Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seasons of 11 games began during the 1980s for most teams. Even into the 1990s and 2000s Bloom had seasons of 10 games, with the last being 2004. Fans can talk, but players need to think they can win every game. If they do, they control the playoff picture. Looking forward to Bloom versus IUP.

Comment

• Comment

• Well, 'lucky' is debatable. But, no doubt saying some fluke endings is legitimate.

I can recall a blocked extra point returned in the final seconds, the Billy Brown jump ball and the bomb with 8 seconds left in the playoffs last year on a blown coverage.

Wins are wins. No doubt. Some wild endings, too, no doubt.

Breaks only go one way for so long. Hopefully for those on this side the Football Gods shift things around soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, 'lucky' is debatable. But, no doubt saying some fluke endings is legitimate.

I can recall a blocked extra point returned in the final seconds, the Billy Brown jump ball and the bomb with 8 seconds left in the playoffs last year on a blown coverage.

Wins are wins. No doubt. Some wild endings, too, no doubt.

Breaks only go one way for so long. Hopefully for those on this side the Football Gods shift things around soon.

The IUP-Shepherd series has been interesting.
          • 1998: Shepherd 9, IUP 62007: Shepherd 41, IUP 342012: IUP 27, Shepherd 172015: Shepherd 17, IUP 132019: Shepherd 31, IUP 27
          http://www.indianagazette.com
          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

The IUP-Shepherd series has been interesting.
            • 1998: Shepherd 9, IUP 62007: Shepherd 41, IUP 342012: IUP 27, Shepherd 172015: Shepherd 17, IUP 132019: Shepherd 31, IUP 27But Shepherd goes 84 yards in 8 plays, with the Bagent-to-Phelps 23-yard TD coming with 11 seconds left. The teams combine for 976 total yards.

Right there. That's the theme this year. CLOSE THE SHIZ OUT.

If you look at the losses in the Tort era ... this has happened more than once. His teams have also had some incredibly awful starts in big games. They've then been a great 3rd and (almost all of) 4th quarter team but have had a knack for looking terrible in the early going on the big stages (SRU a couple times, West Florida, etc.)

Better starts under the bright lights and blood in the water mentality in the final minutes ... that's my wish list for 2021.

Comment

• Last edited by IUPNation; 06-10-2021, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Where do they keep track of "Good wins"? I wasn't aware of any extra award for such a thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                  So that just leaves Cal. (I'm assuming IUP will stick with 10 games.)

Lake Erie @ Clarion
                  Edinboro @ Grand Valley State
                  Gannon @ Northwood
                  Alderson Broaddus @ Mercyhurst
                  Wheeling @ Seton Hill
                  Slippery Rock @ Wayne State (MI)
                  Bloomsburg @ Stonehill
                  Pace @ East Stroudsburg
                  Assumption @ Kutztown
                  Lock Haven @ Lincoln (PA)
                  American International @ Millersville
                  Shepherd @ Ohio Dominican
                  West Virginia State @ Shippensburg
                  West Chester @ Bentley
                  Projected by no method whatsoever results for PSAC OOC games....Wins--CAL, CLAR, GVSU, NORTHWD, MC, SHU, SRU, BU, ESU, KUTZ, LHU, AIU, ODU, SHIP, WCU. So for the PSAC 11-4 in Week 1 is not a bad start, although the competition is really not challenging aside from GVSU and ODU.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Projected by no method whatsoever results for PSAC OOC games....Wins--CAL, CLAR, GVSU, NORTHWD, MC, SHU, SRU, BU, ESU, KUTZ, LHU, AIU, ODU, SHIP, WCU. So for the PSAC 11-4 in Week 1 is not a bad start, although the competition is really not challenging aside from GVSU and ODU.
                    Taking Seton Hill? Not sure the Griffins would win Class 4A in WPIAL.

They can play baseball. Football is an embarrassment.

Comment

But the last season I have to go on was 2019, when the FIGHTIN' STEWIES took home the PSAC PAROCHIAL CHAMPIONSHIP with wins over 6-5 MC and 2-9 GU. Meanwhile in their only season the WU CARDS were 1-10 giving up 400 pts in 11 games. Mostly the game's in G'berg and I'll take the home field advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Where do they keep track of "Good wins"? I wasn't aware of any extra award for such a thing...
                        That IUP 33-0 win in 1991 at ESU was a really good win.

Comment

Comment

• I'm sure there will be runs for both programs, but no they will not own the series with Shepherd. Shepherd is a better program, and we wanted to run the "PSAC gauntlet," hence why we joined the conference.

Call it lucky if you want, I'll call it another Win.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That IUP 33-0 win in 1991 at ESU was a really good win.
                              Dude, I'm tired of coming on this board and reading your lies. Get your facts right.
                              It was 34-0.
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'm sure there will be runs for both programs, but no they will not own the series with Shepherd. Shepherd is a better program, and we wanted to run the "PSAC gauntlet," hence why we joined the conference.

Call it lucky if you want, I'll call it another Win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X