Lock Haven - at Lincoln, 9/4
    Mercyhurst
    Millersville
    Seton Hill
    Shepherd - at Ohio Dominican, 9/2
    Shippensburg
    Slippery Rock - at Wayne State, 9/2
    West Chester

Tort said as of now IUP can't seem to get an 11th game signed. He said in the IG that they had offers to take games in Texas and Missouri, but the travel costs would be too high.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Tort said as of now IUP can't seem to get an 11th game signed. He said in the IG that they had offers to take games in Texas and Missouri, but the travel costs would be too high.
      If I'm IUP I see if I can get one of the FCS Texas based programs to cough up money for a road game for cash. I believe FCS games against top competition nets a $50-100k check.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

If I'm IUP I see if I can get one of the FCS Texas based programs to cough up money for a road game for cash. I believe FCS games against top competition nets a $50-100k check.
          Edinboro got $90k to play two games at Grand Valley State.

Comment

Looks like IUP has given up on finding that Week 1 game. They released their schedule today; it starts Sept 11 hosting Kutztown.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

At that payout, it's probably not really worth it. Once you subtract flying 70-some people down there, hotels, meals, buses, etc., ... there isn't a whole lot of money left. And, it's likely you take a loss.

IUP's last game playing against a (then) 1-AA school was at Youngstown State in 1999. IUP nearly won (I think YSU pulled it out, 12-9), but the cost was big. Two QBs went down for the season, etc. Granted, that could happen in any game.

Add to it opening with Kutztown and Shepherd ... no need to take a beating against an FCS school.

I think if they had found the right cupcake who was willing to come to Miller Stadium, they'd have played the game. I actually wish they had a cupcake game lined up. Instead they are jumping right in to the fire against two loaded teams.

Comment

Charleston of the MEC is open week 1; that's a 4 hour drive. So is Ashland and a handful of Michigan schools (Davenport, Northwood) and CIAA & SIAC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  Charleston of the MEC is open week 1; that's a 4 hour drive. So is Ashland and a handful of Michigan schools (Davenport, Northwood) and CIAA & SIAC schools.
                  Charleston and Ashland certainly don't qualify as cupcakes. With Kutz and Shep to open it wouldn't make any sense to take a tough Week 1 game.

Unless it was like a Penn State vs. Akron type game, I'm sure IUP wasn't interested.

Their SOS is set with Kutz, Shep, Rock and Cal.

Comment

I think the days of the YSU money game are over. Right now they're playing one P5 money game, one FCS cupcake, and one decent FCS team. Same probably goes for most competitive FCS programs unless they're in a bind. I see only one past 2022 (UVA-Wise at ETSU in 2024), although its rare for D2 to schedule more than two years out.
                    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 03-30-2021, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      I think the days of the YSU money game are over. Right now they're playing one P5 money game, one FCS cupcake, and one decent FCS team. Same probably goes for most competitive FCS programs unless they're in a bind. I see only one past 2022 (UVA-Wise at ETSU in 2024), although its rare for D2 to schedule more than two years out.
                      Seems they'd rather go get paid than pay out. I'm sure the players enjoy playing up more than playing down.

I think Duquesne's next two openers are Louisville and Florida State. Too bad they didn't have a closer P5 program to play. Lol. That's the stuff that is baffling. Pitt would rather play YSU yearly than Duquesne. The Dukes would be a big gate at Heinz and a logical opener every year. That YSU opener draws like crap every year.

I get Pitt and Duquesne have a fierce pi$$ing match when it comes to ego.

Comment

Seems they'd rather go get paid than pay out. I'm sure the players enjoy playing up more than playing down.

I think Duquesne's next two openers are Louisville and Florida State. Too bad they didn't have a closer P5 program to play. Lol. That's the stuff that is baffling. Pitt would rather play YSU yearly than Duquesne. The Dukes would be a big gate at Heinz and a logical opener every year. That YSU opener draws like crap every year.

I get Pitt and Duquesne have a fierce pi$$ing match when it comes to ego.
                        YSU lost a good bit of its fan base in the last 25 years. Attendance is down 30% since 2002 (earliest date I can find attendance figures for). That's still top 25 in FCS but YSU used to be up there with the big boys (UDel, JMU, App St, Georgia Southern) and the big HBCU schools.

I also think that $250k for a MAC school or $750k for a P5 school is huge. That probably means that the golf outing is more alumni & booster social than fundraiser. You also don't need to rely on camp revenue anymore.

Comment

Gannon opens the season at Northwood

https://www.gonorthwood.com/sports/f...21-22/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                            Gannon opens the season at Northwood

https://www.gonorthwood.com/sports/f...21-22/schedule
                            The Boom Squad will be #LIT-AF

Comment

Alderson-Broaddus now looking for Week 1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X