Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Football '21

What's the word? Any dates out there yet? The MEC is gearing up to play a 5-game regular season this Spring (with limited fans allowed).

I recall there was talk some PSAC teams were going to schedule a couple games.

Last I heard IUP is going to just do a normal spring session with no games.

Any firm news from any programs?

Any schools not having at least normal spring ball?

I believe just about everyone is going to just do a normal spring. Very small chance of some divisional scrimmages. I bet Hurst & #LitAF try to schedule some games. Their staffs aren't union so they are going to need to justify keeping them on at full pay. Seton Hill probably forgot they have a football team until they questioned the influx of male deposits in January and February.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      I believe just about everyone is going to just do a normal spring. Very small chance of some divisional scrimmages. I bet Hurst & #LitAF try to schedule some games. Their staffs aren't union so they are going to need to justify keeping them on at full pay. Seton Hill probably forgot they have a football team until they questioned the influx of male deposits in January and February.
      We'll get to see these spring rosters soon. See who stayed and who left (or retired).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We'll get to see these spring rosters soon. See who stayed and who left (or retired).
        Or died of old age.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Or died of old age.
          Lol.

Reminds me a bit of the movie Major League.

The day the Indians' roster gets published, the construction worker reads it and says "Who the F are these guys?"

Comment

Lol.

The day the Indians' roster gets published, the construction worker reads it and says "Who the F are these guys?"
            Good one! Yeah, it is going to take some time to get reacquainted with everything that is IUP/PSAC football.

Comment

i have saw a couple of games have been scheduled but nothing will be official or count towards the fall schedule. some teams are on field as we speak. i see edinboro has stuff scheduled as well as heard through the grapevine gannon does as well. no, there won't be a conference schedule but there will be scrimmages and/or games. i expect anyone can play who they want, at any level (dII vs DIII even?) just to get some work in. from what i have heard, they will take place on sundays. of course, it will be a school to school decision as no one will be forced to participate (as to save their budgets in the name of "keeping everyone safe out of an abundance of caution".)

Comment

Originally posted by playersdad View Post
                i have saw a couple of games have been scheduled but nothing will be official or count towards the fall schedule. some teams are on field as we speak. i see edinboro has stuff scheduled as well as heard through the grapevine gannon does as well. no, there won't be a conference schedule but there will be scrimmages and/or games. i expect anyone can play who they want, at any level (dII vs DIII even?) just to get some work in. from what i have heard, they will take place on sundays. of course, it will be a school to school decision as no one will be forced to participate (as to save their budgets in the name of "keeping everyone safe out of an abundance of caution".)
                Where are you seeing a schedule for Edinboro?

Comment

Where possible I'd assume most want to scrimmage teams not on their Fall schedule. I could see some teams holding some practices with another team ... maybe not a 'scrimmage' per se. If I had a really young rosters I'd definitely want to get some games in this spring. If I had an older, more seasoned team I wouldn't be in any hurry.

Comment

that's funny. the EUP football sched. for the spring was up yesterday, this morning...gone. they had 3 games/scrimmages scheduled. Considering the cowering of the PSAC I'd be surprised if they are able to hold any scrimmages. I know of a charity event planned with gannon and another team this spring. A number of teams (in other conf.) have spring schedules posted, unfort. the PSAC places political pressure on its member schools "out of abundance of caution", or in real terms..due to budgets. In the end, the players(customers who have purchased a service and have little recourse) will lose out I suspect. Again, I have had enough insight as a former coach and athlete to see how the PSAC has slowly gone downhill.

Comment

Lol.

I can watch that movie over and over again, and find a new humorous scene each time.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I can watch that movie over and over again, and find a new humorous scene each time.
                        Agree. All these years later and I actually find it more funny with time.

Comment

that's funny. the EUP football sched. for the spring was up yesterday, this morning...gone. they had 3 games/scrimmages scheduled. Considering the cowering of the PSAC I'd be surprised if they are able to hold any scrimmages. I know of a charity event planned with gannon and another team this spring. A number of teams (in other conf.) have spring schedules posted, unfort. the PSAC places political pressure on its member schools "out of abundance of caution", or in real terms..due to budgets. In the end, the players(customers who have purchased a service and have little recourse) will lose out I suspect. Again, I have had enough insight as a former coach and athlete to see how the PSAC has slowly gone downhill.
                          It's amazing over the course of time the amount of information that gets posted on here and then altered in more official places. Most 'news' regarding our teams breaks on here.

I always get a kick of out when bad stuff happens. The local media doesn't run with it -- and the posters in the know on here don't talk about it, either -- at least not on the main board. Bad stuff does happen.

Comment

The presidents of the schools are the voting delegates but I doubt any vote without consulting their AD. I imagine most if not all coaches want to play something this spring but then you also risk injury. Also, using wrestling as a guide, most likely no spectators. I guess having nothing this spring increases the likelihood of something in the fall. I can ask folks at Edinboro what's going on. Its possible they don't want people showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The presidents of the schools are the voting delegates but I doubt any vote without consulting their AD. I imagine most if not all coaches want to play something this spring but then you also risk injury. Also, using wrestling as a guide, most likely no spectators. I guess having nothing this spring increases the likelihood of something in the fall. I can ask folks at Edinboro what's going on. Its possible they don't want people showing up.
                              If anybody does play you surely won't see the stars play in these games. That would be foolish. I know Tort said he'd basically treat them like a JV game and thus didn't see the point. Any serious injury in the spring (ACL, etc.) and the Fall is gone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X