Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd vs Mercyhurst results

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2021/4...ercyhurst.aspx

I'm impressed they had 350 people there.

Comment

From reading others reactions to the game on Facebook, just seemed like a more veteran team (shepherd) capitalizing on a newer group at Mercyhurst via turnovers. Otherwise stats suggest it was pretty even. Also, as they should, Shepherd was working the run game and not unleashing Bagent at this juncture. Receiving corps I'd imagine will be a little different come this summer and fall as well with the few transfers coming in on offense.

Very encouraging with the defense making big plays and flying around. That OD game to start the year looks like it's going to be a battle between region contenders. OD is undefeated in their abbreviated season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
        From reading others reactions to the game on Facebook, just seemed like a more veteran team (shepherd) capitalizing on a newer group at Mercyhurst via turnovers. Otherwise stats suggest it was pretty even. Also, as they should, Shepherd was working the run game and not unleashing Bagent at this juncture. Receiving corps I'd imagine will be a little different come this summer and fall as well with the few transfers coming in on offense.

Very encouraging with the defense making big plays and flying around. That OD game to start the year looks like it's going to be a battle between region contenders. OD is undefeated in their abbreviated season.
        I suspect Mercyhurst will be pretty bad this year. The few stars they had ... play for other teams now. Marty doesn't really do the transfer thing too much so they are probably going to be incredibly young. I'd guess the Lakers probably will be a 1 or 2 win team in '21.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

You jogged my memory. As a fan of an opposing team, the mere mention of Bagent concerns me greatly.

In 2019, the PSAC had a number of great QB's. Maybe he didn't get as much attention as the others because he was just a sophomore but Bagent might have been the best one of them all.

Comment

from what i saw, qb play will be hindered at the hurst due to a small off. line. there are some very good but young skill players that are just freshman. also, a number of skill players are out w/injury right now. def., mercyhurst has decent lb play but again, a little small on the d-line. they seem to have recruited well, they are just young, and not playing last fall has probably helped their younger players gain experience through extended practices. it'll be sru's conf. again i believe

Comment

Originally posted by playersdad View Post
              from what i saw, qb play will be hindered at the hurst due to a small off. line. there are some very good but young skill players that are just freshman. also, a number of skill players are out w/injury right now. def., mercyhurst has decent lb play but again, a little small on the d-line. they seem to have recruited well, they are just young, and not playing last fall has probably helped their younger players gain experience through extended practices. it'll be sru's conf. again i believe
              It may be. SRU has an abundance of talent back and has added many transfers. They won't, however, have Rivers back there to play Houdini any longer. We'll see how the new QB turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It may be. SRU has an abundance of talent back and has added many transfers. They won't, however, have Rivers back there to play Houdini any longer. We'll see how the new QB turns out.
                Sorry if this hijacks the thread...I actually think SRU's season comes down to QB play. They have a bunch of true freshmen on the roster plus at least the Hermitage kid coming in this summer. Two transfers: the North Dakota guy threw 6 passes over 2 seasons, and the St Francis transfer has some experience but only threw 18 passes over 8 games in 2019. Lots of rust and inexperience on that crew.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Just a comment on SRU 2019 and how they couldn't compete when they got to the semis. SRU was way overhyped (by SRU) in 2019. I don't think they could compete with MN State on a man-to-man level. It had nothing to do with the weather. Rivers beat IUP, Kutztown, and, I think, Cal with his legs in the late 4th qtr. or they could have lost any or all of those games.

BTW, I give SRU credit for all the hype. Rivers did win the Harlon Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You jogged my memory. As a fan of an opposing team, the mere mention of Bagent concerns me greatly.

In 2019, the PSAC had a number of great QB's. Maybe he didn't get as much attention as the others because he was just a sophomore but Bagent might have been the best one of them all.
                    rivers was awesome, and the kutztown guy just found a way to win most weeks. We are very lucky to have bagent. Your right though, IUPs guy was a good one as well and rarely gets mentioned. Very good season for qbs in 2019 for the PSAC.

Shepherd has Rock scheduled for the last week of the season. Hope it stays that way for the crown, we need another crack at them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X