Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    What do you guys think of BYU QB Zach Wilson? He had a much ballyhooed pro day today. I guess I am in the vast minority in that I am not overly impressed with him. He looks really small to me. But his stock is soaring through the roof and looks like he has solidified a spot as the #2 pick in the Draft. I personally love Trey Lance---whom the 49ers are likely to take now after moving up to the three spot.
    I would take Lance over Wilson... Just my opinion!

Comment

What do you guys think of BYU QB Zach Wilson? He had a much ballyhooed pro day today. I guess I am in the vast minority in that I am not overly impressed with him. He looks really small to me. But his stock is soaring through the roof and looks like he has solidified a spot as the #2 pick in the Draft. I personally love Trey Lance---whom the 49ers are likely to take now after moving up to the three spot.
      His stock is on fire. No. 2 overall seems to be the word.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I would take Lance over Wilson... Just my opinion!
        Lance's upside and ceiling is to the moon and back. He can really do a lot of different stuff by looking at his tape. I was blown away in the first minute by him.

I think I read somewhere that BYU played a cupcake schedule last season. But looks like Wilson will go #2 or so we are led to believe.

Comment

The Stillers sign Mike Tomlin to a three year contract extension. Lord knows why? Ho-hum.

The song "Renegade" should be replaced with Skid Row's "Wasted Time." It would certainly be fitting.

Comment

On today's version of 93.7's Pittsburgh Sports' Daily Running of the Mouth some pundits seem to think that the Stillers have their first round selection narrowed down to three players----

-Alabama RB Najee Harris

-Alabama C Landon Dickerson

-Oklahoma State OT Tevin Jenkins

I love the Harris one. Total and talented back. I am very much against Dickerson. Hurt all the time and will likely be retired by the time he is 24 or so. Jenkins is a nasty road-grader. I think that he has seen action at both tackle spots but seems to project more as a RT in the NFL. The Stilllers already have two guys under contract he can start at RT.

It is also a possiblity that one of the talented CBs falls to where they pick. But certainly Tomlin has zero history of ever really drafting a CB and making him work through his own coaching.

Comment

On today's version of 93.7's Pittsburgh Sports' Daily Running of the Mouth some pundits seem to think that the Stillers have their first round selection narrowed down to three players----

-Alabama RB Najee Harris

-Alabama C Landon Dickerson

-Oklahoma State OT Tevin Jenkins

I love the Harris one. Total and talented back. I am very much against Dickerson. Hurt all the time and will likely be retired by the time he is 24 or so. Jenkins is a nasty road-grader. I think that he has seen action at both tackle spots but seems to project more as a RT in the NFL. The Stilllers already have two guys under contract he can start at RT.

It is also a possiblity that one of the talented CBs falls to where they pick. But certainly Tomlin has zero history of ever really drafting a CB and making him work through his own coaching.
              That's the B Team... never listen to those guy!!! They are idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That's the B Team... never listen to those guy!!! They are idiots!

Come on. Who doesn't love a 3-hour morning talk show that is 60% commercials?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Come on. Who doesn't love a 3-hour morning talk show that is 60% commercials?
                  The commercials are the best part of any show Colin Dunlap is on.

Comment

The Stillers sign Mike Tomlin to a three year contract extension. Lord knows why? Ho-hum.

The song "Renegade" should be replaced with Skid Row's "Wasted Time." It would certainly be fitting.
                    Because a shade over mediocrity is now the Steeler high bar.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                      Because a shade over mediocrity is now the Steeler high bar.
                      The standard is the standard.

Comment

I find it so difficult to get caught up in Steelers draft talk because a) the needs are numerous, b) they're going to pick who they want, c) I don't have a whole lot of faith in their ability to develop talent. Almost sounds like we're talking about Pirates drafting!

Comment

Yes, their needs are numerous

Also, when is the last time the Steelers drafted a player all these experts were projecting?

Comment

Add CB to the list after the morning Justin Layne just had in Cleveland.

Comment

The standard is the standard.
                              Next man up.

We do not live in our fears.

I just wish the Rooneys could at least have a coach who understands the basic rudiments of managing the clock at the end of the game. Dumblin was very fortunate that his defense bailed his stupid azz out several times last season after he made terrible time management decisions.

Comment

Add CB to the list after the morning Justin Layne just had in Cleveland.
                                He sucked about as bad as I did when I played some CB in the ninth grade. Tough position to play.

Word is that V-Tech corner Caleb Farley could take a fall due to some medical issues. He might be worth a look at 24.

I think LBs/Edges Zaven Collins of Tulsa and Jaelan Phillips out of Miami as well as Najee Harris top my wish list for the top pick at this point in time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X