Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Eagles Talk

Since our Western PA folks have a Steelers Talk thread I figured why not have an Eagles Talk thread for us on the Eastern side of the commonwealth lol. I'm still pissed that Howie is still the GM after we've fired the HC, traded away the franchise QB, and with the #6 pick we are in talks to possibly draft a QB even though we wasted our 2nd rounder last year on a QB. We currently sit 48 million over the cap and have to probably cut some high cost veterans which ironically are on the defensive side of the ball like Brandon Graham, Malik Jackson, & Brandon Graham. Fletcher Cox I hear may be traded as well as possibly Jordan Mailata or Andre Dillard. You know it's bad cap wise when you potentially have to let your punter because "he costs too much" lol. Ideally we should be drafting a LB (Parsons), WR (Chase, Waddle) or trading down for more picks if we don't move up from #6. Outside of Lawrence & Wilson none of the other 1st round prospects at QB excite me enough to pull the trigger and that also makes Jalen Hurts expendable.

Steelers fans think they have a mess but look at the Eagles situation and I don't think the Steelers have it that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      Steelers fans think they have a mess but look at the Eagles situation and I don't think the Steelers have it that bad.
      Very true. The Steelers have drafted well so they have young players they can say we can at least go .500. Where as the Eagles have aging veterans stealing money, only 1 signed QB who is a 2nd year 2nd round pick whom we don't know if he's a legit NFL starting QB or just a career back up. No proven legit starting WR's on the roster, no LB'ers and only 2 decent DB's on the roster lol. It's a crap show at the Novacare Center these days with Howie running the team. The new coach is an unknown commodity and the city isn't overly impressed with most of the staff. Howie better nail this draft or the fans may start to boycott the games.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Very true. The Steelers have drafted well so they have young players they can say we can at least go .500. Where as the Eagles have aging veterans stealing money, only 1 signed QB who is a 2nd year 2nd round pick whom we don't know if he's a legit NFL starting QB or just a career back up. No proven legit starting WR's on the roster, no LB'ers and only 2 decent DB's on the roster lol. It's a crap show at the Novacare Center these days with Howie running the team. The new coach is an unknown commodity and the city isn't overly impressed with most of the staff. Howie better nail this draft or the fans may start to boycott the games.
        Seems to be a debate if the staff should be called the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync.

Comment

I think the Eagles in 2021 will look a lot like they did Andy Reids first year. Not very good but hopefully finding pieces to build around to get back to the playoffs once they get out of the salary cap hell they put themselves in. I think the NFC East will be bad again as well so that will probably help them. I don't have any faith in Howie to draft right, 2016 was probably the last one you could write home about, but most of the winners from that one are gone.

Comment

They are going to stink this fall....probably 4-12.

They just need to tank.

Comment

Finally Howie nails a draft pick and didn't mortgage the bank to move up 2 spots. Now on the other hand the Giants totally made out with robbing the Bears of essentially 2 first rounders and a couple day 3 picks and they were still able to land a decent WR at #20. Fields better pan out in Chicago or that entire front office will be fired. Day 2 I need Howie to not draft for needs and just stick to the script and draft BPA especially if Samuels Jr is still on the board or Christian Baramore is available.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                Finally Howie nails a draft pick and didn't mortgage the bank to move up 2 spots. Now on the other hand the Giants totally made out with robbing the Bears of essentially 2 first rounders and a couple day 3 picks and they were still able to land a decent WR at #20. Fields better pan out in Chicago or that entire front office will be fired. Day 2 I need Howie to not draft for needs and just stick to the script and draft BPA especially if Samuels Jr is still on the board or Christian Baramore is available.
                The Slim Reaper was a nice pick for the Iggles. But goodness he is just so small for an NFL player. But he is damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

The Slim Reaper was a nice pick for the Iggles. But goodness he is just so small for an NFL player. But he is damn good.
                  Don't forget another slim guy that turned out to be a stud, Steve Smith, he was a little fellow when he was drafted and look how he turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't forget another slim guy that turned out to be a stud, Steve Smith, he was a little fellow when he was drafted and look how he turned out.
                    I would also put former Iggle DeSean Jackson into that category. He was about the same weight (165) when he came out a decade or so ago and I thought that he would not make it. He did right fine for himself.

Comment

They are still gonna stink.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        They are still gonna stink.
                        Hahahaha after the draft we still have just Slay as our starting CB. The 4th round rookie won't be a starter this year so that means more Craig James on the outside getting abused by the Cowboys, Giants and Skins WR's. I foresee a 4-13 season and a top 5 pick next year.. Maybe then Howie will realize we need a starting CB via the draft.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X