Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Why is he still fighting? Isn’t his brains all scrambled eggs now?
    No lol.

He's barely been hit in his 6 fights against mostly washed up MMA retirees.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I can list 50 more fun ways to blow $50.
      Valid. I oddly find him entertaining. His undercard matches are actually pretty good fights.

​​​​​I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No lol.

He's barely been hit in his 6 fights against mostly washed up MMA retirees.
        I thought he had CTE.

Comment

First two fights on card didn't see second round.

Comment

Despite a fake knowdown Tommy Fury wins by decision

Comment

Somebody should start a Jake Paul Message board...

Comment

Now we’ll see how seriously Jake Paul wants to be a legit boxer. He’s still a long way from competing with legit fighters if he can’t beat Tommy Fury. Fighting more old MMA guys won’t help him. The best thing he can probably do is forget fights for a couple years and just train. But can he stay out of the spotlight for that long?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                  Now we’ll see how seriously Jake Paul wants to be a legit boxer. He’s still a long way from competing with legit fighters if he can’t beat Tommy Fury. Fighting more old MMA guys won’t help him. The best thing he can probably do is forget fights for a couple years and just train. But can he stay out of the spotlight for that long?
                  I'd guess he'll want the Fury rematch this year. It was in Fury's contract. Those two are great at creating hype and will make another fortune. It's a strange sport for somebody with as much money as he has.

It was an entertaining PPV. The co-main event was a really good fight (with professional boxers).

Fury isn't some hot prospect but you could tell Paul was no longer fighting over the hill MMA guys. Fury controlled I'd say about 85 percent.

Comment

I knew boxing was becoming a joke years ago when a long over-the-hill George Foreman went back to fighting again and held his own with a lot of the younger heavyweights who were around at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd guess he'll want the Fury rematch this year. It was in Fury's contract. Those two are great at creating hype and will make another fortune. It's a strange sport for somebody with as much money as he has.

It was an entertaining PPV. The co-main event was a really good fight (with professional boxers).

Fury isn't some hot prospect but you could tell Paul was no longer fighting over the hill MMA guys. Fury controlled I'd say about 85 percent.
                      To me, fighting Fury again right away is a huge risk. If he loses again, who could possibly take him seriously?

But I realize I’m looking at this as a long time fan of what boxing used to be. This whole celebrity phenomenon and its appeal to younger audiences is way beyond my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                        I knew boxing was becoming a joke years ago when a long over-the-hill George Foreman went back to fighting again and held his own with a lot of the younger heavyweights who were around at that time.
                        George still carried a couple sledgehammers inside his gloves. He was always one punch away from putting your lights out and his opponents had to respect that.

Comment

George still carried a couple sledgehammers inside his gloves. He was always one punch away from putting your lights out and his opponents had to respect that.
                          I mean, George won the title with a late knockout of Michael Moorer. He was easily losing the fight but those old hand caught Moorer with a 1-2 combo and out he went.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I mean, George won the title with a late knockout of Michael Moorer. He was easily losing the fight but those old hand caught Moorer with a 1-2 combo and out he went.
                            That short combo that floored Moorer was still one of the craziest things I’ve seen. It was the boxing equivalent of Bruce Lee’s legendary one inch punch.

Comment

That short combo that floored Moorer was still one of the craziest things I’ve seen. It was the boxing equivalent of Bruce Lee’s legendary one inch punch.
                              It just came out of nowhere. I think Moorer got a little cocky as well. Foreman hadn't caught up to him all night. And then the match was over at the snap of a finger.

Comment

He was well past his prime by then. When he was at his best, most of those guys wouldn't have lasted two rounds with him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X