Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC East Predictions

Coaches poll will be released on Wednesday, August 4. Here's a place to predict, discuss, and argue about how we think the PSAC East will finish.

To get things started:

1. Shepherd
    2. Kutztown
    3. West Chester
    4. Shippensburg
    5. East Stroudsburg
    6. Bloomsburg
    7. Millersville
    8. Lock Haven

Agree

Comment

1. West Chester
      2. Shepherd
      3. Kutztown
      4. East Stroudsburg
      5. Shippensburg
      6. Bloomsburg
      7. Millersville
      8. Lock Haven

I have WCU winning on the strength of WR Rasheem Jones returning after sitting out the 2019/2020 seasons for academics/COVID. He was up there with Winston Eubanks (Shippensburg) for top PSAC WR when he was eligible and playing. Will definitely provide a spark to the offense and is a legit deep ball threat. Kutztown has to find that QB spark they had in 2019 can Eric Nickel be the man full time as the starting QB. As for Shippensburg they'll find a way to lose games they should win lol. Hiring an outsider as OC so late in the offseason means they'll need the defense to step up big time early in the season, I don't see that happening so another 6-5 or 5-6 season is probably in the cards. Ville will be improved and should win their OOC games as well as LHU. If they can steal a game between Ship, ESU Bloom that's a 4 win season

Comment

1. Shepherd- ride Bagent and what should be a very strong defense to their first PSAC title.
        2. West Chester
        3. Kutztown- Losing that QB has to account for a small slide back. He was exceptional late in games.
        4. Bloomsburg
        5. Shippensburg
        6. East Stroudsburg
        7. Millersville
        8. Lock Haven- think its going to be a rough year here, their 2 best offensive players transferred to other teams in the same division.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
          1. Shepherd- ride Bagent and what should be a very strong defense to their first PSAC title.
          2. West Chester
          3. Kutztown- Losing that QB has to account for a small slide back. He was exceptional late in games.
          4. Bloomsburg
          5. Shippensburg
          6. East Stroudsburg
          7. Millersville
          8. Lock Haven- think its going to be a rough year here, their 2 best offensive players transferred to other teams in the same division.

This could become (or already has) a trend. In the West, IUP and SRU both cashed in on top players from lesser teams (within the division).

SRU got an all-conference safety from Mercyhurst. IUP took a stud DL from Clarion and another starting LB came in from Edinboro (as well as a depth RB from Mercyhurst).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

This could become (or already has) a trend. In the West, IUP and SRU both cashed in on top players from lesser teams (within the division).

SRU got an all-conference safety from Mercyhurst. IUP took a stud DL from Clarion and another starting LB came in from Edinboro (as well as a depth RB from Mercyhurst).
            Yea, Shepherd got Lock Haven's all conference RB and I think West Chester got an all conference TE? Maybe I'm getting the years mixed up, but nonetheless your right. Transferring in the conference is going to make things a bit saltier.

Comment

The conference may need to do what the CIAA does require players to sit out a year if they transfer within conference unless they're grad transfers to discourage schools from poaching away top talent from lesser conference schools.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

The conference may need to do what the CIAA does require players to sit out a year if they transfer within conference unless they're grad transfers to discourage schools from poaching away top talent from lesser conference schools.
                I'd be okay with it. Coaching changes, graduation academic changes (pursue a major not offered by current school).

Comment

I swear we used to have that rule (say, a decade ago). If you went from one West school to another you had to sit a year).

When there's no penalty ... there's really no reason for stars from lesser teams to stay there. In the example above would you rather get pounded as Lock Haven's feature back or go play in Shepherd's offense and contend for the postseason?

I've always compared PSAC Football to MLB. You have the wealthy teams, the poor teams and those stuck in the middle.

Life is going to get very hard for the Clarion's, Lock Haven's, etc., if their homegrown stars bail after a couple years -- and, of course, go play AGAINST them.

The player IUP got ... Clarion redshirted him and then he played for two years. They built him up, etc., ... and now IUP gets to benefit from his two peak years (junior and senior seasons). Personally, I'm thrilled they got him. But, other side of the tracks ... that would sting.

