Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Jake pulled out a split decision last night. Very odd results on the judges' scorecards.

It was a good fight. Woodley blasted him in the fourth round and the ropes are the only thing that held Paul up. But, he recovered. The undercard had a couple good fights -- in particular the 140 lb one.

Like or hate him, JP is good for business. They are projecting that to be the second biggest PPV of the year (behind only Logan Paul vs Floyd Mayweather). They also sold out a major arena last night in Cleveland.

Comment

Yeah I agree. It reminds me of when Tyson came back and was fighting nobodies. People didn't tolerate that much but those fights were real and terribly lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah I agree. It reminds me of when Tyson came back and was fighting nobodies. People didn't tolerate that much but those fights were real and terribly lopsided.
        I think the plan last night was to set up the Tommy Fury fight but Fury looked terrible.

Comment

Paul and Woodley got $2m each straight purse. That doesn't include whatever cut of the PPV, merch, etc.

Jake keeps getting people those purses he's going to fight whomever he wants. He was a silly Youtuber a year ago. Now he can give some of the biggest paydays in all of combat sports. That kind of coin does a lot of talking.

Add to it the PPV sales were apparently astronomical and they fought in a wild, soldout (pro sports) arena.

It was Woodley's biggest payday of his career (by a mile).

You could also tell in the broadcast ShowTime was praying he won. I think they see him as their new cash cow. Amazing, but true.

Woodley had to be killing himself watching the tape the next day. When he knocked Jake through the ropes he should have pounced him. The KO was there for the taking.

Comment

Paul and Woodley got $2m each straight purse. That doesn't include whatever cut of the PPV, merch, etc.

Jake keeps getting people those purses he's going to fight whomever he wants. He was a silly Youtuber a year ago. Now he can give some of the biggest paydays in all of combat sports. That kind of coin does a lot of talking.

Add to it the PPV sales were apparently astronomical and they fought in a wild, soldout (pro sports) arena.

It was Woodley's biggest payday of his career (by a mile).

You could also tell in the broadcast ShowTime was praying he won. I think they see him as their new cash cow. Amazing, but true.

Woodley had to be killing himself watching the tape the next day. When he knocked Jake through the ropes he should have pounced him. The KO was there for the taking.

Comment

They'll obviously have to be very careful with his pairings. A loss will certainly bring the train to a halt.

The logical move would be Woodley Part 2. It was a huge draw and many felt Woodley won the split decision.

He showed Sunday night he would be killed by a real boxer of similar size. Woodley was in phenomenal shape but is still 39 and somewhat washed up.

He is paying out so much though that he may be able to keep plucking even bigger-name MMA guys -- although not sure Dana would let his under-contract stars fight unless he was getting a huge piece of the pie.

Jake is using a combination of classic WWE bad guy mixed with his enormous social media clout perfectly. No denying he's become a massive draw in boxing.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya has Covid. In his place, next weekend, 59-year-old Evander Holyfield will take his place.

Good Lord. Where is a Paul brother when you need them?

I'm a boxing guy. Evander is one of the warriors of all time. But ... at 59 ....

Comment

Sounds like a deal has been reached. Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury

Comment

I think I'm going to make a dedicated effort to keep this joker completely out of my news feed. (Not here, but everywhere else.)

Comment

Paul vs Woodley

Part 2

Tonight

Woodley got his rematch after Tommy Fury pulled out.

Comment

Gore vs Williams ... both completely gassed after Round 2.

Here we go

Comment

Jake Paul just KO Woodley.

5-0

#meme-season

Comment

Anybody going to watch Paul vs Fury this Sunday?

Comment

I can list 50 more fun ways to blow $50.

Comment

Why is he still fighting? Isn’t his brains all scrambled eggs now?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X