Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

The Stillers filled one of their very big needs with the top rated player in the draft at that position. You can't do any better than that. Harris is a top flight back. He should be a good one. Now they have to remake the line. Still plenty of talent left there at round 2.
    I agree. At their draft position I don't know if they could get a better difference maker at any position. I don't follow much Steelers coverage so pardon me if this is out there or regularly discussed, but I'd love to see an analysis of the Colbert-Tomlin era drafts 2nd round on. I know the margin for success gets narrower but I also wonder just how much we can expect a 2nd or 3rd round OL to contribute in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I agree. At their draft position I don't know if they could get a better difference maker at any position. I don't follow much Steelers coverage so pardon me if this is out there or regularly discussed, but I'd love to see an analysis of the Colbert-Tomlin era drafts 2nd round on. I know the margin for success gets narrower but I also wonder just how much we can expect a 2nd or 3rd round OL to contribute in September.
      It's possible. Ten years ago the Stillers tabbed Marcus Gilbert out of Florida and he pretty much started the whole season at RT. Course, then again----Tomlin/Colbert have picked some real duds in round 2 as well over the years.

Interestingly tonight the Stillers may actually take a D-III OL in Quinn Meinerz out of Wisconsin-Whitewater.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

It's possible. Ten years ago the Stillers tabbed Marcus Gilbert out of Florida and he pretty much started the whole season at RT. Course, then again----Tomlin/Colbert have picked some real duds in round 2 as well over the years.

Interestingly tonight the Stillers may actually take a D-III OL in Quinn Meinerz out of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
        That D3 guy would have started almost anywhere in the country last year. He's nasty. He was so out of place down there.

Of course, bullying D3 DL and bullying NFL DL is a totally different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That D3 guy would have started almost anywhere in the country last year. He's nasty. He was so out of place down there.

Of course, bullying D3 DL and bullying NFL DL is a totally different animal.
          I agree - but that's also probably the best D3 conference. A lot of those kids would be playing FCS & DII in most states. Wisconsin has the Badgers and a ton of D3 schools with nothing in between. Northern Iowa isn't far from the Wisconsin line but still only has a handful of guys from there. Its really strange.

Comment

Pick 2 .... well, ...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Pick 2 .... well, ...
              I love the Harris pick. Very perplexed over pick 2. Never even heard of pick 3. Should have taken the D-3 guy. He is nuts.

I guess that Freiermuth was the consensus second best TE in the draft and they do need someone who can actually consistently catch the ball at the position. But....

Comment

Tampa Bay drafted Notre Dame OL Rob Hainsey out of Gateway in the 3rd. His dad was team captain at Edinboro in the 80s.

Comment

Long time coming but Roland Rivers gets his shot with the Steelers

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

Darn, you beat me to the punch here. Cool to hear this.

Comment

A 263 pound punter in the 7th round, They grow punters big in Georgia, aye? He was first team All American punter and an accomplished musician who plays multiple instruments. Stillers can bring in a baby grand.

[Ben Reothlisburger is antagonizing Pressley Harvin III who is playing Chopin on a baby grand]'
                      Ben: You know any Stephen Foster?
                      Pressley: [annoyed] Pardon?
                      Ben: Stephen Foster. Oh, Susannah, Camptown Races. Stephen stinkin' Foster!
                      Pressley: Well, this happens to be a nocturne.
                      Ben: [confused] A which?
                      Pressley: A nocturne! You know, Frederic fn Chopin?

Stillers did get two O-lineman and possible a pseudo third one in the multi-purpose TE. They must feel what the have now is adequate given a new OC offensive scheme.

Comment

Wouldn't that be something if he turns out to be real sleeper. Steelers need a quality backup for Gimpy Elbow Ben who has a history of not getting in 16 let alone 17 games in a season. Rudonk isn't the guy. Not sure about the playboy they picked up from the Washington Foosball team.

Comment

Comment

Agree unfortunately. Steelers playbook is built around a different style of QB play. Tomlin still has that projection thing against players from below FBS.

Comment

Does that imply Haskins will be cut also because is he not the same type of QB style as Rivers? The Steelers will have a Big 8 QB as backup who they have so much confidence in that they only gave him a one year extension? If these are fates of these QBs then the Steelers better get a franchise QB in the 2022 draft and Ben better make it through the entire 2021 season or the run game better get really strong really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                Does that imply Haskins will be cut also because is he not the same type of QB style as Rivers? The Steelers will have a Big 8 QB as backup who they have so much confidence in that they only gave him a one year extension? If these are fates of these QBs then the Steelers better get a franchise QB in the 2022 draft and Ben better make it through the entire 2021 season or the run game better get really strong really fast.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X