Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom Alumnus Matt Feiler signs with LA

Feiler signed a 3 year, $21 million deal with the Chargers.

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Feiler signed a 3 year, $21 million deal with the Chargers.
    Cha-Ching. Wow. Great for him. That's some serious coin.

Comment

Earlier reports on said that the Steelers had reached out to a few offensive linemen in an effort to keep them in Pittsburgh, including Feiler.

NFL Insider John Clayton said that it would be difficult for the Steelers to keep Feiler because he was ranked the second best guard on the market and could get a deal worth $7 million. In 2020, he made $3.2 million.

Feiler has been in the NFL for 7 years now, undrafted out of Bloomsburg. He started with the Steelers on the practice squad in 2015 after an on-again, off-again relationship with Houston where he was released four different times. Feiler is a survivor who first started 26 games at right tackle in 2018-19 and then paid 3.25 million this year to be the starting left guard. He started all 13 games last season for the Steelers.
      https://www.radio.com/937thefan/spor...-with-chargers

Comment

Great reward for his faithfulness to the grind and the game. Literally took all those releases from Houston like a champ, kept working and improving and got a life changing contract that will set him and his family for life.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
          Great reward for his faithfulness to the grind and the game. Literally took all those releases from Houston like a champ, kept working and improving and got a life changing contract that will set him and his family for life.
          He's been moved around quite a bit by the Steelers. He showed that he's better at some positions than others but is holding his own. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers lowballed him. Colbert & Tomlin don't treat the guys from sub FBS very well.

Comment

He's been moved around quite a bit by the Steelers. He showed that he's better at some positions than others but is holding his own. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers lowballed him. Colbert & Tomlin don't treat the guys from sub FBS very well.
            Tomlin is an incompetent d ick! Feiler was a servicable RT. Not sure if he got that good of marks at LG.

Nice payday for him and he gets to block for an outstanding up and coming QB, be in the new stadium in LA and wear that lightning bolt on his helmet.

Comment

Feiler was better than he got credit for, and was able to fill 3 positions on the line. "Sorting free agent guards (minimum 50% snaps) by fewest pressures allowed: 1. Matt Feiler - 16 2. Joe Thuney - 17 3. Germain Ifedi - 25 4. Gabe Jackson - 26 5. Kevin Zeitler - 28 6. Denzelle Good - 29 7. Forrest Lamp - 38"

At LG Feiler played 848 snaps in 2020, allowing just two sacks according to Pro Football Focus.

Some have argued he played his best at LG in 2020.

Comment

Aren't they the ones that gave him playing time and a starting position in the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Aren't they the ones that gave him playing time and a starting position in the NFL?
                  Honestly, I think he made the most of the opportunities given to him. I don't believe Tomlin would have picked him if they weren't eager for OL depth. He was twice released by the Steelers and put on the practice squad. Its my opinion that he eventually worked his way into a starting position. The recent OL health issues forced him to play positions that he's not well suited for but he was more than competent. Tomlin has a history of undervaluing guys from below FBS and sometimes G5 guys. Maybe its projection on his part for "only" playing at W&M.

Comment

Honestly, I think he made the most of the opportunities given to him. I don't believe Tomlin would have picked him if they weren't eager for OL depth. He was twice released by the Steelers and put on the practice squad. Its my opinion that he eventually worked his way into a starting position. The recent OL health issues forced him to play positions that he's not well suited for but he was more than competent. Tomlin has a history of undervaluing guys from below FBS and sometimes G5 guys. Maybe its projection on his part for "only" playing at W&M.
                    ...by Colbert & Tomlin

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

...by Colbert & Tomlin
                      But now he will be making the most of the opportunites provided him by Brandon Staley. That's just the nature of the business, son.

You might also want to read up on what athletic conference that Staley finished his collegiate career in. You will make a connection. Enough said.

Comment

I think the Yinzers would have loved to keep him. Very versatile. But ... it's a salary cap league. You're worth what somebody will pay -- or, can afford to pay. The Steelers couldn't tie up $7m per in him. No cap room for such a deal. Nature of the beast.

No idea what they do at LT. Some think Big Al will get signed back at a big discount.

Guys who survive the first few days of FA see their values plummet.

I actually think the side show (Ju-Ju) will be back on a one-year deal. WR market was flooded this year and the draft is very deep. Several of the FA WRs got swiped up. He's kind of left at the alter at this point. Take a one-year, go big and see what happens next off-season.

The way the college game is so pass happy now there are so many more developed WRs. Ju-Ju is talented, but he's a nutcase, too.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          I think the Yinzers would have loved to keep him. Very versatile. But ... it's a salary cap league. You're worth what somebody will pay -- or, can afford to pay. The Steelers couldn't tie up $7m per in him. No cap room for such a deal. Nature of the beast.

No idea what they do at LT. Some think Big Al will get signed back at a big discount.

Guys who survive the first few days of FA see their values plummet.

I actually think the side show (Ju-Ju) will be back on a one-year deal. WR market was flooded this year and the draft is very deep. Several of the FA WRs got swiped up. He's kind of left at the alter at this point. Take a one-year, go big and see what happens next off-season.

The way the college game is so pass happy now there are so many more developed WRs. Ju-Ju is talented, but he's a nutcase, too.
                          Yup, you nailed it here. With the proliferation of the college pro style passing game you are MUCH better off to look for your WRs in the draft. Cheaper, younger, and hungrier. Same thing with RBs.

JuJu I hope is not back. I had enough of him. Key fumbles that cost the team at least 2-3 games the past several years. Dancing on Tiktok like an 11 year old girl. Same old Browns comment. He is stupid and not in accordance with the Steelers way. Too bad the spineless and inept coach is still there. He can't handle anything. Why is he there?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

But now he will be making the most of the opportunites provided him by Brandon Staley. That's just the nature of the business, son.

You might also want to read up on what athletic conference that Staley finished his collegiate career in. You will make a connection. Enough said.
                            The connection for Feiler is former Steeler coach Shaun Sarrett, the assistant OL coach for the Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

After the Texans released Feiler in 2015, any of the 32 NFL teams could have signed him. It was the Steelers that did. I'm happy for him and wish him continued success.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X