Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PASSHE Football Coach Salaries

Every PASSHE employee's salary is listed in an online state database for all state employees. For that reason, I won't list them here but curious folks can go find the info if they're dying to know.

PASSHE Average: $109,943

PSAC East PASSHE: $108,962
    PSAC West PASSHE: $111,316

Range: $82,000 - $145,167

This is just head coaches. Every school has a variety of staffing models - and since coaches are under a CBA, long-tenured coordinators will make as much if not more than some head coaches. Some rely more on PT and GA coaches too.

Also, this info excludes Cheyney (no football) and Mansfield (no NCAA football).

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Every PASSHE employee's salary is listed in an online state database for all state employees. For that reason, I won't list them here but curious folks can go find the info if they're dying to know.

PASSHE Average: $109,943

PSAC East PASSHE: $108,962
    PSAC West PASSHE: $111,316

Range: $82,000 - $145,167

This is just head coaches. Every school has a variety of staffing models - and since coaches are under a CBA, long-tenured coordinators will make as much if not more than some head coaches. Some rely more on PT and GA coaches too.

Also, this info excludes Cheyney (no football) and Mansfield (no NCAA football).

Is Lombardi the highest-paid coach in the PASSHE (any sport)?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It appears that way - by $30k. Unless there's a George Mihalek situation where a coach is actually listed by another position.

Comment

He's earned that!

Comment

Is Torts the highest paid Foosball coach?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            Is Torts the highest paid Foosball coach?
            No

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

No
              Top 5 in order- Zwann, Tort, Lutz/Dunn (same salary about), and Maciejewski.

McCook at Shepherd would slot in at #6 behind those 5. I was curious where Shepherd was in terms of coaches salaries.

Comment

For those interested, the head coach of the Mansfield sprint football team gets paid $45,000.

Comment

Zwann - $145,167
                  Tortorella- $132,474
                  Dunn- $128,662
                  Lutz-$128,125
                  Maciejewski-$117,580
                  Clements-$110,999
                  Morgan- $105,558
                  Sheptock- $95,000
                  Kellin- $90,000
                  Weible- $85,317
                  Nulph- $82,000

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                    Zwann - $145,167
                    Tortorella- $132,474
                    Dunn- $128,662
                    Lutz-$128,125
                    Maciejewski-$117,580
                    Clements-$110,999
                    Morgan- $105,558
                    Sheptock- $95,000
                    Kellin- $90,000
                    Weible- $85,317
                    Nulph- $82,000

These used to come with some perks, too, at certain schools -- at least (so I've always heard). Word was the IUP job came with membership at Indiana Country Club, leased vehicle, etc.

The top several jobs are really good gigs. Just with resources alone you should be pretty much guaranteed a winning record year after year.

As we all know, these jobs aren't all created equally -- and the playing field in the PSAC is far from even.

Chris Weible is a steal at $85,000. Give him the resources at an IUP or SRU and his career record would be incredibly different. His record surely doesn't show it but he puts out tough teams year after year -- working with peanuts in the budget. He had IUP dead in the water a couple years ago inside Miller and blew it in the fourth quarter ... team just wore down. That's 25 equivalencies versus, what, 6 or so?

I'd be curious to compare the football pay versus the men's basketball pay. It may not be that far off. I think Lombardi's last contract extension put him up in the $180s per year. I'd guess there is a significant drop after him down in the $120s/range and then the $80s level.

I'd assume our 'private' schools are paying pretty similarly.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                      Zwann - $145,167
                      Tortorella- $132,474
                      Dunn- $128,662
                      Lutz-$128,125
                      Maciejewski-$117,580
                      Clements-$110,999
                      Morgan- $105,558
                      Sheptock- $95,000
                      Kellin- $90,000
                      Weible- $85,317
                      Nulph- $82,000
                      Kind of interesting that Zwann is the highest paid yet his whole team are walk ons. :-D

Comment

These used to come with some perks, too, at certain schools -- at least (so I've always heard). Word was the IUP job came with membership at Indiana Country Club, leased vehicle, etc.

The top several jobs are really good gigs. Just with resources alone you should be pretty much guaranteed a winning record year after year.

As we all know, these jobs aren't all created equally -- and the playing field in the PSAC is far from even.

Chris Weible is a steal at $85,000. Give him the resources at an IUP or SRU and his career record would be incredibly different. His record surely doesn't show it but he puts out tough teams year after year -- working with peanuts in the budget. He had IUP dead in the water a couple years ago inside Miller and blew it in the fourth quarter ... team just wore down. That's 25 equivalencies versus, what, 6 or so?

I'd be curious to compare the football pay versus the men's basketball pay. It may not be that far off. I think Lombardi's last contract extension put him up in the $180s per year. I'd guess there is a significant drop after him down in the $120s/range and then the $80s level.

I'd assume our 'private' schools are paying pretty similarly.
                        I recall Edinboro's job came with a leased vehicle from one of the local dealerships. Doubt that's the case anymore.

Lombardi - $179,119
                        Wilson - $122,696
                        Driscoll - $112,203
                        Fite - $105,230
                        Sancomb - $97,375
                        Sanow - $94,304
                        Blair - $92,804
                        Grady - $90,200
                        Cleary - $87,672
                        Nestor - $84,408
                        Pitts - $61,500
                        Szentsy - $61,500

Comment

I wonder in any coaches contracts are performance incentives included such as team GPA, winning the conference title, regional title and national championship appearance/win

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                            I wonder in any coaches contracts are performance incentives included such as team GPA, winning the conference title, regional title and national championship appearance/win
                            Maybe for the private schools? For PASSHE schools I'm pretty sure that the union contract makes things pretty standard. Not exactly sure how perks like leases or club memberships fit. However, all compensation is approved by school Council of Trustees. I believe the coaches union contract says that bonus must be recommended by the president and approved by the trustees. Essentially they have to approve a one-time exception to the CBA. I vaguely recall Edinboro did this several years ago for Tim Flynn after wrestling finished #3.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X