Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    End of the day the QBs with the most talent around them will have the best stats, etc.

SRU and IUP have question marks behind center, but ... if they (whomever their QBs end up being) can hit the side of a barn they will both have huge seasons.

Both have incredible WRs, TEs, RBs, OL. We know the Shepherd QB will have tools. Cal U's (or the Western Triad whatever) will also have ample weapons.

Like every year ... we go in thinking we know the stars ... and by October 1 we have all new stars.

IUP has a Penn State transfer at WR. I hear he's 6'9" and runs a 3.8 forty. Irv something ...
    I think Slippery Rock will be ok at QB. Remember, in 2018 Andrew Koester was the season-opening starting QB before he went down with an injury. The film on the FCS (South Dakota) transfer from his playing days at a JUCO school looks solid. So I think Slippery Rock will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I think Slippery Rock will be ok at QB. Remember, in 2018 Andrew Koester was the season-opening starting QB before he went down with an injury. The film on the FCS (South Dakota) transfer from his playing days at a JUCO school looks solid. So I think Slippery Rock will be ok.
      They'll be fine. Talent all over -- and they get IUP in front of 10k up there.

I don't think there's any doubt they start out as the favorite in the West.

BUT ... Koester isn't Rivers. Gone are all the Houdini plays Rivers could make keeping plays alive, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They'll be fine. Talent all over -- and they get IUP in front of 10k up there.

I don't think there's any doubt they start out as the favorite in the West.

BUT ... Koester isn't Rivers. Gone are all the Houdini plays Rivers could make keeping plays alive, etc.

New QB Grover looks good. I believe he can run a little bit too. The Rock should have have more of a balance than last year. Upgraded at RB.

Comment

West teams likely with new starting QBs in 2021:

Clarion
          Edinboro
          IUP
          Mercyhurst
          Slippery Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Clarion
            Edinboro
            IUP
            Mercyhurst
            Slippery Rock
            Gannon (probably; Akron transfer got most of reps in spring season)
            Seton Hill (Barabe is now a GA on staff)
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Gannon (probably; Akron transfer got most of reps in spring season)
              Seton Hill (Barabe is now a GA on staff)
              Oh wow so everyone but Mercyhurst lol

Comment

Oh wow so everyone but Mercyhurst lol
                You mean Cal?
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

You mean Cal?
                  Them too haha

Comment

You mean Cal?
                    MITCHELL and 7 very winnable games before COAL BOWL #12 ... here's hoping he spent some time connecting with his receiving corps. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

MITCHELL and 7 very winnable games before COAL BOWL #12 ... here's hoping he spent some time connecting with his receiving corps. Time will tell.
                      Cal gets past the opener ... should definitely come to Miller undefeated.

Comment

I agree. There's always the Gannon/Mercyhurst fallacy & potential traps. Never know what they'll be from year to year.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                          How good will the Shippensburg QB be without his top 2 WR's who now are at SMU & Penn state as PWO as 5th year seniors. He does have an all conference and potential All-American TE returning though.
                          That TE, David Balint, grabbed the #1 spot on the top-20 tight ends list for D-II. But yeah, I don't see a recognizable name in the WR room.

Comment

Clarion
                            Edinboro
                            IUP
                            Mercyhurst
                            Slippery Rock
                            Gannon has a Grad xfr from Bryant (NEC) 6'3 228
                            last season 11games, 1700yds, 154.5ypg, 57.8%
                            RS at Ohio State
                            Last edited by Sec10-A-14; 07-26-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Gannon has a Grad xfr from Bryant (NEC) 6'3 228
                              last season 11games, 1700yds, 154.5ypg, 57.8%
                              RS at Ohio State
                              So, KORY CURTIS is taking a tour of locations and divisions of Midwest/Northeast football programs. Once again the urge to travel rather than commit, especially for a young man from the West coast of Florida, puzzles me. Missing stat from his only full season with the 4-8 Bulldogs is 7 TDs and 6 INTs with 3 lost fumbles. In the 4 game spring season he apparently got benched in favor of a NJ freshman who didn't do much better but the team finished 2-2 which is a start. GANNON probably should anticipate something like their 5 year average 4-7 and maybe embarrass my VULCANS as they did in '18. Time will tell.

Comment

So, KORY CURTIS is taking a tour of locations and divisions of Midwest/Northeast football programs. Once again the urge to travel rather than commit, especially for a young man from the West coast of Florida, puzzles me. Missing stat from his only full season with the 4-8 Bulldogs is 7 TDs and 6 INTs with 3 lost fumbles. In the 4 game spring season he apparently got benched in favor of a NJ freshman who didn't do much better but the team finished 2-2 which is a start. GANNON probably should anticipate something like their 5 year average 4-7 and maybe embarrass my VULCANS as they did in '18. Time will tell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X