Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHU No Spring Practice????

After seeing some Twitter comments by LHU players, it appears they have shut down the spring for football, either due to Covid , or lack of coverage by the training staff due to spring sports as well. How can the AD and Head Coach not have some plan to get something done??? Who is the President of LHU? Are they under the Bloom structure yet or not? Bloom is practicing. Anybody know anything about this???

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post
    After seeing some Twitter comments by LHU players, it appears they have shut down the spring for football, either due to Covid , or lack of coverage by the training staff due to spring sports as well. How can the AD and Head Coach not have some plan to get something done??? Who is the President of LHU? Are they under the Bloom structure yet or not? Bloom is practicing. Anybody know anything about this???
    Wow how do they plan to have a successful season with no spring practice. I understand no spring season for games against other teams but regular spring conditioning and practices are needed especially after having essentially all of 2020 off. Maybe Ville can chalk this game as a W in the column because summer camp will be rough trying to make sure everyone is conditioned then installing plays for 100 players who haven't played yet in live action via practice, scrimmage or live game.

Comment

Unsure about why Lock Haven isn't practicing. I don't see anything online. Have you asked the head coach?

The interim president of LHU is the Bloomsburg president, but the schools run separately. A unique attribute to Lock Haven is that Athletics is part of the academic division. At most DII and DIII schools athletics is under Student Affairs.

I'd just reach out to the coach and ask for an update. He's in the same situation as Edinboro's coach - hired just before lockdown so these are his first practices.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Unsure about why Lock Haven isn't practicing. I don't see anything online. Have you asked the head coach?

The interim president of LHU is the Bloomsburg president, but the schools run separately. A unique attribute to Lock Haven is that Athletics is part of the academic division. At most DII and DIII schools athletics is under Student Affairs.

I'd just reach out to the coach and ask for an update. He's in the same situation as Edinboro's coach - hired just before lockdown so these are his first practices.

Yeah ... something is up. Coaches start salivating at the mouth around January for Spring Ball. No chance they just aren't having it unless something is seriously wrong.

Comment

Interesting. While the cost of spring practice may be small, there is still a cost. If the school is shaking the couch cushions for spare change to stay open/fund an academic program, the few bucks saved by not having spring practice means something.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Interesting. While the cost of spring practice may be small, there is still a cost. If the school is shaking the couch cushions for spare change to stay open/fund an academic program, the few bucks saved by not having spring practice means something.
            I'd guess you'll see some LHU players hitting the portal.

Comment

LHU has been very clear that they're sitting on millions, so I don't think money is the problem. I also don't think something catastrophic is going on either as the program seems to be engaging online and signing recruits.

If its Covid related that would make sense. But so does limited athletic trainer coverage. Those are the likely scenarios.

Comment

LHU has been very clear that they're sitting on millions, so I don't think money is the problem. I also don't think something catastrophic is going on either as the program seems to be engaging online and signing recruits.

If its Covid related that would make sense. But so does limited athletic trainer coverage. Those are the likely scenarios.
                Is that liquid assets they are sitting on or hard assets that would need to be liquidated to spend? Is there an ongoing outbreak of COVID at LHU? Why would LHU be so reluctant the spend on athletic trainer coverage that they would have to shutter their spring practice entirely?

Comment

Is that liquid assets they are sitting on or hard assets that would need to be liquidated to spend? Is there an ongoing outbreak of COVID at LHU? Why would LHU be so reluctant the spend on athletic trainer coverage that they would have to shutter their spring practice entirely?
                  Liquid cash. Public estimates ~$45M. Athletic Trainers are union plus Lock Haven is somewhat rural. Not a quick hire opportunity unfortunately.

Comment

Why do you suspect it is cost related? I was looking for a reason online and couldn't find anything.

Comment

Liquid cash. Public estimates ~$45M. Athletic Trainers are union plus Lock Haven is somewhat rural. Not a quick hire opportunity unfortunately.
                      If they actually canceled Spring Ball for that ... numerous people should be fired immediately. No excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If they actually canceled Spring Ball for that ... numerous people should be fired immediately. No excuse.
                        Is spring ball canceled or just on hold? We know nothing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X