Comment

I swear we used to have that rule (say, a decade ago). If you went from one West school to another you had to sit a year).

When there's no penalty ... there's really no reason for stars from lesser teams to stay there. In the example above would you rather get pounded as Lock Haven's feature back or go play in Shepherd's offense and contend for the postseason?

I've always compared PSAC Football to MLB. You have the wealthy teams, the poor teams and those stuck in the middle.

Life is going to get very hard for the Clarion's, Lock Haven's, etc., if their homegrown stars bail after a couple years -- and, of course, go play AGAINST them.

The player IUP got ... Clarion redshirted him and then he played for two years. They built him up, etc., ... and now IUP gets to benefit from his two peak years (junior and senior seasons). Personally, I'm thrilled they got him. But, other side of the tracks ... that would sting.

Comment

1. West Chester
                      2. Shepherd
                      3. Kutztown
                      4. East Stroudsburg
                      5. Shippensburg
                      6. Bloomsburg
                      7. Millersville
                      8. Lock Haven

I have WCU winning on the strength of WR Rasheem Jones returning after sitting out the 2019/2020 seasons for academics/COVID. He was up there with Winston Eubanks (Shippensburg) for top PSAC WR when he was eligible and playing. Will definitely provide a spark to the offense and is a legit deep ball threat. Kutztown has to find that QB spark they had in 2019 can Eric Nickel be the man full time as the starting QB. As for Shippensburg they'll find a way to lose games they should win lol. Hiring an outsider as OC so late in the offseason means they'll need the defense to step up big time early in the season, I don't see that happening so another 6-5 or 5-6 season is probably in the cards. Ville will be improved and should win their OOC games as well as LHU. If they can steal a game between Ship, ESU Bloom that's a 4 win season
                      Ville could beat AIC, Clarion, LHU, and Edinboro to get 4. LHU can beat Lincoln for sure in the opener for at least 1. Ville may even be able to upset Bloom which would be a big loss for the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea, Shepherd got Lock Haven's all conference RB and I think West Chester got an all conference TE? Maybe I'm getting the years mixed up, but nonetheless your right. Transferring in the conference is going to make things a bit saltier.
                        I've said it before ... I love Chantz Swartz. He has the type of explosiveness that makes the back seven look like it's standing still when he gets past scrimmage, and he's physical enough to bang up the gut.

I see him having a huge year in Shepherdstown.

Meanwhile at Student Association Field with Gilmore Seavers Locker Room and Steve Spence Track at Seth Grove Stadium ... word has it that former Boston College QB Sam Johnson III has joined the Ship fold. It's making for a really crowded QB room, although I still can't imagine anyone pushing Mussina for the starting job.
                        Last edited by jrshooter; 08-08-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

With all due respect to Swartz, he'll have plenty of competition in the Rams backfield. Ty Hebron and Ronnie Brown are solid backs.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I've said it before ... I love Chantz Swartz. He has the type of explosiveness that makes the back seven look like it's standing still when he gets past scrimmage, and he's physical enough to bang up the gut.

I see him having a huge year in Shepherdstown.

Meanwhile at Student Association Field with Gilmore Seavers Locker Room and Steve Spence Track at Seth Grove Stadium ... word has it that former Boston College QB Sam Johnson III has joined the Ship fold. It's making for a really crowded QB room, although I still can't imagine anyone pushing Mussina for the starting job.
                            Wow that's very surprising that Coach Mac would go get a FBS P5 transfer, it's not like Johnson was a PWO there he was on scholarship and was 3rd team going into fall camp. He has a unique skill set and nobody has an advantage learning the playbook as they just hired the OC so it wouldn't surprise me if Johnson did win the job this fall.

Comment

Wow that's very surprising that Coach Mac would go get a FBS P5 transfer, it's not like Johnson was a PWO there he was on scholarship and was 3rd team going into fall camp. He has a unique skill set and nobody has an advantage learning the playbook as they just hired the OC so it wouldn't surprise me if Johnson did win the job this fall.
                              I still think that's overlooking what Mussina has done in his college career, and I also think that's becoming prevalent. The guy is a damn good QB, and people tend to gloss over the fact.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X