say a RB like Javonte Williams out of UNC)

Comment

ESPN is reporting Watt has multiple offers on the table with the highest at $16m a year.

I think the Yinzer dream is over.

Comment

I'm not looking forward to next season. The Steelers under this generation of Rooneys & Kevin Colbert pay their players but it almost always creates dead cap money, rendering them impotent in FA signings. I don't see them knocking the draft out of the park to plug all the holes adequately. Roethlisberger's contract is a killer this year. The only upside I see is having him tutor Rudolph and come in only when needed. I'm not confident in Rudolph but I do think he's a more reliable bet than Ben. Make it work until you have a better alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            I'm not looking forward to next season. The Steelers under this generation of Rooneys & Kevin Colbert pay their players but it almost always creates dead cap money, rendering them impotent in FA signings. I don't see them knocking the draft out of the park to plug all the holes adequately. Roethlisberger's contract is a killer this year. The only upside I see is having him tutor Rudolph and come in only when needed. I'm not confident in Rudolph but I do think he's a more reliable bet than Ben. Make it work until you have a better alternative.
            They are going to suck next year. Maybe 8-8. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Comment

Yep. No chance he's coming back to ride pine. He'll cry a river and turn that already circus in to a disaster.

Comment

Ben is either cut or playing at this point. No back up or retirement at this point. I think you guys will be amazed at what they'll be able to do once they restructure Ben's contract. They will be better than 8-8 but nor by much because their schedule is brutal next year with all the toughest games on the road. I still say the Steelers are the best team in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    Ben is either cut or playing at this point. No back up or retirement at this point. I think you guys will be amazed at what they'll be able to do once they restructure Ben's contract. They will be better than 8-8 but nor by much because their schedule is brutal next year with all the toughest games on the road. I still say the Steelers are the best team in the division.
                    I think that I can go along with that to be honest. They have a nasty defense (if they can keep their LB corps intact) and if they can somehow come up with a competent run game they could win some games.

Who plays on their O-line next season in your opinion? They probably need to make a FA signing or two here. Remember the 2008 line that won a SB---they were hardly a group of elite first rounders or anything. Justin Hartwig and Darnell Stapleton come to mind.
                    Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 02-25-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

The 16th lawsuit was filed against DeShaun Watson today.

I'd be shocked if some criminal charges don't soon follow.

Comment

Bunch of gold diggers I'd guess. But he did seem pretty anxious to get out of town in Houston. Can't blame the guy. LOL.

The Stillers look to be an absolute hot mess at this point. Horrible decison to keep Tik Tok boy and release the corner named Nelson.

Just heard that Claypool got into a bar fight in California. The state I assume. Who would be stupid enough to fight someone 6-4, 240 and with out of this world athletic ability? Not too bright.

The Stillers need to find better bean counters to run their cap. It's an embarrassment that teams like Tampa and New England can run circles around us with how they do business.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Bunch of gold diggers I'd guess. But he did seem pretty anxious to get out of town in Houston. Can't blame the guy. LOL.

The Stillers look to be an absolute hot mess at this point. Horrible decison to keep Tik Tok boy and release the corner named Nelson.

Just heard that Claypool got into a bar fight in California. The state I assume. Who would be stupid enough to fight someone 6-4, 240 and with out of this world athletic ability? Not too bright.

The Stillers need to find better bean counters to run their cap. It's an embarrassment that teams like Tampa and New England can run circles around us with how they do business.
                          Yeah he's on video kicking a guy in the head.

Comment

Yeah he's on video kicking a guy in the head.
                            Great! Well, maybe it is a good thing they did retain the Tik Tok kid.

Comment

It depends. An accusation isn't enough to bring charges. Its why Roethlisberger was never charged in his two accusations and why if I walk into a police station and confess to a killing, they may hold & question me but they won't charge without some sort of evidence pointing to me. For sexual assault, there needs to be physical evidence. Many women don't rush to the police but our CJ system needs fresh evidence and a conviction needs evidence that points to "beyond a reasonable doubt". If the police won't charge their only recourse is a civil suit for emotional trauma, where the burden of proof can be circumstantial and only needs to be "more likely than not". That's a big gray area in the middle but its safe to assume that *something* happened.

I can't tell you how many situations I dealt with at 3 different universities where men assumed everything was alright only to learn they overstepped their bounds or it was wrong to take advantage of someone in a situation (such as being drunk). Wealth and status as a star athlete sometimes makes that worse. Not assuming anything with Watson, though.

Comment

What do you guys think of BYU QB Zach Wilson? He had a much ballyhooed pro day today. I guess I am in the vast minority in that I am not overly impressed with him. He looks really small to me. But his stock is soaring through the roof and looks like he has solidified a spot as the #2 pick in the Draft. I personally love Trey Lance---whom the 49ers are likely to take now after moving up to the three spot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X