Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOP 20 D2 QBS in 2021.....3 from the PSAC

https://mobile.twitter.com/thecfbnet...041284/photo/2

#2-TYSON BAGENT-SHEPHERD, #14-BRYCEN MUSSINA- SHIPPENSBURG, #19- NOAH MITCHELL-CALIFORNIA

How good will the Shippensburg QB be without his top 2 WR's who now are at SMU & Penn state as PWO as 5th year seniors. He does have an all conference and potential All-American TE returning though.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      https://mobile.twitter.com/thecfbnet...041284/photo/2

#2-TYSON BAGENT-SHEPHERD, #14-BRYCEN MUSSINA- SHIPPENSBURG, #19- NOAH MITCHELL-CALIFORNIA

First two, yes. Not sold on Mitchell.

But ... it is two years later. He needed to bulk up some. Maybe he did.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
        How good will the Shippensburg QB be without his top 2 WR's who now are at SMU & Penn state as PWO as 5th year seniors. He does have an all conference and potential All-American TE returning though.
        Valid point. We have the opposite. Mega Skill all over but a question at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I've never questioned his body as much as his ability to throw certain passes, especially the outside route. If he constantly throws over the middle DBs eventually catch on. Hopefully with the long offseason adjustments have been made. Aside from two games, the schedule is pretty soft. I'll be disappointed with anything less than 9-2.

Comment

Agreed. Granted, it's been two years since he last played, but I can't really say overly impressed with Mitchell in 2019. He didn't seem to perform well against the "elite" teams of the PSAC from what I recall.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Agreed. Granted, it's been two years since he last played, but I can't really say overly impressed with Mitchell in 2019. He didn't seem to perform well against the "elite" teams of the PSAC from what I recall.

Comment

You may have already jinxed it !!

Comment

End of the day the QBs with the most talent around them will have the best stats, etc.

SRU and IUP have question marks behind center, but ... if they (whomever their QBs end up being) can hit the side of a barn they will both have huge seasons.

Both have incredible WRs, TEs, RBs, OL. We know the Shepherd QB will have tools. Cal U's (or the Western Triad whatever) will also have ample weapons.

Like every year ... we go in thinking we know the stars ... and by October 1 we have all new stars.

IUP has a Penn State transfer at WR. I hear he's 6'9" and runs a 3.8 forty. Irv something ...

Comment

End of the day the QBs with the most talent around them will have the best stats, etc.

SRU and IUP have question marks behind center, but ... if they (whomever their QBs end up being) can hit the side of a barn they will both have huge seasons.

Both have incredible WRs, TEs, RBs, OL. We know the Shepherd QB will have tools. Cal U's (or the Western Triad whatever) will also have ample weapons.

Like every year ... we go in thinking we know the stars ... and by October 1 we have all new stars.

IUP has a Penn State transfer at WR. I hear he's 6'9" and runs a 3.8 forty. Irv something ...
                    And the other side of that discussion is the slightly above average talent QB who doesn't make mistakes versus the uber talented QB who has a knack for throwing an untimely pick in the big moment. We've all been there.
                    Can I say I enjoy talking football !!

Comment

Clearly loaded with raw talent. Unsure about his HS competition but most could see that he was having trouble adjusting to the college game with better players and better coaching. If he puts in the work, look out. If he's been coasting on his natural ability and thinks that's all he needs then Cal is in trouble. Next guy in line has thrown 27 college passes (with good numbers despite a small sample size). Third stringer redshirted in 2019 and it looks like Cal didn't sign a QB recruit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Clearly loaded with raw talent. Unsure about his HS competition but most could see that he was having trouble adjusting to the college game with better players and better coaching. If he puts in the work, look out. If he's been coasting on his natural ability and thinks that's all he needs then Cal is in trouble.
                        I don't know about any of that, but the unusual thing to me is that there was not a significant statistical improvement from his freshman to his sophomore year despite having Hill and Dandrige at WR and Brown at RB both years -- and 3/5 of his OL back for his sophomore season. But I'm sure losing McCorkle at LT was huge. That guy was a beast.
                        Comp Att Yds TD Int Rating
                        2018 219 390 2,759 19 14 124.5
                        2019 196 355 2,464 25 8 132.3
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I don't know about any of that, but the unusual thing to me is that there was not a significant statistical improvement from his freshman to his sophomore year despite having Hill and Dandrige at WR and Brown at RB both years -- and 3/5 of his OL back for his sophomore season. But I'm sure losing McCorkle at LT was huge. That guy was a beast.
                          Comp Att Yds TD Int Rating
                          2018 219 390 2,759 19 14 124.5
                          2019 196 355 2,464 25 8 132.3
                          I get what you're saying and I agree. However the kid was able to play as a true freshman. The talent is there. To borrow a basketball term, he seemed like a bit of a chucker. The dropoff in INTs to me shows some improvement but then again I wasn't watching each game to see everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I get what you're saying and I agree. However the kid was able to play as a true freshman. The talent is there. To borrow a basketball term, he seemed like a bit of a chucker. The dropoff in INTs to me shows some improvement but then again I wasn't watching each game to see everything else.
                            In Cal's four losses in 2019, Mitchell (a) threw three picks vs. two TDs against Kutztown, and (b) completed 50 percent or fewer of his passes in losses to IUP, Rock and WCU. I don't know how much of an impact the two year layoff between actual games will impact him, but I would think it's a pretty short leash this season (despite having two virtual byes in cross-over play in Lock Haven and Millersville - both of which are at Adamson).
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

In Cal's four losses in 2019, Mitchell (a) threw three picks vs. two TDs against Kutztown, and (b) completed 50 percent or fewer of his passes in losses to IUP, Rock and WCU. I don't know how much of an impact the two year layoff between actual games will impact him, but I would think it's a pretty short leash this season (despite having two virtual byes in cross-over play in Lock Haven and Millersville - both of which are at Adamson).
                              Great point. Stats can be so deceiving. You want to see how he performs when the lights get bright. They all rack up big numbers against Lock Haven and Millersville.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X